ICT -V- Elgin City : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Almost feel sorry for Elgin not getting a replay. Sounds like the pressure paid off at the death.

So do feckin I - I was beginning to dream about the best midweek away trip EVER and poor Hellgin feck it up in the dying minutes. GAWD DO I FECKIN HATE HELLGIN SHITTTEE.

Well, that was like purgatory.

On the one hand, we utterly dominated, and were pretty much camped around their 18 yard box for the whole second half.

On the other, the fact it took us till injury time to nick it is embarrassing - though not as much as if it had finished 0-0.

Same old problems, to be honest - no-one playing the killer ball. Foran, after a good effort in Perth, was abysmal today and looked in a sulk when he came off. Meanwhile, TB's patience with Odhiambo must be wearing thin; his first touch today was utterly terrible. Ross at least showed some industry and some willing, while Rooney came alive on the rare occasions he got some sort of service. Sutherland and Sanchez both gave us a spark - I was delighted for Danni who surely deserves a chance in the team. It was a sweet, sweet finish for his goal.

We at least dominated in midfield, unlike recent games; I thought Duff was as good as anyone. As for a back four, Shinnie might have been our best player; the others are so lacking in pace its as if they are moving in slow motion. I'm not impressed by Innes at all - he keeps giving the ball away and looks in a panic whenever anyone gets half a yard on him (which is often).

Elgin had one chance in the second half, but really they just set up 2 banks of four and defended for their lives. They looked devastated at the end.

It wasn't pleasant, but job done.

Grim stuff again today but at least we won. Elgin will feel hard done by and I doubt many would have grudged them a replay.

Some really poor performers in our side. Munro & Innes looked like they were running in slow motion at times and their distribution is shocking. S. Duff was hopeless in midfield the 'hilight' of his display was taking a corner and not even getting it on the field of play!!! Foran was pretty insipid and Eric has the close control of a rhino. Ross was probably our MOTM as at least he was heading in the right direction.

Sanchez saved the day in the end. You'd think he'd get a chance now although I'm not that convinced he'll make much of a difference

Hard work being a home supporter of ICT

Edited by kencar

Awful first half, second half marginally better.

How Eric still gets a game is beyond me. Woeful again. And Duff moves like a snail on mogadon in midfield. He seems to need an age on the ball.

Dani has to get more game time. His finish was excellent, and his nod down for the second was perfectly placed.

I dunno if I was disappointed we scored so late on or not, I was quite looking forward to a midweek replay.

Plus points were the youngsters...Ross and Shinnie were both excellent, and I've been impressed with Sutherland every time he's come on.

And a special mention for their keeper, who despite resembling an overfed hippo, pulled off some fantastic saves.

Edited by davieB