Our Prayers Could be Answered

tm4tj

If the Scottish Refs decide to withdraw their labour/strike then I wouldn't go to the game if it was officiated by a foreign Ref.

I really dislike the way the football has gone in recent years and the flooding of the game with huge amounts of money resulting in massive wages and enormous ticket prices has, for me, hugely eroded what football, and sport in general, is all about. If the referees striking can bring a little bit of respect and perspective back into the game then that is well worth supporting and missing a game for.

To bring in foreign referees would totally undermine the officials in this country at a time when the SFA should be trying to offer more, not less, support. It really could cause irreparable damage.

• Agree 1

Oh I'd rather be a picket than a scab

Oh I'd rather be a picket than a scab

Oh I'd rather be a picket

Rather be a picket

Rather be a picket than a scab

I hear the SFA are finding it hard to get foreign ref's to cross the 'picket line' - have they tried phoning the Nottinghamshire FA?

They're not technically on a strike. They're not employed by any organisation. Scottish cat 1 referees have merely made themselves unavailable. To be honest I think it may be a blessing in disgusie if the games do go ahead. I think that if officials are brought in they might not be of the same standard as our referees. If the SFA do get refs in and they're not up to the same standard - it might quieten some people down. Our cat 1s have the most stringent fitness tests in the world I believe.

They're not technically on a strike. They're not employed by any organisation. Scottish cat 1 referees have merely made themselves unavailable. To be honest I think it may be a blessing in disgusie if the games do go ahead. I think that if officials are brought in they might not be of the same standard as our referees. If the SFA do get refs in and they're not up to the same standard - it might quieten some people down. Our cat 1s have the most stringent fitness tests in the world I believe.

Aye, imagine some Welsh ref who was due to cover Total Network SOlutions v New Cefn Druids pitching up to Celtic Park?

I don't think McDonald is some sort of blameless martyr but Celtic have really fvcked themselves on this. They apparently want an investigation by UEFA into refereeing in Scotland - there is no way that UEFA would take the side of any individual club over a member association, not in a million years.

Just simply cant believe its Celtic moaning about the decisions given by referees. A member of the Old Firm club feeling badly treated by refs ? Welcome to our World.

Hamilton. Raith Rovers. Hearts Airdrie etc etc......... anyone other than the Old Firm.!

And to listen to Neil Lennon castigating and shouting about liars?

Maybe remind folk back at Ceptic Park about a certain incident when one of our players was red carded following the direct result of a certain player feigning injury, namely an elbow in the face, when it was proved later that he wasnt touched. Went down like he d been shot. What happened to him ? Sqaure root of bu88er all happened to him. Was this lying ? Was this cheating ? Not if they do it perhaps.

Get them down from their moral high ground and take a look at themselves.

And John Reid ? Dinna . Jist dinna .

Thats better.....Rant over.

• Agree 2

I think the refs should have articulated more clearly exactly what point they are trying to make by striking. Have the released an official statement? Is Kenny Clark speaking for them or just mouthing off in his usual manner?

There is a decreasing level of respect being shown to match officials right across society and that is fanned by the remarks emanating from some of the clubs. Essentially [the referees] want to ask that other clubs recognise that some pressure has to be brought to bear, particularly upon Celtic currently, to act in a more responsible manner, to stop fanning the flames of the fans' fury.

The above quote from Clark is pretty straightforward and there isn't much to disagree with, but i'd like to know if that's the official reason for the strike.

Regardless, i certainly won't be attending any match on Saturday that's officiated by a scab ref. I hope to go to Celtic Park on Saturday to see a game handled by Scottish ref who's received sufficient assurances and support from the SFA to feel he can carry out his job properly. If he's developed a grudge against Celtic then all the better. :tongueincheek:

Regardless, i certainly won't be attending any match on Saturday that's officiated by a scab ref. I hope to go to Celtic Park on Saturday to see a game handled by Scottish ref who's received sufficient assurances and support from the SFA to feel he can carry out his job properly. If he's developed a grudge against Celtic then all the better. :tongueincheek:

Imagine it though - the Irish Football Association decide to offer up refs for the SPL and ref for Parkhead is William Boyne, Shankill FA, with a King Billy tat on one arm and '1690' on his right hand knuckles. We win 3-0, two dodgy penalties and a Tokely goal where he punches Mastabatajovic in the face then carries the ball over the line. The ref high fives our players running off the pitch and joins them in throwing Terry Butcher in the bath at full time. Imagine the point-and-laugh potential of it, it would be impossible to have unpished breeks at the hordes of idiots turning purple with apoplexy in the home end.

I am looking forward to it.

• Agree 3

Unfortunately I think that in the long run that this will work against most of the provincial clubs. Sir Alex Ferguson has perfected the " putting the ref under pressure tactic down south " but Neil Lennon has tried to copy this, and for him he is not yet an untouchable god like manager. It raises many debates this.

If say 60% of the scottish population are Old Firm FANS or have a strong incling to either side, that means refs are continually in charge of their favoured team.

As most refs are from the central belt thiswill increase the likely hood of officiating their boyhood team. If their is 80 refs, assistant refs, and 4th officials then around 50 of them will have supported the old firm. As their support is evenly split in Scotland, or Rangers have less as the attract less fans, does this mean Celtic have the majority of the referee supporters. So why do they feel so agrieved.

Over the years of watching football, live and on tv, I have always felt that the old firm get the majority of 50/50 decisions, in games where i have no loyalty ie not involving ICT, and have amused myself when they play each other at their actions when either doesnt get the decisions they want. However I has not gone unnoticed that in the blue corner Mr Smith the current incumbant does not take to ranting too much against referees.

The ref who discoloured the truth should resign or be demoted. End of story. But if refs are to be hung for lying or cheating and being biast, as they have all been labeled by Celtic FC, SHOULD WE TREAT THE PLAYERS THE SAME WAY. One live tv game recently saw the same Celtic player blatantly dive 3 times in the opposition penalty box. He was rightly booked for the first, but the ref ignored the following two. Was the ref biast by not sending him off for a second act of cheating, or is it alright that this player tried to put more pressure on the already under fire refs thinking they would buckle as it was the unfairly treated Celtic FC, which was by the same player who has also said in the media that Celtic dont get decisions because they are one of the biggest teams in the world! What utter utter p1sh.

I fear that Parkhead will become an Old Trafford as far as refs giving the opposition penalties is concerned. How many penalties have Utd had given AGAINST them at home. Refs will be scared to give them at the home of the picked on club. I have always thought that our refs are also far too lenient to the old firm in Scotland. They often seem extremely physical and get away with far less bookings than they deserve. Why oh why when they play in Europe with foreign referees do they all of a sudden get so many players booked and lose more penalties etc. Maybe it because the ref has absolutely no bias whatsoever.

I wonder how many titles would change hands between the big two, and cups if all the games going back were reviewed properly. 3 seasons ago Celtic won the league on a catalogue of poor decisions from referees. Nakamura free kick goal v St Mirren, Diamonds Aberdeen equaliser at Parkhead wrongly ruled out in the last minute, 4 points that won the league. Is It not the same refs 3 years on, there were also some wrong decisions at the start of that season I remember going the Celtic way. But hey Rangers get seasons where it goes for them too. Unfortunately it never seems to be our year for these decisions.

So are we going to get an avalanche of decisions going Celtics way, or will refs stop giving them the favour of doubt.

Cant decide if they game goes ahead on Saturday if it would be a good thing for us, or a bad thing. But paranoia will be the state of every decision from the parkhead faithfull at every tackle, every push, every pull and every dive.

Who should be punished for putting us into such a turmoil throughout the game. If I were a Doomhammer or a dirty Stag I wouldnt be too happy with them. Clubs will loose gate money and all the rest as midweek will attract smaller crowds, and hardly any kids. Admitedly Parkhead will lose the greatest amount, but who should be punished. Mr Reid, Mr Lennon, ex players, Mr Hooper, Mark McGhee for his comments after we beat them - about the Parkhead 9-0 ref, the SPL, SFA, Refs Commission.

In an overhaul, the Utd- Celtic ref should be demoted for the rest of the season, Mr Reid, Mr Lennon should both be fined heavily - feeding the paranoia that can potentially spark crowd trouble ( imagine its 0-0 and Shinnie wins a last minute penalty on Saturday ). Celtic should maybe be fined or deducted points, but it cant be anything that effects their fans ( like ground closure for 2 or 3 games ) as they didnt directly cause the histeria and paranoia, but it is most likely they who have been threatening refs, their families and workplaces. Hooper should be warned as I think he is too daft to realise what he was saying. McGhee bidded his time to speak so probably just a warning, but he was more directing his wrath at the pressure celtic put on the ref.

How would the SFA act if this was Caley Thistle or St Johnstone spouting of about refs. We would have been dealt with long before now. The beaks are scared of upsetting Rangers and Celtic, so probably little will be done unfortunately. One rule for them another rule for the rest of us. If they want to get out of scottich football so badly, and the English Premiership wont take them, why dont they go and compete in Ireland where they say they come from. That would extinguish the hate between the Two Ugly Biased Sisters.

• Agree 3

How would the SFA act if this was Caley Thistle or St Johnstone spouting of about refs.

Probably in the same way the beaks (brilliant tabloid word, btw) reacted to Derek Adams' rantings - by banning our managers for a long period. Also, Vladamir Romanov made allegations of bias during his first season in charge at Tynecastle and was fined, presumably John 'Patronising *******' Reid can expect a phone call from Hampden shortly?

I now see why people don't like the red/green dot system. Could who ever red dotted me please explain which part of my post was to your dislike and why. Don't get me wrong. You are perfectly entitled to dis-agree with what I've posted but if you could be man enough to post your reasons then at least it would give me the same opportunity to agree or not with you. I might also be able to explain what ever it was so that you understand where I'm coming from.

Thank you

it wasn't me. i've nothing but respect for what you do.:clapping:

• Agree 1

Unfortunately I think that in the long run that this will work against most of the provincial clubs. Sir Alex Ferguson has perfected the " putting the ref under pressure tactic down south " but Neil Lennon has tried to copy this, and for him he is not yet an untouchable god like manager. It raises many debates this.

If say 60% of the scottish population are Old Firm FANS or have a strong incling to either side, that means refs are continually in charge of their favoured team.

As most refs are from the central belt thiswill increase the likely hood of officiating their boyhood team. If their is 80 refs, assistant refs, and 4th officials then around 50 of them will have supported the old firm. As their support is evenly split in Scotland, or Rangers have less as the attract less fans, does this mean Celtic have the majority of the referee supporters. So why do they feel so agrieved.

Over the years of watching football, live and on tv, I have always felt that the old firm get the majority of 50/50 decisions, in games where i have no loyalty ie not involving ICT, and have amused myself when they play each other at their actions when either doesnt get the decisions they want. However I has not gone unnoticed that in the blue corner Mr Smith the current incumbant does not take to ranting too much against referees.

The ref who discoloured the truth should resign or be demoted. End of story. But if refs are to be hung for lying or cheating and being biast, as they have all been labeled by Celtic FC, SHOULD WE TREAT THE PLAYERS THE SAME WAY. One live tv game recently saw the same Celtic player blatantly dive 3 times in the opposition penalty box. He was rightly booked for the first, but the ref ignored the following two. Was the ref biast by not sending him off for a second act of cheating, or is it alright that this player tried to put more pressure on the already under fire refs thinking they would buckle as it was the unfairly treated Celtic FC, which was by the same player who has also said in the media that Celtic dont get decisions because they are one of the biggest teams in the world! What utter utter p1sh.

I fear that Parkhead will become an Old Trafford as far as refs giving the opposition penalties is concerned. How many penalties have Utd had given AGAINST them at home. Refs will be scared to give them at the home of the picked on club. I have always thought that our refs are also far too lenient to the old firm in Scotland. They often seem extremely physical and get away with far less bookings than they deserve. Why oh why when they play in Europe with foreign referees do they all of a sudden get so many players booked and lose more penalties etc. Maybe it because the ref has absolutely no bias whatsoever.

I wonder how many titles would change hands between the big two, and cups if all the games going back were reviewed properly. 3 seasons ago Celtic won the league on a catalogue of poor decisions from referees. Nakamura free kick goal v St Mirren, Diamonds Aberdeen equaliser at Parkhead wrongly ruled out in the last minute, 4 points that won the league. Is It not the same refs 3 years on, there were also some wrong decisions at the start of that season I remember going the Celtic way. But hey Rangers get seasons where it goes for them too. Unfortunately it never seems to be our year for these decisions.

So are we going to get an avalanche of decisions going Celtics way, or will refs stop giving them the favour of doubt.

Cant decide if they game goes ahead on Saturday if it would be a good thing for us, or a bad thing. But paranoia will be the state of every decision from the parkhead faithfull at every tackle, every push, every pull and every dive.

Who should be punished for putting us into such a turmoil throughout the game. If I were a Doomhammer or a dirty Stag I wouldnt be too happy with them. Clubs will loose gate money and all the rest as midweek will attract smaller crowds, and hardly any kids. Admitedly Parkhead will lose the greatest amount, but who should be punished. Mr Reid, Mr Lennon, ex players, Mr Hooper, Mark McGhee for his comments after we beat them - about the Parkhead 9-0 ref, the SPL, SFA, Refs Commission.

In an overhaul, the Utd- Celtic ref should be demoted for the rest of the season, Mr Reid, Mr Lennon should both be fined heavily - feeding the paranoia that can potentially spark crowd trouble ( imagine its 0-0 and Shinnie wins a last minute penalty on Saturday ). Celtic should maybe be fined or deducted points, but it cant be anything that effects their fans ( like ground closure for 2 or 3 games ) as they didnt directly cause the histeria and paranoia, but it is most likely they who have been threatening refs, their families and workplaces. Hooper should be warned as I think he is too daft to realise what he was saying. McGhee bidded his time to speak so probably just a warning, but he was more directing his wrath at the pressure celtic put on the ref.

How would the SFA act if this was Caley Thistle or St Johnstone spouting of about refs. We would have been dealt with long before now. The beaks are scared of upsetting Rangers and Celtic, so probably little will be done unfortunately. One rule for them another rule for the rest of us. If they want to get out of scottich football so badly, and the English Premiership wont take them, why dont they go and compete in Ireland where they say they come from. That would extinguish the hate between the Two Ugly Biased Sisters.

Is this the longest post ever in the history of CTO?

Ok so the refs wont back down and have said they will not officiate on saturday and fair play to them really.

The S.F.A are pressing on with finding refs from elsewhere but is it just me or is this all going to end in tears? With clubs and supporters having so much to organise before the games. They better be bloody sure they can pull this off and get the refs over otherwise games should have been called off today.Personally i doubt they can do it.

Cheers Celtic you Knob jockies