Shimmering upon accessing a tyopic

Scarlet Pimple

When I open up a Topic I get immediate excessive violent shimmering of the thread title with the numbers attached as soon as I place the mouse pointer on the thread number. It does seem to settle down but will continue for a few moments--the whole title of the thread will shimmer like crazy.

Is that the site or my beloved problematic Internet Explorer 8.

If I switch to Firefox or Chrome do you think that this will disappear?

If so, which of these two would you think is best? --Chrome is blowing their horn about being faster and this is good for me but does faster mean more effcient and stable?

Input would be appreciated.... :tongueincheek:

Wow , people still use Internet explorer :amazed:

Yes... your point is?

the same thing happens on firefox...

I have had the same wee glitch when trying to open up the matchday thread, the no 5 (page) shakes like feck. i had to open page 3 and click forward.

Edited by caley100

I can replicate it. It's not so much a shimmering as the moving of content to another line.

It happens on thread list page with threads which have a slightly longer title (Matchday thread) which, when you hover over them and get the extra options showing, becomes too long for the line and automatically breaks it onto the next line. Unless you have a very steady hand then when the options disappear it then fits the line again and jumps back to one line as you move over it. The result is a the title looks like it's having a fit and you can struggle to click on the page you want when there's several pages to a thread.

Does it on my laptop but not on the desktop with the larger screen as it offers more width so doesn't need to split content onto a second line. Does it on all browsers, but isn't so bad/violent on Firefox and Chrome.

I've never thought of it as a problem as the system directs me to the last point in the thread that I read when I click the main title anyway, so I seldom have need to try clicking on the specific page numbers.

Glad it is not IE8 this time.

In any event would you like to comment upon the preferences relating to the use of either Chrome or Firefox?

Do you prefer one to the other and, if so, why?

Also, I assume you would recommend ditching IE8--for me it seems as if I have had lots of issues with IE 8 after I was forced to download it?

Oh, by the way, when I go to IE8's Favorites list on the top left of its webpage,the 3 yellow folders that are placed there (at the top left of the list of urls) well, when I go over them with the mouse pointerit freezes or moves very slowly like a snail. To be frank,trying to open them is hopeless.....virtually cannot do it. Now I feel that is an IE8 issue.

Anyone else have this amazing issue?

Appreciate ANY explanation that is rational. Smile. :doh:

Chas

Are you on the same frequency let alone thread?

Caley D--great idea . Of course I was thinking the same thing but was waiting for the top dogs to start it Whistle . Whistle

However--I WILL SETTLE FOR A REPLY ON YOUR SUCCINCT THOUGHTS; USUALLY "I WOULD NOT TOUCH IT WITH A BARGEPOLE" or

" to be brutally frank, I LOVE it." -- or something like that .

In desperation for a cogent reply, may the old coger ask, Don, .... If I.E.8 had chrome on the outside would you go for it and if you saw a Foxy Lady on Fire would you rush to save her with arms outstretched, a la "Heathcliff, Heathcliff, come and save me from a fate worse than death", so you could Explorer.

:nanananana: