Rooney in talks with Hibs

Dargo20

even loan signings aren't going to be anything more than lower end English Championship fringe/youth players who are looking to prove themselves.

... or maybe a highly rated youngster from a 7th placed English Premiership side .....

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2275668,00.html

Personally, I'm not as convinced as some of you seem to be that Rooney is off and still have a sneaky feeling he'll put pen to paper on an extension with us before the end of the season.

I would like to think so, but honestly do not have a clue one way or another !!!

Sportsound saying just now that they reckon Rooney will be gone in this window - Let's hope they're wrong :thumbdown:

Yeah, I've been listening to that. Slightly strange logic from Allan Preston - when Chick Young said that he reckoned Rooney would be a worthwhile signing for Rangers (not sure I agree, tbh), Preston suggested that he wouldn't be because he is a 'lone striker' and Rangers don't play that way. Maybe this betrays my ignorance of the game, but I've never thought of Rooney as somehow generically a lone striker; rather, I've always felt Rooney has been asked to play this way because of the system TB favours and because of our squad limitations. Is there any reason why Rooney couldn't play in a partnership?

• Agree 1

From the sounds of it Hibs are after a marquee signing and Rooney will be their man. Hopefully our board are playing hard ball, using Conor Sammon's recent offer from Scunthorpe as a bench mark and we get plenty cash for the guy.

Rooney has been excellent, he has that knack of scoring goals (until recently) but he is not irreplaceable. Thankfully, we are about 3 points off safety, which means Sutherland can get his chance without any major pressure on his shoulders. If he doesn't manage to get the goals to suggest he can secure a first team place we can look at targets in the summer, or even sign someone else on a pre-contract.

If we can get anything near the amount Scunthorpe offered for Sammon then we should accept the offer and move on, as we always do.

• Disagree 1

From the sounds of it Hibs are after a marquee signing and Rooney will be their man. Hopefully our board are playing hard ball, using Conor Sammon's recent offer from Scunthorpe as a bench mark and we get plenty cash for the guy.

Rooney has been excellent, he has that knack of scoring goals (until recently) but he is not irreplaceable. Thankfully, we are about 3 points off safety, which means Sutherland can get his chance without any major pressure on his shoulders. If he doesn't manage to get the goals to suggest he can secure a first team place we can look at targets in the summer, or even sign someone else on a pre-contract.

If we can get anything near the amount Scunthorpe offered for Sammon then we should accept the offer and move on, as we always do.

Rooney a marquee signing ???? rotflmao.gifrotflmao.gif

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

The last few games have made me believe we'll survive without Rooney., the runnings there but he's barely been noticed. Whether or not recent rumours and goings on have affected these performances we'll not know, but as long as we can get a half decent replacement for him then we'll be fine, we've had and lost better strikers than him and managed with it.

It's Jonny Hayes I'm more worried about replacing when he leaves us, Terry really did unearth a gem with him.

I think he'll still be with us till summer. We turned down a reported 100k and Hibs wont go more than that so unless some big money comes in by monday night then he's ours till season end at least. And if we were to get a european place then maybe he'll be here for longer. Still a top four possibility and a cup which is more than Hibs can achieve

let Rooney go now we have lost players in the past and we are still playing well

Why would we let him go now when Hibs didn't come in with a bid during the window ??? He's an ICT player until at least the end of the season .... And hopefully longer