Ryan Esson Ibrox bound?

Johnboy

Hearing from a friend of a friend of Ally McCoist that Rangers are resigned to losing Allan McGregor in the January window to the Premiership. They are asking for, and are expecting to receive around 6 Million for him.

They still have a decent keeper on their books in Neil Alexander, but they will need back up and could very well come sniffing around here looking at one of the best keepers in the SPL. I suspect they would see Esson as a direct replacement for McGregor.

I'd hate to see Ryan leave, but we do have a first class ready made replacement in John Tuffey.

Could be a good bit of business for ICT - how much should they ask for Esson?

I'd hate to see Ryan leave, but we do have a first class ready made replacement in John Tuffey.

Could be a good bit of business for ICT - how much should they ask for Esson?

Likewise, I don't want Esson to go, but the 'good business' argument carries some weight. Esson is probably the second best keeper in Scotland right now. If McGregor is worth six million, surely Esson is worth at least one million.

I'd have thought Cammy Bell would be a better prospect. Still very young for a GK. Possibly now Scotland's third-choice. Lives just down the road. Probably on less than Esson given that he's not long become a first-team regular. How much Killie would want for him, I've no idea.

I think he's an immense prospect, so I'd hope he wouldn't go - or only go if he was given a first pick guarantee. I could well see him challenging for Scotland #1 in 5 years time if he plays his cards right.

Edited by starchief

Macgregor likes being a big fish in a small pond. And he's a Hun through and through. I don't think he'll leave ibrox.

I understand it's almost a done deal and it looks like he is Manchester bound. Rangers are seriously cash strapped and will be forced to let him go.

See here.

If I was Walter, Esson's the man I'd want to replace him. Whatever happens there is bound to be a goalkeeper re-shuffle in Scotland.

Can Caley afford to keep two top class keepers on their books?

Macgregor likes being a big fish in a small pond. And he's a Hun through and through. I don't think he'll leave ibrox.

I understand it's almost a done deal and it looks like he is Manchester bound. Rangers are seriously cash strapped and will be forced to let him go.

See here.

If I was Walter, Esson's the man I'd want to replace him. Whatever happens there is bound to be a goalkeeper re-shuffle in Scotland.

We can afford to keep them both but we can't afford to reject decent offers for either of them. I'd be sad to see him go but it's the nature of the game that we lose our better players to better bigger richer other teams

See here.

The article you linked to is nearly 2 months old ! Macgregor to Man Utd ? I'll believe it when I see it .

See here.

The article you linked to is nearly 2 months old ! Macgregor to Man Utd ? I'll believe it when I see it .

Surely Mcgregor is better than Tomasz Kuszczak, and Van Der Sar is getting on a bit too...

See here.

Not so many years ago you'd have Brown in that statement. Fact is many ICT fans are blinkered and paranoid. Blinkered in that they think our players are the best ever and wanted by every other club. Paranoid that someone would make an offer for any of them. Esson is a good keeper but no better or worse than most in the SPL.

Not so many years ago you'd have Brown in that statement. Fact is many ICT fans are blinkered and paranoid. Blinkered in that they think our players are the best ever and wanted by every other club. Paranoid that someone would make an offer for any of them. Esson is a good keeper but no better or worse than most in the SPL.

No,I wouldn't have had Brown in that statement if he had still been here,and I'm not blinkered or paranoid.

Esson is a far better keeper than Mark Brown and more than capable of taking over from McGregor.

I'm with Alex in most of what he said. There are some ( not you johnboy ) that do have the old blinkers. Brown was good but taken to Celtic to weaken us.. that's was all.

Mcshagger will never go to Man Utd, Fergie isnt that stupid to sign someone whos partying,drinking and in the papers all the time, he will end up at Aston Villa or some mid table team

Didn't Fergie sign Andy Goram on loan a few years ago?