Matchnight Thread: Aberdeen -V- ICT

Scotty

A great three points, but I can feel a twinge of sympathy for the Dons after that weekend. They had the chances, more than us, but just couldn't convert them. A draw would have been fair enough, but we got more luck than them. A lot of people shouting at the end. Will be McGhee be offered the pearl-handled revolver, or will they let him fall on his sword at Ibrox?

Edited by The Long Man

and the undefeated away record continues ..............

It would be bloody typical if that bunch of Lanarkshire clownshoes ended it on Saturday. Hope we can at least extend it till Celtic Park - think that would make it 52 weeks exactly.

Watching online tonight I was really frustrated by how careless we were for a lot of that, because we could really have turned the screw on Aberdeen otherwise, but to be fair, Aberdeen fought really well until we went ahead again. Great containing football from us in the last ten minutes to see the result home.

• Agree 1

and the undefeated away record continues ..............

It would be bloody typical if that bunch of Lanarkshire clownshoes ended it on Saturday. Hope we can at least extend it till Celtic Park - think that would make it 52 weeks exactly.

Watching online tonight I was really frustrated by how careless we were for a lot of that, because we could really have turned the screw on Aberdeen otherwise, but to be fair, Aberdeen fought really well until we went ahead again. Great containing football from us in the last ten minutes to see the result home.

You know Mary was thinking the same thing. I dislike Hamilton lots as I dont like the negative cynical football they play. Would so like to go the yr. Please.

is anyone listening to the guff from Mcgee in his post match interview..."He's no fit, He's out, He's injured, ive only got kids for the Rangers game " blah blah blah...god knows why he named Henrik Larsson. He's a muppet

Face it...They're not famous anymore!

Edited by BornCaley
  • Agree 1

Not long back from the game and finally I've thawed out but got no voice left lol

Great away win when personally I don't think we played our best but a very solid dogged performance by everyone getting stuck in when needed. Esson's save in the first half was fantastic and the penalty was one of those that you can see why it was given if you're the team it's for but livid if it's against you but who cares haha.

I do think though we missed the influence of Duncan in the middle just to put his foot on the ball and slow things down a bit and pass it about as we lumped it forward to Rooney an awful lot.

On the whole absolutely delighted with the win and so many positives from it, still things to be worked on but very encouraging that while not playing to our best we can still get great away wins :ictscarf:

Final thought goes to the Aberdeen fan behind the goal who got pelted by the ball when the players were warming up, bet that tea was hot :rotflmao:

Edited by MrCaleyjag

Boo! Poor show! Bet they were dons fans though or feckin G4S ppl! See G4S have been given all the Job centre contracts! Laughable! If the job centre stopped screwing people about they wouldn't need security!

Well said Mr Caleyjag! I have a feeling we hit the dons when they were down but that said our away record is ace anyway so it might be worth bringing it home too. Not quite sure what's going on at home but hey if we romp our away games like tonight who cares!

Edited by Theweescot

Mark McGhee wants us to "look at the squad we've got at the moment and give us some credit for the situation that we are in."

Credit? The situation is they got hammered by their biggest margin ever, beaten by the bottom club, scraped through in the cup against lower league opposition and got beaten at home by the supposedly inferior team in the North. That's not to mention some p!ss-poor buys (only Hartley can really be considered a success) and picking up a paltry four points from 30.

Slagging off his players didn't do much good last year and I don't expect it to do much better this. I'd say have some modesty but maybe I'd be talking to the wrong man...

Mark McGhee wants us to "look at the squad we've got at the moment and give us some credit for the situation that we are in."

Of course we have no injury worries either Mr McGoo !!!! Dont let the door hit you on the way out numb-nuts

• Agree 2