Inverness bid to land Raith forward Tade

Ivy League

Could potentially be a decent replacement for Rooney.

Lads, Lads calm down...

Heres what you get.

The strongest most physical player i have ever seen (you should see the six pack) he will run his heart out for you, If he doesent have time to think will score, If he has time to think will miss 9 times out of 10. Can be the most frustrating individual you have ever seen (I mean sitters missed another one from six yards against County on Saturday). He has hit "fresh air shots" been one on one and always misses. You have to take this as a package.

He is the ultmate 100% out and out effort. And can cause chaos to ANY defence, but alas he is no Rooney.

Would i be sad to see him go...He`s a person you just cant help liking and would light up your dressing room, has become a CULT figure here and the fans love him and eventually have forgiven him for his errors....... of course i would.

You will have to give him time, the Premier league dont know whats going to hit them, Be prepared to see him on highlight shows scoring a few goals but ending up on the football clangers videos.

I don't want to seem negative but as Raithfan says Tade doesn't have the best goalscoring record.

2007/08 - Stranraer, Division Three - 34(2) - 12 goals

2008/09 - Stranraer, Division Two - 16 - 7 goals

2008/09 - Clyde, Division One - 11(2) - 0 goals

2009/10 - Raith, Division One - 39(1) - 8 goals

2010/11 - Raith, Division One - 18(1) - 4 goals

That's 118(6) appearences, 31 goals - a goal every four games. In Division One he has a goal every five games, roughly.

On the plus side, he is a physically imposing player possessing good strength and pace. These are important attributes in the SPL and give us different options up front.

I think having a striker with a physical edge is what we need. There's times where Rooney cannot get long balls simply because he cannot compete with defenders for it. Tade would probably have a much better chance. Plus i think we are in need of a player with a high workrate. Though if he does sign for us i hope it does not discourage us from playing football on the deck.

Knew his goal record wasn't the greatest but you never know what form a new club can bring from you. I hope we get him/

Lads, Lads calm down...

Heres what you get.

The strongest most physical player i have ever seen (you should see the six pack) he will run his heart out for you, If he doesent have time to think will score, If he has time to think will miss 9 times out of 10. Can be the most frustrating individual you have ever seen (I mean sitters missed another one from six yards against County on Saturday). He has hit "fresh air shots" been one on one and always misses. You have to take this as a package.

He is the ultmate 100% out and out effort. And can cause chaos to ANY defence, but alas he is no Rooney.

Would i be sad to see him go...He`s a person you just cant help liking and would light up your dressing room, has become a CULT figure here and the fans love him and eventually have forgiven him for his errors....... of course i would.

You will have to give him time, the Premier league dont know whats going to hit them, Be prepared to see him on highlight shows scoring a few goals but ending up on the football clangers videos.

Sounds like Hislop

Ah.. the famous duckman! no Gabby, nobody can be like Hissy.. he will however go down as the scorer of the winning goal vs Clyde that famous day in 2004.

Grand day out

Tade looks like a rough diamond with the guts of a bull but not a Wynessesque cultured scoring talent.

can he head the ball? thats what we need someone to one day score a header for us!

i know im ambitious

but seriously if he can get his head on hayes crosses he will score more goals than he ever did in the sfl

hayes puts at least 2 peach crosses in a game sometimes 3 or 4 but we tend not to have anyone there to bang it in

If he injects attitude.i.e., a hard work rate and plenty of effort, he will be good for the team. Sounds like there is a litle bit of a lack of desirew to push on forwrad vigorously. Dunno myself, because you are there and I am over here, but---sounds like something is nagging away at the psychology of this team.

If Foran is falling off and not trying quite as hard as he could or SHOULD ,then the support of a grafter may be what he needs to "shame" him into more effort or just inspire him. What concerns me about the reports about Richie is ...is there something on his mind or what? Mybe he is a bit fed up with all the stuff about Adam Rooney which is frankly turning into a lot of ballyhoo and may be seriously affecting Adam's performamce.For sure, if Rooney has scaled down his capability performance by 50% then he is not going to do his chances of getting an immediate big,fat transfer in the immediate future any good.

Adam should accept the ICT contract that he has been offered and get on with it.--then show what he is really worth.Sounds like a very gooid contract indeed form a player who, from reports, was not in contentioin in England.

Rooney would be well advised to get his mind off Boys in Berne, Ruskis in Romania and

Lads, Lads calm down...

Heres what you get.

Sounds like Hislop

Nope he is NOTHING like Hislop believe me..

• 1 month later...

He lacks regular goals but i still think he would be an excellent addition to our squad. He has a great work rate and he's a powerful bloke too. If we were to get him i'd play him just off the striker, where Odhiambo is supposed to be good :tongueincheek: .

Further to our reported interest in Raith Rovers striker Gregory Tade in the January transfer window, it now appears the chase for his signature may be hotting up

Tade interesting a few clubs

That article smacks to me of agent 'spin' ... trying to drum up interest rather than actual interest.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...