Only an Excuse

Scotty

We dont normally allow football links to be posted but for anyone abroad looking for their fix of OAE and unable to get someone to record it for them for later ...... here is a stream for you that I have discovered.

Thank goodness I loaded up Zattoo early and discovered they no longer have BBC One (Scotland) listed, just BBC One (National) !!!!

http://www.vipstand.net/watch/15356/1/only-an-excuse---hogmany-special-football-live-stream-online.html

I guess OAE needs the same 'makeover' that Scottish Football does ....... pretty sure that many younger folk have no clue who Frank McAvennie or one or two others actually are !

Was very dissaponted that Frank Macavenie only appeared twice :(

Thought it was better than it has been in recent years.

But Macavenie jokes have past their sell by date, maybe using 1 setch of him a year is just about ok. They need to freshen up the characters and make it more relevant to Scottish football today and the year that has past. Macavenie isn't even a Scottish football personality anymore and anyone under 30 probably can't remember him as a footballer anyway!

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

Was very dissaponted that Frank Macavenie only appeared twice :(

Thought it was better than it has been in recent years.

But Macavenie jokes have past their sell by date, maybe using 1 setch of him a year is just about ok. They need to freshen up the characters and make it more relevant to Scottish football today and the year that has past. Macavenie isn't even a Scottish football personality anymore and anyone under 30 probably can't remember him as a footballer anyway!

Speaking on behalf of the younger folk :tongueincheek: Mr CJ and I both turn 30 this year and neither of us remember McAvennie as a footballer but as one of the main characters on OAE. I too was disappointed by it, mainly because we went to see the one man OAE stage show in 2009 by Jonathan Watson and it was hilarious.

Speaking on behalf of the younger folk :tongueincheek: Mr CJ and I both turn 30 this year and neither of us remember McAvennie as a footballer but as one of the main characters on OAE. I too was disappointed by it, mainly because we went to see the one man OAE stage show in 2009 by Jonathan Watson and it was hilarious.

I have just turned 30 and remember McAvennie as a player but only for Celtic in his latter years. I have just watched OAE and got to the Butcher part and turned it off. It was that dire. I suppose the Dingwall clip was funny to someone from Inverness given the rivalry but it was really pish! How poor and overdone is Chick Young now? It's cringeworthy!

The radio show he does is much better than oae. Except from the woman in it - she's annoying.

Fitba' and women don't go together at all. Well maybe at Caley games along with tartan blankets and flasks of soup! :nanananana:

If it wasn't for women the St Johnstone average gate would be around 1500

The radio show he does is much better than oae. Except from the woman in it - she's annoying.

Fitba' and women don't go together at all. Well maybe at Caley games along with tartan blankets and flasks of soup! :nanananana:

If it wasn't for women the St Johnstone average gate would be around 1500

If it wasn't for women, there would be an average higher gate. 2 of my friends don't go anymore because of the constant squealing of silly women who know nothing about the game. St. Johnstone used to have great crowds when it was a rarity to spot a slavering woman at the fitba'.

More women= More pissed off men that can't be doing with them.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1