Danni Sanchez

caleyrule

I dunno. Not so much him doing wrong as everyone else doing right. Had he not been injured, I'm sure he would have got the nod ahead of Nick Ross, maybe even Odi, when Hayes and Foran were out. Both H & F pick themselves if fit, whilst Ross and Odi have surprised almost everyone with how they've done. Who would be dropped out of that lot?

Maybe with Foran struggling, now's the time to give Danni a go.

As far as i'm aware he's been fit for months now - he's certainly been taking his place on the bench most weeks. As Div1309 says, he came off the bench at Easter Road and won the penalty but he hasn't featured since. The form of Nick Ross has been a real killer for Dani as he now finds himself 3rd choice behind Nick and Eric for the position of weedy floater behind the striker. We can't afford to have more than one of them on the pitch in such a physical league. He may get his chance later in the season. We certainly shouldn't let him go while our squad is so small.

• Agree 1

With Foran playing a more central role now, this will be keeping Sanchez out of the team. Plus with younger players like, morrison fighting for a starting 11 place, and Eric this will not be help his cause. Whenever Sanchez comes on, he normally isnt very effective, but when Eric comes on the team seem to get a lift.. Like against Rangers Eric scored within minutes of coming on. I really don't rate Sanchez very highly, I think he hasnt really adapted to the scottish game and would be better off somewhere else.

Sanchez is a talented player and I'm glad he's in our squad.

You find that when a team is performing well things don't get changed around so quickly and so

Dani will need to wait for his chance to impress.

I believe he's quite happy with the situation - and with injuries and suspensions it's only a matter of time

before he gets his opportunity to shine.

He helped earn a point at Hibs when he came on as a sub but since then has become a permanent bench warmer which is ashame, but i think he should get more time from the bench.

With Foran and Sutherland potentially out next week he may get a chance.

He has been unlucky with the timing of his injury but I still feel he should be used more frequently by Butcher as a sub (especially at home)! He did miss a lot of chances in SFL but he's very creative and will add a bit in the last 20 minutes of games. I like him as a player!

We really need the SPL reserve league reinstated to give players some match practice. If players are not getting any competetive games at all there is little incentive to stay. I am sure many would rather be playing reserve team football in the Championship than be in a SPL squad and getting no games at all. Its the same for all the teams, of course so we are not disadvantaged in that respect, but I can't see the current situation helps Scottish clubs to be competetive in Europe.

• Agree 1

With such a small first team squad we can't afford to let anyone go in January, at least not without bringing in a suitable replacement. The squad may be small but we shouldn't panic buy just to increase squad size. Sanchez will hopefully get a chance this season, but even if not, he is still an adequate bench warmer, as harsh as that sounds, while hopefully still getting off the bench every now and then.

Edited by SotonCaleyFan
  • Agree 1