ICT City Centre Shop

dougal

I find it unbelievable that we dont' have an ICT shop in the city centre!!

Think of the extra income this would generate to the club

Yes i know there is that decrepit portacabin outside the main stand but it hardly entices punters to enter, other than match days its unlikely they see a soul for the other six days off the week

Both the old firm are giving it a big GIRUY to us by selling their merchandise in our city while we sit back and do nothing

I'm not talking about opening a superstore or anything but a small outlet maybe similar to the size of the Celtic shop

Thoughts?

Dougal

• Disagree 6

Would be good. But ain't going to happen mate

Just sit back and wait for everyone to tell you this has been talked to death and you sould check past topics

Its ok i'm pretty thick skinned i'm used to getting abuse already by the clique

Can you provide a link to previous thread Doresboy?

Thanks

Dougal

ICT had a concession in zoo in the eastgate centre a few years back. i think there was one in debenhams as well, but after relegation they disappeared. don't know why they haven't re-opened though.

have to say though, that it is good to see more and more caley jags shirts about the town. who knows? with a small outlet in the city centre, we might convert a few more locals to the cause. :ictscarf:

In an ideal world I think ICT would love to have a shop in the town but I dont think that there is enough volume of sales to warrant it.

Can anyone tell me if other SPL clubs with the same size of support have footy shops in their town or is it mainly club based.

One thing that the club should be doing though is getting their online shop up and running especially with christmas looming.

I dont understand why they dont just give 5% off(on top of 10% off for st holders) at the club shop during November,there isnt as much cash out there of late and at least the item is in the bag instead of still on the shopping list for christmas, I'm sure Santa would like a 5% discount too.

<<yawn>>

Are you a virus dougal. There are nearly as many topics on this as there are on .........

Stadium site

Merger

Sack the manager

Crowd Noise

Sweety Rustlers

The Name of the Club

Away Fans

Mike Smith

etc

etc

etc

ditto

ditto

ditto

New Songs

and on and on and on

But if it makes you happy, you stick with your clique

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

BACK ON TOPIC..........Not only would any potential shop probably have low sales volumes....ICT doesnt actually have enough different merchandise to warrant an actual shop (to my knowledge)

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

BACK ON TOPIC..........Not only would any potential shop probably have low sales volumes....ICT doesnt actually have enough different merchandise to warrant an actual shop (to my knowledge)

Thanks for a sensible answer Smee

Hence why i started the other thread regarding merchandise, it seems the club are sadly lacking in this department :frown:

<<yawn>>

Are you a virus dougal. There are nearly as many topics on this as there are on .........

Stadium site

Merger

Sack the manager

Crowd Noise

Sweety Rustlers

The Name of the Club

Away Fans

Mike Smith

etc

etc

etc

ditto

ditto

ditto

New Songs

and on and on and on

But if it makes you happy, you stick with your clique

I looked at the number of Dougals posts and seeing as its sitting at around 25 I thought it was a reasonable enough question, If it was a lot more then someone would be taking the wee wee.

Dougal do you have nightmares at night and then post crap the next day

Apart from the Glasgow twins and Hearts there are no other teams in Scotland who have city centre shops. Falkirk tried it and that failed. We tried partnerships and these failed. People will not pay over the odds for goods so paying the cost of outlets, rent, rates, staff etc cannot be recovered within nthe price of the goods. Within the UK there are no more than about ten clubs who can justify such an enterprise and even they are struggling in the current climate.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

It doesn't take the brains of Albert Einstein to work out that either

1. Dougal is clueless
  2. Dougal is a merger refusenik who is passing himself off as a poor English sod who thinks he can do a better job than the yokels, whilst attempting to wind up said yokels as much as possible.
  • Agree 2

Dougal do you have nightmares at night and then post crap the next day

Apart from the Glasgow twins and Hearts there are no other teams in Scotland who have city centre shops. Falkirk tried it and that failed. We tried partnerships and these failed. People will not pay over the odds for goods so paying the cost of outlets, rent, rates, staff etc cannot be recovered within nthe price of the goods. Within the UK there are no more than about ten clubs who can justify such an enterprise and even they are struggling in the current climate.

Aberdeen have a city centre club shop on Bridge Street , maybe you should do a little research before accusing other posters of posting crap !!!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

My research tells me they shut it down.

Unless they forgot to take all the merchandise out of the shop window then I would say that it is still open, I walked passed it a couple of weeks ago and Caleyjag walks passed it everyday and the shop is full of their stuff.

I find it unbelievable that we dont' have an ICT shop in the city centre!!

Think of the extra income this would generate to the club

Yes i know there is that decrepit portacabin outside the main stand but it hardly entices punters to enter, other than match days its unlikely they see a soul for the other six days off the week

Both the old firm are giving it a big GIRUY to us by selling their merchandise in our city while we sit back and do nothing

I'm not talking about opening a superstore or anything but a small outlet maybe similar to the size of the Celtic shop

Thoughts?

The simple fact of the matter is that ICT do not sell enough merchandise to cover the cost of physical shop. A physical shop would have heating bills, lighting bills, business rates/taxes, staff costs and all sorts of other stuff ..... we do not make enough on merchandise sales to cover it.

As for the joint ventures - and I am speculating here based on what happened with the online shop - the club would agree to pay commission to each of those outlets as part of each sale. The commission comes straight off the gross profit and in some cases might mean we are selling at break even cost or even below cost. I am guessing that one of two things were happening ... If the profit margins were being cut by commission then the club would not be motivated to stock the shop, alternatively, for the retailer, if the shop concession wasnt selling enough and generating traffic and/or income then they might think the space could be filled with something that could.

What I do find crazy though is that local sports shops - even if they are part of a national chain - cannot or will not stock the strips at the very least. They should do this for local teams in all cities.

I also wonder whether ICT with a more mainstream strip manufacturer (eg Adidas / Nike etc) would have more clout in getting the strip into sports shops.

Following on from Scotty's post above, I wonder why the club doesn't go in to some kind of deal with Tesco to have ICT merchandise sold in their stores in Inverness. Tesco deal with local suppliers - if customers request certain products. Inverness is Tescotown after all.

Edited by Top Six Next Year