What the hell?...

KingBeastie

I wasn't here last week, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that some of our supporters were refused entry to, or thrown out of Celtic Park last week for displaying some kind of Loyalist flag?

I find it a wee bit sinister and disturbing. I'd hate to see ICT or any faction of its support become associated with the kind of sectarian bile that's become synonymous with football in Glasgow for over 100 years.

Edited by Johnboy
  • Agree 2

918 is the train from Inverness to Glasgow on a Saturday. Was it that that flag they took issue with? If it was, that's a disgrace.

Some stewards must be as thick as mince if the loyal caley army flag wasnt allowed in.

Thanks for clearing up the flag info, I didnt realize it was the time the train left to head south.

But what if it isnt on time? how about '918 give or take 5 minutes loyal army'

I wasn't here last week, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that some of our supporters were refused entry to, or thrown out of Celtic Park last week for displaying some kind of Loyalist flag?

I find it a wee bit sinister and disturbing. I'd hate to see ICT or any faction of its support become associated with the kind of sectarian bile that's become synonymous with football in Glasgow for over 100 years.

Are you for real?

I think if you look up the word loyal, then it would say 'being faithful to something'. In this instance ICT. The loyal on the flag has nothing to do with sectarianism, it simply relates to following the team week in week out. Anyone suggesting that it has an affiliation with religion are the real bigots.

And for your information the flag was in the stadium last week, hanging proudly despite attempts by celtic not to allow it

• Agree 2

Just seen this on ebay:

Inverness CT loyal Ulster flag fridge magnet

WTF??? Am I missing something? Who the hell would buy this? Why would someone even make it?

Don't think you are missing something, weren't Caledonian and now ICT known as the Rangers of the North???

I could be wrong but Caley have always played in blue and now predominantly blue in ICT's case

I personally wouldn't purchase this product but i could think of a fair number of posters on this site who definitely would

dougal

• Disagree 5

Just seen this on ebay:

WTF??? Am I missing something? Who the hell would buy this? Why would someone even make it?

Don't think you are missing something, weren't Caledonian and now ICT known as the Rangers of the North???

I could be wrong but Caley have always played in blue and now predominantly blue in ICT's case

I personally wouldn't purchase this product but i could think of a fair number of posters on this site who definitely would

dougal

But the reason that you wouldn't buy it (or any other ICT item...) is the fact you are not a Caley fan...

P.S. Dougal - Can you stop writing your name at the bottom of each post? It clearly tells anyone reading the forum who posted the comment, you have wasted 576 key presses in all the posts you have made.... (Assuming you wrote your name on each of your totally pointless posts.....)

:horseshit:

Don't think you are missing something, weren't Caledonian known as the Rangers of the North???

dougal

So were Elgin depending on who you ask. Mainly because both clubs dominated the trophies.

Obviously with your deep knowledge of North football and culture you knew that already.

However in 17 years I have yet to hear ICT described as the Rangers of the North.

Just seen this on ebay:

dougal

What??!!

So all teams that play in blue are linked with rangers and also all of that religious nonsense now are they?

I've never heard of Caley or ICT having any link to rangers other than both being Scottish clubs so would be interested to know where you got that from?

I've got no time for rangers personally but i even know plenty of their fans that want nothing to do with any of that nonsense.

Does that go for all teams in blue then? What about the Scottish national team?

And while you're explaining where you heard this from you could tell us all who these posters are that you know would want to buy a loyal ulster themed ICT piece of merchandise?

I think you're missing something mate. Possibly a few sandwiches.