2018 World Cup

Yngwie

We know that every 4 years Scotland suffers a FIFA World Cup disappointment, but in 2010 England trumped us with not one but two failures humiliations.

How can I vote for the FA as "Team of the Year"?

I'm afraid they have not been nominated, but at least they have won the Most Appropriate Acronym of the year award.

David cameron is puting loads off people on the dole and into poverty so thats why they never got the world cup,if Labour was in charge they would have got it

I thought Labour did all that and then the ConDems just added to it? Both as bad as each other and neither to blame for any world cup fail bid for Engerlund.

Fifa have always stated they want to break down frontiers and as much as I wanted England (proximity), The lowlands (schmoke and a pancake/proximity), or Iberia (sun, sea, sand, football...proximity) to win I understand why they went for the Russki's aside from the money on the side they'll have made. They went for South Africa for the same reason. It was a big publicity stunt. Build stadia, roads, infrastructure. Bring money and glamour to a derilict landscape. Put it this way Sepp has got their vote in the upcoming Fifa elections.

Bit of a joke holding it in Qatar though I think. Gonna be mighty hot, even at night and in the morning. Especially in the Summer.

Even the kaiser has stated we should hold it in Jan/Feb but that is a little impracticle me thinks.

Don't think the Yanks should have it anyway, despite their complaining. (Notice both countries with pre existing infrastucture, and who like invading, failed badly) They had one in 94 and it was pretty dire as far as world cups go. Let them wait. Oz was a fair shout. They should be contenders again soon.

As much as I'm not really into the theories of conspiricy it was interesting to see one of Fifa's committee members, who was born in Qatar and supported their bid, earlier this year rule himself out of running for Fifa presidency and deny all rumours of bad blood between him and Sepp. Read into it what you will.:ponder: