Around the world in 80 fans

Tug

as a wee off shoot from hobopete's ace thread how about a wee "map or chart of countries we have managed to take ICT to in one form or another...i.e tops,flags,balls etc

probably not a great idea to post pics as it could make it a bit of a bandwidth stealer though if anyone has the ability to add a map we could tick of then feel free

my list at the moment is

Edmonton.

Tucson

Vegas

Falklands

Iraq

Qatar

Milan

Most of my ICT Travels were in 2006. After a tour of Alamarah, Iraq with the T.A in late 2004 to summer 2005 i managed to save enough money up for some travelling. I Trecked (with the help of trains) along with my ICT top and Kilt from Rome, Pisa, Milan, Venice, Zagreb, Belgrade, Dubrovnik, Budapest, Prague, Warsaw, Berlin, Amerstam, Paris and then back onto Inverness.

Since then i've again taken my ICT top to Basra Iraq from November 06 to May 07 as well as my furthest travels to Calgary in Autumn 2007.

Let me see ...... where have I sported my ICT gear

in Canada ..... Toronto, Niagara Falls, Montreal, Vancouver, Jasper, Edmonton, Calgary & Windsor

in USA .... Buffalo, Detroit, New York, Chicago, Houston, Orlando, Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral, and Inverness, Florida

elsewhere .... Havana, Matanzas, Varadero, Copenhagen, Stockholm and of course various parts of the UK !!!

I think we (myself, Calum and Big Stew) also did our bit in Inverness !!! When the Innes Bar mob were still the Caley Inn Crew, the three of us always kept a spare scarf behind the bar in case one of us forgot theirs or in case it was needed for some reason ... On more than one occasion tourists from various countries who were travelling the canal in boats would find their way to the pub and those who were worthy of it sometimes left with an ICT scarf which one of us would then replace behind the bar next time we went to the Club Shop. so gawd knows in which parts of the world these have ended up.

how about a wee "map or chart of countries we have managed to take ICT to in one form or another...i.e tops,flags,balls etc

<div align="center">

<iframe width="715" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;t=h&amp;source=embed&amp;msa=0&amp;msid=103032136244335260965.000496fb5e1697cd6ba7c&amp;ll=25.165173,-28.125&amp;spn=140.429502,254.53125&amp;z=2&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;t=h&amp;source=embed&amp;msa=0&amp;msid=103032136244335260965.000496fb5e1697cd6ba7c&amp;ll=25.165173,-28.125&amp;spn=140.429502,254.53125&amp;z=2" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">ICT across the world</a> in a larger map</small>

</div>

As noted in the map, let me know your email address, or confirm it is the same as your account on here and I will add you to the map as a collaborator which will allow you to drop pins on it.

Iraq, (umcasa , basra international, alamara, camp dagger and white horse) also shibear n had a kick about there with some friendly POWs in 2003.

Kuwait (Ali al Salem) 2002 Kuwait city 03

Afghanistan 2003/05

Germany RAF Rin d for a five a side comp 2006

Cyprus03 06

Oman 2008

I always have a few ICT tops cos they are easier to wash n quicker to dry than the cotton t shirts they used to issue us. Also I know I miss spelt the places in the middle east n I'm open to correction.

This time next month I will be living in Zambia, and will be spreading the message.

Great stuff. Will you be taking up a missionary position?

Nah, he's a bit old for that lark!

Oh! i dont see Dingwall on that map.. now thats REALLY dangerous!

I left a car pennant in a bar/rest in Marrakech last year.

I know of several different ICT tops and scarves that have made their way to NANORTALIK, in GREENLAND. They have also been worn in Iceland and the Faroes, but mainly winter in Aarhus, north Jutland in Denmark.

Myself, I have worn the colours in Greece, Spain, Paris, Denmark, New Orleans, Las Vegas and Dubai.

I remember dad wore an ict (probably ct actually) shirt at the Rangers supporters bar in Perto Rico (Gran Canaria) in '97 (I think)

I've only been abroard 3 times since and worn my ict shirt(s) at each destination.

- Albufeira, Portugal

- Salou, Spain

- Serigerme, Turkey

Obviously I've worn my ict shirt all over the uk, but it'd take a while to mention everywhere from Weymouth to Thurso.

couple of requests from folk so have opened up the map shown above to all contributors ....

go here: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=h&source=embed&msa=0&msid=103032136244335260965.000496fb5e1697cd6ba7c&ll=25.165173,-28.125&spn=143.382197,270&z=2

and if logged in with a Google account you will be able to 'collaborate'