Rangers -V- ICT : Matchnight Thread

Scotty

CRACKING INTERVIEW

i love Terry, both Barrels and a kick in the nuts to the SPL . might be a mistake but man what an interview.

:ictscarf:

:nanananana:

:twothumbsup:

grinning from ear to ear at the moment, that is one of the best things i have heard in a long time and i love the fact that we have a manager who is not afraid to let rip

TB has just had the greatest RANT I have ever heard on Radio Scotland about League Reconstruction, he was getting breathless and when at the end John Barnes offered him a glass of red wine, TB replied 'Give me a bottle of red wine and I'll smash it over someone's head!'

Quality :twothumbsup:

Wow.

Hope I can find it somewhere to listen. Will there be a link to Terry's rant on the front of the Caley Thistle Online web page Scotty-- maybe?

I could not get any commentary anywhere for today's match so I went on the perfectly poor two people and looked at the Ayr versus Hibs game. Even in the three minutes that I watched, it was a very lackadaisical and depressed, inactive Hibs lot on show. I could not detect any urgency or drive. To be perfectly frank it looks as if the players have lost all interest and have almost given up. I agree that that was only a few minutes but --where is this team going--relegation maybe?

Good for Ayr another payday to help them along.

Terry appreciates what he has and what we all have in Inverness, it shines through in this interview like a torch with the power of a million candles, I dof my cap to you sir.

He connects so well with fans!

He really cares about the city as well as the club!

Mega respect for TB regarding that interview. In my opinion he was 100% correct in everything he said. While were on the subject of respect I have to admire and take my hat off to all the fans that made the two trips down at this time of the year for the last two matches. I felt like an impostor as my total travel for both games was an measly 58 miles. Still I'm home now and enjoying a rather nice malt to console myself for a match that I thought we could have won or more fairly drawn. Rangers were there for the taking in my humble opinion.

• Agree 3

We can take quite a lot of encouragement from that performance. It was maybe a good time to get a little experimental with the line-up - a game where a defeat wouldn't be considered a failure - and I thought it improved the team. Odihambo had a fine game on the right wing, running at and beating his opponents regularly and also working back well. His choice of final ball wasn't always great, but he's worth persevering with there for as long as Hayes is out. Sanchez also offered a bit of composure on the ball - he's not afraid to take people on either, and looked willing to shield the ball and try to make time for effective passes. If he tracked back a little more and was willing to put his head in where it hurts sometimes, he could be really effective playing behind a main striker. There was certainly a lot more creativity going forward today than on Saturday, and Nick Ross looked very solid playing in a deeper role alongide Duff. The defence also played well: Tokely had Weiss in his pocket for most of the game and Innes and Munro look very composed playing together. No glaring weaknesses for us tonight, although the final ball could have been better, but Duff needs to look up and choose his passes a bit better, and Foran wasn't as influential as he's capable of being. We were speculating about whether he's still carrying an injury: despite the header that was touched onto the bar, he's certainly not winning as much of the ball in the air as he did last season, although admittedly tonight he was often competing against a very good header of the ball in Andy Webster.

Rangers created few real chances and got the goal at a very lucky time after we'd matched them throughout the first half. It was good finish from Davis, but it looked like we had lost concentration for a minute after surviving the previous attack, because no-one got out to close him down. Apparently Rooney was fouled in the build-up, but I don't remember the incident. Rangers definitely had more of the ball for most of the second half, but in the last ten minutes Caley Thistle were on top and there was obvious anxiety around Ibrox that we would get the equaliser and a geniuine sense of relief when the final whistle sounded.

A decent performance and a dsiappointing result then, and although Hamilton will set themselves out differently against us, I hope Terry Butcher will give Odhiambo and Sanchez another chance on Saturday. Away to listen to this much-trailed interview and then to bed.

Edited by alternative maryhill