Inverness Citadel ?

Hsquad12

IBM, what makes you think that could be Citadel?  Do you have some other information about the photo?

I have to say that to me they look big, sleek, well-fed, well-groomed - to me they just don't look like a Highland team from, at the latest, the mid 1930s.

Why would Citadel have had a strip with "A" on it?

If this was taken in Inverness, I'd hazard a guess that this is some professional team - maybe an "A" team, possibly not Scottish or even British - up to play an exhibition.  Not sure if these things happened in Citadel's time. 

It was in with my father in laws old photos and his father had played for Citadel although he is not in th photo. I had a look at all his army photos and there is nobody from them in the team so I can't think what other team it might be although as you suggested it might be a national team. 

Thanks for the help and suggestions, I had a look at the tattoos on the original photo using a magnifying glass and then at his old army photos and found the guy rear right in uniform with the same tattoo!  He served in the Seaforth Highlanders from 1947 to 1953 so that will be the time frame and know it is not Citadel. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

I wondered if it was the Seaforths. One or two of them had tattoos suggestive of the Seaforths' stag, but I couldn't quite convince myself.   

Time frame interesting too, because it didn't look pre-WW2. 

Now playing: "Caber Feidh"  ?

Great tune I know it well.  I am better sticking with Transport :smile:

• 3 months later...

Getting back to the Citadel - I know that my mate, Donnie Nelson's (goalkeeper of Dalneigh United) father - Henry Nelson - was goalkeeper for the Citadel, but I do not know in which years. They lived about 5 or 7 Laurel Avenue.

• 3 months later...