Adam Rooneys Contract

BornCaley

Yeah, you're right. When did Hearts last win anything? Oh yeah, 2006. And how are they doing now? Oh yeah, runaway third place without a fit recognised goal-scoring striker. No chance of winning a cup then...far better chance with never-won-anything-Watford :unsure:

And to make a challenge for the league, all a team needs to be is better than the other provincials (as Jim Jefferies previously did with Hearts). It's only to win it do they need to be better than the Old Firm (which I'm not suggesting they can).

Yeah, you're right. When did Hearts last win anything? Oh yeah, 2006. And how are they doing now? Oh yeah, runaway third place without a fit recognised goal-scoring striker. No chance of winning a cup then...far better chance with never-won-anything-Watford :unsure:

And to make a challenge for the league, all a team needs to be is better than the other provincials (as Jim Jefferies previously did with Hearts). It's only to win it do they need to be better than the Old Firm (which I'm not suggesting they can).

Going to Hearts would do nothing for his international career. If he is to leave us then only the old firm or a team in England would really further his reputation.

Linking topics, boards and all that...........if Andy Barrowman is over rated, what does that make Zander Diamond!!!!!!!

Agree with RWAD. If that's the extent of Hearts ambition then Rooney would be well off staying clear.

But where else would he go? Almost certainly not EPL or OF. Probably not Championship challengers either. Go to Hearts, continue scoring for the 3rd placed team and he might do a Stokes. Alternatively, go to Sheffield Wednesday or Coventry. Not get as many chances to score and get lost like so many others.

The Championship is tough enough with a good team. Lack of service from a poor team (which is where he'll probably end up) makes it nigh on impossible. If Leeds or Forest show an interest, go for it. Barnsley or Preston? It's a step backwards for a quick buck.

The extent of Hearts ambition might be only to win a cup, compete in Europe and cement third place but what will Coventry realistically do in the next 3 years? Hope (and potentially fail) to stave off relegation? That's more ambitious?? That's everything wrong with Scottish football.

Nobody mentioned Rangers yet?

I hear that the Queen has requested that her Dublin itinerary is changed so that she can go around to Rooney's family gaff and put in a special request tomorrow.

Nobody mentioned Rangers yet?

I hear that the Queen has requested that her Dublin itinerary is changed so that she can go around to Rooney's family gaff and put in a special request tomorrow.

She went round, had a nice cup of tea and a couple of oatcakes and Irish cheddar followed by a wee snifter of Jamesons. She then spoiled the whole visit by asking that Adam be allowed to play for Rangers because 'their fans love to sing my song'.

Derby and Reading both had scouts at yesterdays game watching Adam .......:thumbdown:

Derby county are interested in Aberdeen's Maguire £7,000 pw, free transfer but will have to pay £400,000 to Aberdeen due to his age and are apparently hot favorites for another striker Nathan Tyson of Nottingham Forrest so the interest has either faded with Rooney or the rams would like him to sit on their bench.

Reading are also a few days away from possible Premier league football and Rooney may be seen as too much of a gamble for the Premier league.

Edited by 12th Man

Would compensation be an issue seeing as he's still under 24?

There was an article a few months ago (the sun?) that implied there would be but I think because of his early days at Stoke and the age he came to us means it's a no I'm afraid.... :ponder:

Caley D provided the regulations on a previous thread....

• 3 weeks later...

Now Crawley Town have expressed interest in signing him, Proctor next??? :tongueincheek:

and according to BBC, you can throw Birmingham into the mix O_o

they also officially "confirm" - in there gossip section - our signing of Tansey.

Going on from my previous Rant, last season we finished 7th, so any team above us is a step up IMHO, and that team has been depleated so an unproven ICT or a top six team from last season or an English Champ team would improve his International chances too. Been that he will be paid more and in a better team....

Anyway, I still want him to stay but Money talks.... Good luck and best wishes whatever he choses..

The BBC are saying Adam Rooney has been linked with Hibs and more bizzarly Crawley Town. I can't see it but I will not be happy if he does go to Crawley.

but they are also saying birmingham...that is a move i could understand....wouldnt like it but i couldnt blame him for wanting to go there...europa league next season

BBC Gossip

You can't blame him for leaving us but I'd be mighty disappointed in him if he goes to Hibs or Crawley.

Surely he's got to capitalise on his success with us by getting a move that is a step up both financially AND in footballing terms. Those are reportedly the only offers on the table at the moment other than ours (and interest from Carlisle came to nothing), and I would imagine that Adam and his agent had been confident of attracting better teams than those.

Hopefully for his sake the rumoured interest of the likes of Birmingham, Reading and Derby comes to something. He deserves a step up, not just a higher salary.

Crawley might be only league 2 but they have alot of money and as has already been said money talks.

Birmingham would be a good move for him though he would struggle for a game with the likes of Marlon King, Cameron Jerome etc.

Latest from Sky Sports, but nothing new really:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have confirmed that striker Adam Rooney is in talks with a number of English clubs.

The 23-year-old is a free agent and Inverness are hoping he will agree to stay for at least another 12 months in the Highlands.

Inverness are now waiting to see whether the former Stoke man will agree to move back to England or not.

"Adam is talking to clubs down south, but he has made it clear that if he can't agree anything then he would be quite keen to come back and sign for us," said Inverness assistant manager Maurice Malpas.

"Adam is looking for certain things, not financially, but professionally, from these clubs, so we are leaving the door open for him if nothing happens in England.

"It's within his rights to speak to clubs, but Adam has been very professional by keeping us informed of what's happening.

"I don't know who he has spoken to or anything like that, but I would imagine it would be clubs in the Championship or at the top end of League One.

"From our perspective, however, the good thing is that he hasn't blown us out the water."

Was having a conversation with a friend and heard that crawley town are interested as craig brewster has gone to them as assistant manager? not sure if that's even true, but i would surely think that rooney won't sign for crawley?