Adam Rooneys Contract

BornCaley

Sorry guys but this is exactly why rumours should not be posted. Everyone gets into a slagging match - already we have someone saying let him go if he doesnt want to be here ! Did Adam actually say he doesnt ? I dont think so ! He is a professional footballer who came from Stoke City ( suppose to be on a loan deal first but neither Stock or Caley could agree with that. He signed on a 3 year deal ( dropping down in wages may I add ) to come to Inverness. He has Im told bought a house and settled in Inverness for the past 2 years so I cant see where Adam has not shown commitment to Inverness or football. Footballers are like any other person in a career - you have to look at the bigger picture - where to do want to go in your career ? how much will you be paid ? the only real difference is there's is a very short career and the lucky one's make big money. Adam is still a contract with Inverness and if he and the club can agree on terms that suit both Im sure he will.

So lets get behind all the players and club and give them our support - roll on Saturday.

As my OP stated, i dislike these kind of rumours. However as i mentioned i heard the rumour so thought it best to inform the hordes on here.

I doubt any ICT fan would state that they really wanted Rooney to leave as he has been nothing but loyal to us. Unfortunately Football is what it is these days and Agents seem to have more power now than they did.

Born Caley--I am consumed with curiosity. What does OP mean?

ODD PHELLOW?

Or are you referring to me.."Old Pensioner?"

Or is it the "Opera Phantom?"

Or "Oprah Phinfry?" --she just had a sneeze.

Or you...the opposite of an "Old Ph.rt?"

Wec arev open for suggestions. It's slow on here tonight. :bullshit:

Sorry guys but this is exactly why rumours should not be posted. Everyone gets into a slagging match - already we have someone saying let him go if he doesnt want to be here ! Did Adam actually say he doesnt ? I dont think so ! He is a professional footballer who came from Stoke City ( suppose to be on a loan deal first but neither Stock or Caley could agree with that. He signed on a 3 year deal ( dropping down in wages may I add ) to come to Inverness. He has Im told bought a house and settled in Inverness for the past 2 years so I cant see where Adam has not shown commitment to Inverness or football. Footballers are like any other person in a career - you have to look at the bigger picture - where to do want to go in your career ? how much will you be paid ? the only real difference is there's is a very short career and the lucky one's make big money. Adam is still a contract with Inverness and if he and the club can agree on terms that suit both Im sure he will.

So lets get behind all the players and club and give them our support - roll on Saturday.

Hello Adam! *Renegade waves at Adam* wave.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

If Rooney were to leave and Tade were to replace him then i would want another striker to come in as well to partner him, someone a bit faster and with an eye for goal. Tade would be an effective outlet but he hasnt hit double figures for goals yet in his 2 seasons at Raith.

Again this is pure rumour and might be rubbish, hence the reason i'm putting it here. I've heard he's only verbally been offered a contract. Nothing in paper has been put to him or his agent. Which is possibly true as no-one has signed new contracts yet....but if it is true the further rumour is the offer was rejected almost immediatley!

If as the press suggest Hearts are interested in Rooney, then he will probably go there - fact is he will leave for a bigger club and more money - if he is ambitious. The only factor in our favour is that since the turn of the year he along with much of the team has gone off the boil and the performances less consistent, which may mean he has less options than perhaps were touted in January?

Chances are if he hasnt signed by now its because he is assessing his options - perhaps he hass a mantal list of the clubs & level he wants to be at? Where if no offer is made by a certain point he will stay - but I very much feel that staying will be a secondary choice now.

What does 'pointless' mean anyway in this case? Sure, the SPL isn't as good as many of the big leagues of Europe but I'd rather watch Aberdeen v Hibs than Real Sociedad v Alicante. I'm sure Austrians probably prefer to watch their league over Holland's. If it was just about entertainment or success, most clubs would go under, including ICT.

Besides which, I quite fancy Hearts to challenge next year given a little input and Rangers struggling.

What does 'pointless' mean anyway in this case? Sure, the SPL isn't as good as many of the big leagues of Europe but I'd rather watch Aberdeen v Hibs than Real Sociedad v Alicante. I'm sure Austrians probably prefer to watch their league over Holland's. If it was just about entertainment or success, most clubs would go under, including ICT.

Besides which, I quite fancy Hearts to challenge next year given a little input and Rangers struggling.

What is the point in a league?

I suspect Rooney will go in the summer, but he certainly has not done himself any favours with his dearth of goals since Xmas. In fact, ignoring his penalties his goal record all season is no better than average. So I think he'll do well to end up with a bigger Scottish club but on nowhere near as good a deal as he might have been able to negotiate before the January window, with an English Championship or Div 1 side, or even a foreign club.

• Agree 1

A league generally involves a setup where everyone plays everyone else an equal number of times and the final order is determined by points won....with that in mind, do we really qualify as a league?

Good point. Another point of a league would be to provide competition, but how much competition, i'm not sure.

When I said pointless, I meant what is the point in competeing. 1 of 2 teams will win the league between now and doomsday! There is little to no competition to them. Maybe in a 1 off game you might beat them, but over a season not a chance! Its no wonder so many fans in Scotland have drifted away from the games, even the old firm fans can't seem to fill up there grounds for home games. It says something when they're bored from routine wins all the time!

So for Rooney to go to Hearts, why? Extra Money? If thats the case he should go to England or Switzerland or Russia or wherever, becasue he will get more money and a much better chance to win something than staying in Scotland at a different club. Unless of course the grusome twosome come in for him!