ICT supporters

Doofer

I don't support my team by slagging them off

I'll say again, 1 guy reacted badly after someone he didn't know decided to make something out of a nothing remark. Some of what was said after was well over the top and he was told that by the rest of us. The only reason I got involved was to prevent the situation getting any worse.

There were 10 of us at the game on Saturday, all ICT supporters and have been since the telford street days. There was nothing but encouragement (and nail biting) from everyone else.

There was just the one lad who had clearly been a tad heavy on the heavy or whatever his tipple was and he let himself, his mates and his team down. I commented on another thread about how good it was to see folk who are new to ICT taking their youngsters to the game and it is precisely this sort of behaviour that will stop people like that coming back.

I understand top six's point that there are more uplifting things to talk about but there are plenty other threads on that. Ironically, it is his very point that makes this thread so valid. On a day when the team completed the quite stunning acheivement of going through 2010 unbeaten away from home in the league, we have someone in our midst who decides to spend his time shouting foul mouthed abuse at Hearts fans and slagging off our highly respected captain, but who doesn't join in the fantastic, almost constant supportive and good humoured chanting that others close by were. I think that is worthy of a thread. If you can't give support to your team on such a historic day then when can you!

Those sitting a little further away would have been excused for thinking it was Neil Lennon sitting there on his day off

10 of us on a stag day... it got messy (ask san miguel & the knowledge).

Abuse at Hearts fans?? they had a red hand of ulster flag on show and deserved all the "abuse" they received.

As for our right to be at the game, or, "these are the supporters we don't need" comments from you and your boy. I'm glad you are taking into context the time's we have followed the team around the country, the season tickets held in our group, when we turned out when it wasn't fashionable to follow ICT in the lower divisions.

I'm all for us encouraging kids going to the game but I fail to see why you think you have any right to decide we aren't the type of the fans the club needs. Especially since it seems you don't have all the facts of the situation and decided to draw your own conclusion from afar.

You've used your 1 game a season quota up early this year son.

and you are?

3rd game of the season and proud of it. I go to the games I can make it to, unfortunately not as many as I'd like. Probably why you haven't seen me posting on here too often recently, does that make me less of a supporter?

Edited by Harry Chibber
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 3

Well it looks as if i have opened a right can of worms witht this one. First of all HC it was not the lads infront that started the exchange of words on saturday, it was your mate the so called "ginger destroyer". Never in my life at a football match have i disliked the person a few seats down from me more. His choice of words were unacceptable and completely distastful and he should have been ejected from the ground IMHO.

As for your remark about the hearts fan with the flag, did it ever cross your mind that he might be northern irish and proud to be? Would i get the same abuse throw my why if i had a welsh flag at a match?

Next time you and your mates go to an inverness game try and support your team. Get behind them and cheer them on, not moan at them and critises.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Well it looks as if i have opened a right can of worms witht this one. First of all HC it was not the lads infront that started the exchange of words on saturday, it was your mate the so called "ginger destroyer". Never in my life at a football match have i disliked the person a few seats down from me more. His choice of words were unacceptable and completely distastful and he should have been ejected from the ground IMHO.

Your first post and this, for the most of it, are inaccurate. He is mouthy, always has been, but didn't kick off until he was getting pulled up for a throw away remark about a miss placed pass.

As for your remark about the hearts fan with the flag, did it ever cross your mind that he might be northern irish and proud to be? Would i get the same abuse throw my why if i had a welsh flag at a match?

No a welsh flag is fine. To be honest I wasn't bothered with the flag but I can understand why others would be.

Next time you and your mates go to an inverness game try and support your team. Get behind them and cheer them on, not moan at them and critises.

Again, you are trying to use a one off incident regarding 2 people to reflect another 9 fans who were sitting enjoying the match and encouraging the team.

Edited by Harry Chibber
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Jeezo, I must have missed all this despite not being far away from this. Doofer, the guy with the flag and his mate were on the wind up. Flagman was just conforming to the "hun lite" stereotypeand the odd surreptitious nazi salute kinda gave it away. I'd suggest that that flag has other, almost universally understood, connotations in the central belt but hey, If you give it, you gotta take it. I don't think that "ten quid in tesco's" was a terrible thing to shout at some rotund ned in a vomit yellow trackie top. We need to chill people, it's that time of year.

• Agree 2

Jeezo, I must have missed all this despite not being far away from this. Doofer, the guy with the flag and his mate were on the wind up. Flagman was just conforming to the "hun lite" stereotypeand the odd surreptitious nazi salute kinda gave it away. I'd suggest that that flag has other, almost universally understood, connotations in the central belt but hey, If you give it, you gotta take it. I don't think that "ten quid in tesco's" was a terrible thing to shout at some rotund ned in a vomit yellow trackie top. We need to chill people, it's that time of year.

Not one person has said it was!!

There is a Northern Ireland hearts supporters club that goes over to every home & most away games.

I wouldn't think for a minute thats who takes the Red Hand to Tynie though..

Ulster Hearts they are called iirc..

Edited by CaleyHE

Too many people within the support always bitching about other supporters and what they are up to,ok the guy doesn't rate Foran he is entitled to his opinion some people like players in different ways

he pays his money for his season ticket or ticket on the day then he is entitled to shout his support or frustrations all he wants.

Some people in the ICT support would be better getting on with watching the game instead of their fellow supporters

Outrageous behaviour calling someone a Donught where will it all end,if it ever gets to people calling players eclairs i'd call the polis!!!

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 2

Too many people within the support always bitching about other supporters and what they are up to,ok the guy doesn't rate Foran he is entitled to his opinion some people like players in different ways

he pays his money for his season ticket or ticket on the day then he is entitled to shout his support or frustrations all he wants.

Some people in the ICT support would be better getting on with watching the game instead of their fellow supporters

Outrageous behaviour calling someone a Donught where will it all end,if it ever gets to people calling players eclairs i'd call the polis!!!

Indeed. Too many folk on here and at the games more concerned with the behaviour of others than the game itself.

Every club has people who follow it who may not be 'PC' if you like. We're no different. I know a few personally who like to shout and swear at games, myself included (although the majority is directed at the ref and the opposing players), it's the norm at games and it isn't going to go away.

If you don't like difference of opinion or shouting and swearing at games, football really isn't for you.

• Agree 1

Indeed. Too many folk on here and at the games more concerned with the behaviour of others than the game itself.

Every club has people who follow it who may not be 'PC' if you like. We're no different. I know a few personally who like to shout and swear at games, myself included (although the majority is directed at the ref and the opposing players), it's the norm at games and it isn't going to go away.

If you don't like difference of opinion or shouting and swearing at games, football really isn't for you.

I couldn't have put it better myself. When i was first taken to the football, it was a lot of what is was about. The working class man letting of some steam after a hard week, if that was by telling a player, he wasn't having the best of games, so be it. It's part & parcel of the game, and it always will be.

The players who played for peanuts got it & took the criticism, surely our overpaid premadonas of the day should be thick skinned enough to handle it.

Same goes with the banter with the away fans, am sure the Jambos who were getting it, were giving it back just as good. That's why they get ST's for that part of the stadium, to banter with away fans. Am sure it entertained their day too. Football has changed some, as a fan, that i can admit, but their is still a bit of the way it was & Tynecastle away is one of the best places to find this..

Edited by CaleyHE

Doughnut, obviously. Far more people die of obesity in this country than HIV, according to my research which was assumed.

I hate folk shouting at the ref but I can't do nothing about it, other than go to watch Glasgow warriors, which is just a step to far.

Your first post and this, for the most of it, are inaccurate. He is mouthy, always has been, but didn't kick off until he was getting pulled up for a throw away remark about a miss placed pass.

No a welsh flag is fine. To be honest I wasn't bothered with the flag but I can understand why others would be.

Again, you are trying to use a one off incident regarding 2 people to reflect another 9 fans who were sitting enjoying the match and encouraging the team.

Well Harry, I would be giving the "2 people" a wee word and give them some sensible advice as they seem to be "tarring" you all with the same brush!

Edited by caleyboy

Clearly anyone dissing Richie Foran is a bit of a doughnut and I wholheartedly congratulate whoever told the ginger whinger to button it. I wish a few more would follow suit and get wired into some of the more emptyheaded amongst our number.

However, what really gets on my goat is folk who come on here b1tching and moaning about other folks' behaviour but don't have the front to pull the protagonist up about it at the time.

HIV Capital chant well past its sell by date.

Jambo plastic loyalists beyond parody.

Surely these idiots can be identified. I wasn't at the game but if I was and I new who they were, I would have their names off to Kenny Cameron straight away. Come on someone - do your duty!

Are you sure? I thought I saw someone with a flag which looked a lot like your avatar... redcard.gif

Oh I'm sure all right. My avatar is the US State of Florida! :ictscarf:

To the OP; if you're unhappy with the conduct of a fan have a quiet word with them at half time. Please don't come on here and start on about it days after the event from behind a faceless avatar. On a much brighter note being told by hearts fans all week that "we pumped yous 1-1" has been highly amusing.

Edited by Top Six Next Year
  • Agree 1

Rather sad thread isnt it - and here am poor me with the worst reputation and disciplinary record around. Drunk and Incapable and Drunk and Disorderly(ish), standing up and singing incessantly (including swearing, taunting away supporters - especially when there is a hint of sectarianism), friendly albeit offensive banter withn away supporters are all acceptable terrace behaviours IMHO but - bullying fellow fans (usually younger fans); picking fights within your own group, doing it in the safety of a group behind you; slagging off players or the club are unacceptable ICT behaviours.

And sorry but carrying it on here - there is a PM system - and calling for a club employee to be informed to sort it out - that is Kindergarten.

• Agree 4

Rather sad thread isnt it - and here am poor me with the worst reputation and disciplinary record around. Drunk and Incapable and Drunk and Disorderly(ish), standing up and singing incessantly (including swearing, taunting away supporters - especially when there is a hint of sectarianism), friendly albeit offensive banter withn away supporters are all acceptable terrace behaviours IMHO but - bullying fellow fans (usually younger fans); picking fights within your own group, doing it in the safety of a group behind you; slagging off players or the club are unacceptable ICT behaviours.

And sorry but carrying it on here - there is a PM system - and calling for a club employee to be informed to sort it out - that is Kindergarten.

Judging stories when you didn't see an incident?

This guy was not any younger and there was certainly no bullying. A disagreement between 2 people that got out of hand.. I only got involved to stop it escalating to something else.

This has grown legs when it was dealt with at stadium and should have been left there.

- and calling for a club employee to be informed to sort it out - that is Kindergarten

Couldnt agree more mate but just shows what many in the support are like,people complaining about nonsense like this clearly never went football before 1994!!

Most on here couldn't cope with what went on before 1994 and more to the point probably weren't born :hiding:

Judging stories when you didn't see an incident?

This guy was not any younger and there was certainly no bullying. A disagreement between 2 people that got out of hand.. I only got involved to stop it escalating to something else.

This has grown legs when it was dealt with at stadium and should have been left there.

That was a generalised comment Hairy - not a reflection on what did or didnt happen - but it has happened before and may happen again. Send the ginger nut fer Anger Management with a professional :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Agree wholly with the last line though.