Charlie Mulgrew

Kirishima

Seems to have got the media's attention due to famous names associated with the case. One famous person leaving the kid, another famous person calling the police.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-12145642

Not a parent myself, but I wouldn't think I'd leave a baby in a car, especially if both parents are about and can go shopping. Heard one person say Charlie was nipping out of Costco now and again to check - which is hardly the point. The kid was probably sleeping you'd think, but Costco must have been too much of a pull for one to stay behind.

What I cant fathom is where's the cruelty and neglect. A sleeping child in a car. Is it any different to a sleeping child in another room in the house. I've left a child in the car in the past whilst nipping into a shop. I would think it more cruel to waken it up and drag it around the supermarket.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

What I cant fathom is where's the cruelty and neglect. A sleeping child in a car. Is it any different to a sleeping child in another room in the house. I've left a child in the car in the past whilst nipping into a shop. I would think it more cruel to waken it up and drag it around the supermarket.

with you on this one alex. there are no where near enough details to draw a decent opinion on this..... was he in the shop to pick up 5 mins worth of shopping for dinner or was he out with the wife on a wander round the shops to do some window shopping??

i too am guilty of leaving the sprogs in the car for 5 mins while i pop in for a paper and milk or whatever

I seem to recall from when this story broke, that, Mulgrew and his wife allegedly left the kid in the car for about an hour and the temp was -7. If this is the case I would class that as neglect.

True facts will come out in court though

What I find odd - is that he's an SPL footballer (star at OF club) and was allegedly reported to police by Michell Mone (well known business woman and paper/tv celeb these days). So in the whole of Glasgow and visiting Costco nobody apart from one famous person spotted anothers indiscretion?

Either I've been whooshed by you rene or that was a bizarre post. How would the heating be on? Anyway it's illegal to leave a car with the engine running.

Edited by TheMantis
rewording

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my thinking was, if it was freezing temperatures outside and the child was left in a car with no heating it could freeze to death, if the heating was left on, it would be fine.

Surely to leave the car heating on you would have to leave the engine running?

Would you would leave your car parked in a Glasgow supermarket car park with the keys in place and the engine running?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my thinking was, if it was freezing temperatures outside and the child was left in a car with no heating it could freeze to death, if the heating was left on, it would be fine.

Surely to leave the car heating on you would have to leave the engine running?

Would you would leave your car parked in a Glasgow supermarket car park with the keys in place and the engine running?

I can leave my car engine running and take the keys away with me. :smile: