Why oh why oh why.............?

Naelifts

........can the constabulary and stewards not just f*ck off and leave us alone. This is bullying and harrassment of the lowest order. Does the match commander really think that 300 hardy souls have paid ?20, risked life and limb on Perth,s perilous pavements, and braved the elements to watch 90 minutes of hokum AND be continually pestered to sit down and shut up. Have you nothing better to do? Have you a single ounce of common sense? Do you have any sense of proportion? OR Are you just a bully? Why pick on a couple of young lads following their team;lads with a passion, motivation. Would you rather they were drinking on park benches or aimlessly smashing windows in your town centre...........no chance of ever seeing any police there! If your justification is crowd safety then why not issue your goons with some shovels and clear the bloody pavements around the stadium. You are pathetic. And what happens when the Old filth come calling? You bully boys are nowhere to be seen. You make me sick. Your victimisation of IHE was breathtaking. " The match commander is watching you on TV and says that the next time you are to stand up you will be ejected" Well......the next

time, have the balls to show yourself and explain this face to face. You will find a passionate supporter who enjoys a bit of banter........a (usually) very reasonable guy. You sir, abuse your position; are not fit for purpose; are a disgrace to your profession. You have not got the slightest clue how to maintain public order......your actions on Sunday were more likely to provoke a rebellion than quell one. Or, is that what you wanted. Were you that bored with the game (most of us were) that you thought you would have a bit of fun; Sitting in your ivory tower like the Kommandant in Schindlers List selecting a victim for elimination.

I know this is an on-going and possibly boring topic, and it is one on which I have never felt strong enough to comment. But , today is different. When watching the aforementioned film and reading accounts of similar situations I have always wondered why those "just following orders" did not rail round as one and tell the person issuing the order to "f*ck off. If you want it done....do it yourself". I would like to see that!

Perhaps one day this will happen. Look what a shining light the match commander at Paisley was. What a great day out we had.....absolutely no hassle. Smiles on the faces of stewards and home and away fans. Look at that model and see how it works. As I said..........you Sir....are a disgrace!!!

• Agree 21

Agreed, the policing and stewerds were far too heavy handed at the game. The people that were standing were at the back of the stand it wasn't as if they were obstructing anyones view. Fans pay through the nose to get into games like this (I for one am appauled they had no student discount) and shouldn't have to be abused for their troubles.

Think the match commander should have been more concerned with the dangerous narrow steps to the loos and servery at half time! Everyone was charging downwards at the same time as others going up.Then when speaking to the stewards at half time we were bizarely told we could stand up if we sat down afterwards?

Stewarding not as bad as Hibs though. What I would like is to know from the authorites is why when watching telly games ie the edinburgh derby everyone appears to be standing and large numbers are not picked on it seems?

Brilliant post. Hard to disagree with any of this. Perth does seem to be the worst experience in Scottish fitba' concerning policing and stewarding. I must say that when I have visited your ground I have been treated very fairly. We have had to deal with the over zealous attributes of Perth police for years. Sending a copy of your post to our local paper will achieve nothing though as one poster has asked you to do. There have been many letters sent off throughout the years and even meetings have been held between the club and Tayside police, but sadly to no avail. On a more recent note and contrary to what another forumer has just said I actually found Easter Road to be pleasant and enjoyable. I found that common sense did prevail there.

In fairness the two lads from the police seemed to be fine it was the two twatty stewards that were the problem. In the end they buggered off and we were left alone for most of the second half. Hilarious attempts to get IHE thrown out. In fact the police said to one of the guys they don't have a problem with us standing as they could see we weren't any trouble but they were being made to act by the stewards / match commander.

As Naelifts said, much like the Hibs stewards, these lads will do f'ck all when the Old Firm come. They just want them in and out with the minimum of fuss which means they can do as they please but when a smaller support comes calling then they can go all GI Joe. Pathetic.

Those of us at the back of the next section along stood for the majority of the game with no hassle whatsoever. A Steward did come up towards us near the start of the game, but only seemed interested in having a wee chat and telling us how hard the match commander made their job and being concerned that they would end up having to throw people out for nothing (again).

What was happening over with the rest though was ridiculous, and has already been said, the actions of the Stewards (under orders from above) was more likely to cause problems than prevent them. Again, as has been said, the Stewards need to take responsibility for their own actions. They are (suppose to be) trained and licensed individuals and If they are being asked to perform a task that is blatently out of line with that training, common sense and/or public safety then they have to say "no, I won't do that". What's more, the police, who obviously found the situation equally ridiculous, have to exercise their powers to step in and tell the Stewards to back off where they are obviously creating a situation likely to lead to public disorder or endanger public safety. The whole situation where everyone seems to hide behind someone else and/or they pass off their actions as "only following orders of the match commander" is not acceptable.

There's a small part of me that says we, as fans, need to learn to "play the game" a bit better and do our bit to avoid such confrontation, but that has to be a two way street and yesterday was a situation where it was all going to be one way and their was no sign of compromise or reason in the actions of the Stewards.

I'm still baffled as to what led to the need for 3 or 4 of them to surround IHE in the manner they did....truly bizarre and had it not been for my chants of "you only pick on the old boys" then I think they might have thrown him out :lol:

Our fans are not angels and I have seen behaviour in the past which merited steward/police interjection and people being thrown out, but I witnessed none of that yesterday....certainly not before the stewards started wading in and getting in peoples faces...and in that situation it would be rather naive to think they wouldn't get a bit of the same in return.

I can only presume that the Match Commander may be the same eejit who targetted me at the Arabdome. To be honest the stewards actually looked and sounded embarrassed - they did give me two final warnings after all - and the second one was when I had been sitting doon for ten minutes but stood up to start off a chant. They, to be fair, started off by saying that the Match Commander felt that I was clearly the main person who was inciting the rest of the fans to stand up and sing - they really did appear to appreciate my response that I was simply standing up to support my team and bring some atmosphere to a football match - but again it was on the instructions of the Match Commander - they even advised me that it would be better if I started a song but didnt look at the other supporters :rotflmao: :biggrin: :biggrin:

The coppers clearly told me that he werent bothered at all but he had been instructed by the match commander to maintain a watch on me - and one tapped me on the shoulder and smiled as he trooped off with five minutes to go.

Who exactly is this Match Commander as I would actually wish to write formally to him or his employers. What irritates me more is the way at the beginning that they think that by going in and throwing out random people is a warning to others.

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER