Site Performance - Poll

Scotty

Site Performance  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Does the site seem quicker to you since the move last week ?

• Yes - superfast now
    • Yes - a bit faster
    • Not Sure - About the Same
    • No - a bit slower
    • No - like molasses
  2. 2. Have you encountered any '500 internal server errors' since the move ?

• Yes - frequently
    • Yes - a few times
    • Not sure
    • No
  3. 3. Please look at bottom right of page. Beside the clock is a page load time. What is yours ?

• 0.00 - 0.20
    • 0.21 - 0.40
    • 0.41 - 0.60
    • 0.61 - 0.80
    • 0.81 - 1.00
    • 1.00 - 1.99
    • 2.00 - 2.99
    • 3.00 or higher
  4. 4. Have you encountered any page load errors in other parts of the site since the move. (Click all that apply)

• Main Site - articles/previews etc
    • Stats Pages
    • League Table Page
    • SPL Prediction League Page
    • None - everything loads, its great !!!!

OK folks

now that things have died down since we moved to our shiny bright new host and away from NightmareHost we wanted to get an idea how it the site has been performing for YOU .....

We know from our own tests that the site seems quicker. On the admin side of things which was very slow before its now like a rocket pack has been attached, and the site in general on my PC (both home and work) is superfast most times, but the proof of the pudding is, as they say, in the eating .....

So we would ask you to take a minute to answer the questions above truthfully so we can gauge how much of an improvement changing hosts has been. Please base you answers ONLY on performance from Saturday morning onwards ... before that we were in transition between the old host and new host so there were a few issues.

Thanks for your time.

I use my HTC to view the site most of the time and find nothing wrong with the mobile site side of things now, before on the other host it was at times a hit or a miss. Good work Scotty and your team.

I did have a couple of errors early doors. It may have been because you were still ironing out some issues, but the site has been steady Sunday/Monday.

I don't think I have any issues with it. I have site speed about the same on a good day, but definitely much quicker than the last few weeks of the previous host.

Thanks for all the hard work that has gone in to making the site what it is today. :twothumbsup:

yeah - that was me, sorry !!!

There was a maintenance release of the forum software this morning and as we normally do, we applied it immediately.

One of the 'hooks' that displays information on the front page of the site (Top Posters) seems to not like the new release and causes that error ... I disabled it then tried a couple of things, then re-enabled it again and got the same error. I have disabled it again and promise to leave it alone for now .... will do some digging to see if I can find the cause and then try things later when the board is quieter.