IPad

TheKnowledge

Sounds like an iPad problem. I can start/reply/quote posts quite easily on my iPhone

when the text box comes up have you tapped inside it to activate it ? Although the reply box comes up for me, the keyboard doesnt appear until the box is tapped and made active ... this is the way its supposed to work.

I think it is an IPad problem. When I hit add reply, no keyboard comes up, no matter what I do, and this includes shouting. When I hit fast reply, the keyboard comes up, but the cursor jumps out of the text box, and onto the background, and then the IPad goes back to the home screen. However, when I got to use the text box in the search field, its all good.........

Are you using the mobile version of the forum or are you using the IPB app ???

The site is optimised so that smartphone users should get a specially designed forum skin (default - mobile) that cuts down the bits they might not want on a smaller screen ... but I tend to use the InvisionPower app. Its free and should be able to be downloaded via itunes. The bonus is that you can login not only to this site, but also switch to other sites built on the same software - like P&B for example.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know that amongst the wikileaks scandal and Russia winning the world cup bid this probably isn't that important but, I can't add a reply to any topics when using my IPad. Is this an Apple problem, or a CTO problem?

Came across an answer to this when viewing the forum vendors website tonight ....

If you get this problem it is because the RTE (Real time editor) and iPad don't work together. Mobile Safari does not understand the "contentEditable" attribute - which is used to display Rich Text Editors. You need to use Plain Text editor until Apple fixes this.

To make this change .... Go to your user settings (on this board, not the ipad) and turn off (untick) RTE - you should be able to post with your iPad after that. http://community.caleythistleonline.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp

The same should apply to any other device that uses the mobile version of Safari.

• 2 weeks later...

i frequently - as in daily - use the iPhone version of the site and have never had that problem. Are you using the iPhone app or going in via Safari ? If Safari you could try clearing your cache in the iphone settings.

whats to setup ?

you download it ... click + to add a new site and enter the following info ....

Title - Your own description of the site on your phone

URL = http:// community.caleythistleonline.com

User = <your login username>

Password = <your password>

and its done .....

alternatively, look us up in the directory within the app under Travel/Recreation > Sports > We are on the second page ......

The only place I can see that you might have a problem is with your Username. The app requires your login username (as opposed to your display name which can be different) and it may not like the spaces in that as the default board setting on here is to not allow spaces in login names. Quite a few users have spaces in login names because that was ok in the previous board software .....

If you let me know what error you get when trying to sign into the app then I can work with you to resolve it if it is indeed the username issue. You cannot change your login name but we can do this in the back-end of the site via the database.

The app just kept crashing for me on the 3gs. When I use CTO via safari it goes to the mobile version automatically, but will randomly change to the desktop version (is that what you call it?) for one page, and then change back to the mobile version for another. I can still read it all though.