Terry Butcher interview

Andrew Fraser

just spoken to my best pal who lives in edinburgh and is a jambo. He has been to rugby park tonight and has just got back but he has logged onto his account on the hearts forum jambo's kickback and there is a topic on terrys rant and that every poster is in 100% agreement about what terry said to do with reconstruction and the old firm bullying tactics

Hail the new Messiah!!

Well done, TB.... Delivering speeches like that it's not hard to see how you get our boys well and truly fired up with your team talks.

The SPL will now seriously have to completely rethink their league reconstruction plans.

Keep it up old son....you're not just putting not just Caley Thistle on the map, but the City of Inverness as well.

:twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:

• Agree 1

Hats off to Terry for having the gonads to put his head above the parapet and firing back with both barrels.That said, i cant agree with his assertion that "it aint broke" ,it certainly is broke Terry, and radical change is precisely whats needed to bring back interest,excitement and competition , but as all and sundry can see,not through fear of relegation and financial meltdown with only the interests of the OF catered for.

They keep saying a top 14 wont work. How do they know as we aint been there, but we have with a top 10, and we can all remember how dire the prospects were for kids progress. Old firm still get the 4 games a seaseon as does the telly folk, but the prospect of more kids cutting there teeth in the top league has to be better for the future.

I will always go watch ICT, but must admit I would be less likely to subscibe to paying to watch the top 10 on tv, The likes of Dunfermline, Raith, Falkirk, Dundee etc can make the spl attractive. Dont let the bully boys get what they want - as they arent looking out for the fans or scottish football. Vanity and greed.

Well done to Terry for speaking his mind and saying exactly what the majority of fans in the country are saying. It will be interesting to hear what Doncaster has to say this afternoon.

Every chairman needs to take a long hard look at themselves before they make the wrong decision, while ours just needs to stick to his guns. Stephen Thompson has gone worryingly quiet the last few days considering how outspoken and against a 10-team league he was.

I hope more managers come out with their opinions as I'm sure they will be along the same lines of TB's views. If TB gets punished for this, it's ridiculous. He should be applauded for speaking out against the idiots at the top. All hail King Terry.

For me the impressive thing is just how much Terry cares, not only about ICT, but the SPL in general, including the fate of the 3 clubs who would be relgated at the end of year one. It would be easy for him to see his role at ICT just as a job, but for him it is clearly much more of a passion. I had my doubts about TB when he started, but this interview proves to everyone that his heart is very much in the right place. We're lucky to have him.

Jambo here.

Just had to register to post support for Terry Butcher.

Tremendous that a such a high profile character has the balls to speak out so passionately about this ridiculous 10 team folly.

Hope he gets some public support from the other clubs.

10 teams will be a disaster.

• Agree 3

Outstanding Terry! So proud to have a manager who isn't afraid to speak up for the club and its fans! We're behind you all the way! Can't wait to hear what Doncaster has to say!

It was interesting to hear all of the texts that were sent in to radio Scotland last night after the interview - people from all over Scotland were agreeing with Sir Terry's rant. I think there was only 1 text from someone in Glasgow who disagreed with him.

Surely last night's game with Hibs and Ayr showed that a 14 team league would work. Everyone writes off the little teams and says that the games would be meaningless, but how many times have little teams knocked out the "big" teams in the cup? I genuinely believe the league would be much more exciting if it became a 14 team league.

Outstanding Terry! So proud to have a manager who isn't afraid to speak up for the club and its fans! We're behind you all the way! Can't wait to hear what Doncaster has to say!

It was interesting to hear all of the texts that were sent in to radio Scotland last night after the interview - people from all over Scotland were agreeing with Sir Terry's rant. I think there was only 1 text from someone in Glasgow who disagreed with him.

Surely last night's game with Hibs and Ayr showed that a 14 team league would work. Everyone writes off the little teams and says that the games would be meaningless, but how many times have little teams knocked out the "big" teams in the cup? I genuinely believe the league would be much more exciting if it became a 14 team league.

Doncaster really is a master of saying lots without actually saying anything and avoiding the question.

What's most frustrating though is that he's (Doncaster) is yet to face an interviewer/journalist who is willing/able to push the issues, question his (as yet) unfounded claims about how 10 teams are better and not allow him to just make flippant throw away remarks without backing them up. For all the meetings, and communication he claims to have had with people, we all still remain very much in the dark on how 10 teams is going to solve all the problems.

Very interesting that his closing comment was about having one organisation looking after all teams....think we are perhaps getting to the crux of the matter in that the SPL wants ultimate control over the whole league setup and their proposals are more about that than anything else.

Whilst I agree with a bigger league I don't think you can point towards the Ayr v Hibs result last night as some kind of proof for it working. We destroyed Stirling a few seasons back when the teams were in similar positions (league wise).

Will be interesting what that slimey goon Doncaster has to say. Bit disappointed that the other teams against the proposals haven't come out and backed up TB so far.

Surprise, surprise, Neil Doncaster says he's right and we are all wrong. The parachute payments for relegation will still be a tiny fraction of the minimum ?1.5 million loss three clubs will suffer when relegated. Also if this goes ahead the money coming in will need to be spread between 22 clubs instead of the existing 12. Why o why would the SPL clubs vote for that?

That Doncaster is a condecending pompous ar5e, more or less called Terry's views as a heat of the moment thing and almost laughed it off. Not only that he's quite obviously not taking any heed of fans views in this issue and laughed off the claim that the smaller team chairmen are being bullied into this change.

This is a feckin nightmare, what is this guy going to do to scottish football?

Neil should just get to f*ck! Giving money to teams who are relegated? With a posabilty of more than one team going down how much Money would each team actuvaly get? And money doesnt solve all the relegation problems! How can he say last nights game was fair to go ahead? The head of the spl should be someone who cares about even the smaller teams and had actucaly worked in the system!