Merged: Tommy Cumming - Award

CaleyD

Just want to be the first to congratulate Tommy on winning Scottish Groundsman of the Year.He received the award today from the Institute of Groundsmanship. So please leave a pint behind the bar for Tommy on Saturday!

Just want to be the first to congratulate Tommy on winning Scottish Groundsman of the Year.

missed it by about an hour .....

but indeed, well done to Tommy, its been deserved for a long time.

?Every blade of grass has its angel that bends over it and whispers, 'Grow, grow.'? - Talmud

God, I can push the grass apart and lay my finger on Thy heart.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Each blade of grass has its penalty spot on the pitch from whence it draws its life, its strength; and so is the old fecker rooted to the team from which he draws his faith, together with his life.

MR TOMMY CUMMING :thumbup:

• Agree 1

The park is always in excellent condition.

Well deserved award.

Congratulations Tommy :twothumbsup:

I agree i don't think i can remember ever seeing the playing surface in a poor condition

In fact it must be one of the best in the SPL

How long has Tommy been the groundsman?

Dougal

The park is always in excellent condition.

Well deserved award.

Congratulations Tommy :twothumbsup:

I agree i don't think i can remember ever seeing the playing surface in a poor condition

In fact it must be one of the best in the SPL

How long has Tommy been the groundsman?

Dougal

Tommy has been ICTs groundsman since the clubs birth. And before that, he was the mighty Caledonian Fc Gorundsman, certainly as far back as i can remember.

My question is thus...anyone know how long Tommy has been serving football in Inverness, including Caledonian FC and ICT? If all else fails...i will go and pester his son for the answer on Facebook :P

Actually...i might have unknowingly told a wee porky pie there. Am I right in Saying Roy Lobban was the groundsman before Tommy? If not, what was Roys job at Caley Park? If all else fails....i will go and pester ROYS son...who is ALSO on my facebook :lol:

http://www.pitchcare.com/magazine/groundsman-of-the-year-sports-award-winning-fertiliser.html

Tommy's secret is, according to the sponsors, 'Entrance R' the magic fertiliser that wins the groundsman awards but cannot help the team win SPL home games. When asked about this phenomenon Tommy indicated home players are put off Entrance R's although felt it helped them beat the Sheep.

Tommy has since his award decided to treat the pitch with 'Rooney Essonce' the new winning formula that will be tested against Hibernian next Saturday. Rooney Essonce was successfully tested on paddy fields and Tommy believes it is the ideal base for a Highland fortress. Well known football manager Fergus O'Alex is quoted as saying ''Rooney Essence'will unite ICT players, fans, management and groundsman to stop the Hibernian charge. After that, take a bit to Parkhead and secretly sprinkle some on the penalty spot.'