Ouch!

Yngwie

He's taken the "use your head" instructions a bit too literally!!!

I had a vague recollection that shinty outlawed heading the ball a few years ago.

I think it may have just been "scoring with your head" that was outlawed. Sure we have some players among us who could confirm.

Reminds me of back at Inverness High School (which at the time had a good academic record). We played Shinty as part of PE with a teacher called Robertson (who although small in stature was a big Rugby man). It was mayhem and during our 'game', one of my classmates - Colin McNeill, who designed the Eastgate Centre logo and ended up as a cartoonist for 2000AD - got hit squarely on the nose with the ball. He went to casualty with it still fixed firmly to his beak ...... no more Shinty for us after that !!!!!

Reminds me of back at Inverness High School (which at the time had a good academic record). We played Shinty as part of PE with a teacher called Robertson (who although small in stature was a big Rugby man). It was mayhem and during our 'game', one of my classmates - Colin McNeill, who designed the Eastgate Centre logo and ended up as a cartoonist for 2000AD - got hit squarely on the nose with the ball. He went to casualty with it still fixed firmly to his beak ...... no more Shinty for us after that !!!!!

I'm having some trouble with this. Did the ball stick to his nose? :rotflmao:

Yes it did .... from what I can remember (as none of us really wanted to look), it lodged in the softer part of his nose and the PE teacher and paramedics (I guess they were just called ambulance crew then) got him into the ambulance with him supporting the ball still attached to his face.

It had a happy ending though ..... he came back to school, nose reset, and because he hadnt collapsed in a heap screaming blue murder was forever regarded as hard as nails !

Ouch.. In my youth it was common practice to muck about building sites ( before H &S ) a mate of mine was running through a half built house and stood on a rather long nail sticking out from a plank, nail wnt through baseball boot, through foot and through top of boot, ambulance men cut off most of the plank and wheeched him off to hospital with plank firmly attached to his foot.:unsure: j