Our worst ever players in the SPL?

IIRC none of the aforementioned players were let go because of relegation, in fact most were let go before that. The likes of Ridgers, Soane, Kerr and MacDonald were not U-19s when the were punted, they were in fact, in the reserve squad, and in the case of Kerr were regularly on the bench.

My mistake......................were they not then let go because, in our last SPL season, the powers that be, in their wisdom, decided to abandon the reserve league.

Here's a few more to throw in, Ally Ridgers. Two spells with ICT, racking up a grand total of zero appearances. Brought back to ICT by CC from Clach to be back-up for Fraser just after Brown left. Apparently was a pretty poor keeper.

Stuart Soane - On the bench a couple of times, has disappeared into the mists of time since.

Ally MacDonald - On the bench a couple of times during season 07/08. Disappeared like Soane since.

Guy Kerr - Played about five minutes against Gretna, at some small club in the SFL now.

And here's maybe a bit of a controversial one, but Richard Hastings went IMO from being a very good left back in season 06/07 to being a fairly poor one from 07/08 onwards. Butcher didn't seem to take to him either.

RIDGERS IS AT Nairn,Soanes at Huntly

I never really thought the likes of Soane, Kerr, Ridgers etc would really ever make it - the young players who I felt were a total let down were Zander Sutherland and Rory McAllister - both were given their chance, neither lived up to expectations, and McAllister in particular got a lot more opportunities than his performances deserved. I quite liked Garry Wood, actually - he put in a shift when he played, which is more than could be said for Barrowman.

That said - I think we have a shortlist of three for the worst ever - Andy Barrowman, Phil McGuire and Darran Thomson?

At least Thomson didn't cost us a huge amount in wages in the way the other two did.