TV analogue/digital changeover

Johnboy

Anyone else having problems with Freeview TV?

I've lost BBC1 and BBC2 - all other channels seem to be ok. Have tried accessing the installation from new menu, and gone through the whole re-tuning process. Still the same... no Beeb1 or 2.

:ponder:

I've lost BBC1 and BBC2 - all other channels seem to be ok. Have tried accessing the installation from new menu, and gone through the whole re-tuning process. Still the same... no Beeb1 or 2.

I had the same thing in Stonehaven - was done in 2 stages, lost most BBC first time around and then everything when completed. Was told might need new arial, thought aye-that'll-be-right and went and bought a new digibox for ?25 - worked fine. What it did first though was to say it had an arial overload, and since I had been using a booster I disconnected it and put the arial directly into the box.

So, long story short, if you are using a signal booster then try plugging in direct. If that doesn't work, consider buying a cheap replacement digibox.

i had the same thing happen to me last night and today. Just did a full scan for channels and all channels are now back.

I've got them back on now, but they were definitely "off air" for most of this morning. I tried re-tuning several times without success, and it wasn't until around 1pm they finally appeared.

Also spoke to H/Dee about this and he informs me that the changeover from analogue to digital is done over two stages - today, and on the 20th of this month. Freeview sets will probably require re-tuning on that date as well.