The Ryder Cup

tm4tj

I have just heard some plonker from the Ryder Cup committee trying to justify the decision not to let the public in tomorrow to watch the singles. It is going to be restricted only to people who have tickets for today. Not only that, ticket holders who can't go tomorrow can't even transfer their tickets to someone else.

I for one would have gone tomorrow (I'm only a couple of hours away). The organisers, through their intransigence have missed a golden opportunity to have a full house tomorrow cheering on Europe to victory (hopefully). Instead they would rather it be a damp squib in front of only a few thousand supporters. Unbelievable!

It is pretty strange. I understand why they're letting Sunday ticket holders in, as they bought tickets for the climax. But as many won't be able to go on Monday it would have been good if those Friday ticket holders who could make it tomorrow could be let in. I suspect the organisers simply hadn't thought the extra day would happen, didn't make any plans, and now the shortage of time means it's too difficult to arrange without potentially causing chaos at the gate.

It is pretty strange. I understand why they're letting Sunday ticket holders in, as they bought tickets for the climax. But as many won't be able to go on Monday it would have been good if those Friday ticket holders who could make it tomorrow could be let in. I suspect the organisers simply hadn't thought the extra day would happen, didn't make any plans, and now the shortage of time means it's too difficult to arrange without potentially causing chaos at the gate.

When the event was planned monday play was not envisaged so no plans were put in place for security, refreshments, ticketing etc. Limited resources were made available but numbers had to be kept down. To be fair I think the organisers done very well to be able to extend the match to monday.