ICT -V- Hamilton : Matchday Thread

Scotty

I think it's pretty safe to assume we won't be in the top 6 this year. Best we can hope for now is 5 meaningless games after the split watching others go through the horrors of a relegation battle.

Very negative comment!

As long as Jonny Hayes remains injury free we will soon start picking up points again and we will be in the hunt for a top 6 finish.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

No way did I think that was a penalty yesterday. We were directly behind it and unless I am mistaken I was under the impression that Rossco trapped the ball with his foot as the guy was about to either shoot or move it forward resulting in the forward tumbling straight ahead. It does look clumsy, but in my opinion Rossco only got the ball. It's not very clear on the BBC highlights either.

The referee ruined the game for both sides and all the fans, stopping the game every few seconds for trivial nonsense. What utter drivel. We scorned a couple of chances and Duncan made a great run to get onto the ball Hayes poked through. But once again the poor form at home continues. When will it ever end. We must be the pooresst side in the league at the moment, apart from Hibs, a shadow of the side that won promotion, it's as if the heart has been ripped out of us.

Transfer windows, I hate them.

Rooney's substitution...............was there more to that? Was that his last game?

terrible game, two very poor sides. stone wall penalty, munro i think had the ball in the box could have done 10 keepy ups( if he can do that many) and still taken time to clear, decides to play a one touch pass out wide, punts straight to a hamilton player, he puts ball in box ---- penalty.

same old story cannot keep ball for more than 3 passes before conceding possesion.

thought sanchez only decent player until intro of hayes.

one run shows we are a one man team and why we can't win without him. definately man of the match for that one run alone, thats how bad the rest are.

memo to terry

ship odiambo, sutherland, innes

2nd memo to terry

team for next season

esson

new player munro( if we can't get someone else) new player shinnie

HAYES new player new player ross

new player new player

I'm sick of this knee jerk attitude that so many fans have. There are no easy games in this league. We're on a bad run of form at the moment but still picking up draws and only ever losing by a single goal. It won't take that big a swing to turn some of these results into wins.

We're still on course for our highest ever league finish by the way. Hardly the time for a wholesale clearout!

we are in a false position at present. wait until the other teams start picking up points from their games in hand. if we dont start winning again soon it will be a real struggle to finish in the top ten

was at the game and i am very annoyed a rediculous point. We looked good in the first half best ive seen for a while but i think it was shinnie who tried to to play show off with imrie and winning the battle and then giving it away giving hamilton the room to win the pen. On the pen i couldnt tell where i sat but alot of people aint happy but im not happy that we self destructed to give them the chance in the first place. Second half pretty poor until hayes came on but im annoyed that a certain win over a poor team was ruined by one poor piece of play right on half time otherwise i think we would have won the game

Guest Mahonio

No way did I think that was a penalty yesterday. We were directly behind it and unless I am mistaken I was under the impression that Rossco trapped the ball with his foot as the guy was about to either shoot or move it forward resulting in the forward tumbling straight ahead. It does look clumsy, but in my opinion Rossco only got the ball. It's not very clear on the BBC highlights either.

The referee ruined the game for both sides and all the fans, stopping the game every few seconds for trivial nonsense. What utter drivel. We scorned a couple of chances and Duncan made a great run to get onto the ball Hayes poked through. But once again the poor form at home continues. When will it ever end. We must be the pooresst side in the league at the moment, apart from Hibs, a shadow of the side that won promotion, it's as if the heart has been ripped out of us.

Transfer windows, I hate them.

Rooney's substitution...............was there more to that? Was that his last game?

In my opinion, yes, i just think that Kuban may come in with another bid before transfer window shuts and this time it will be too good to turn down. Also, if Rooney wasn't going then why would Tel be talking to Tade's agent if he isn't in to Pre-contracts or is this just me looking for good news on transfer front?

By the way,tm4tj, i am the opposite, I LIKE transfer windows, especially last days :biggrin:.

Edited by Mahonio

As someone has already said on this thread, it didn't take long for the knee jerk crew to get some nonsenese posted. Yes the home form is shocking and the team is definately not firing on all cylinders just now but all the teamas go through a bad patch and we just have to keep plugging away. The players that were being rightly praised earlier in the season don't just become bad players overnight and they will come back.

Personally, I think some of the team need a rest but with the small pool of players we have, this cannot happen. Foran does not look 100% fit to me and it would be interesting to know if that was the case so some of the posters here can let up with the over the top critiscm of him.

Two other points, well three actually. There are still some fans on this site who show unbelievable arrogance at times. This is a hard league and we have no divine right to win games home or away. Look at the results every week and see how difficult it is for teams to win at home. Second, this result has to be taken in the context of who the opposition were. Hamilton are the worst team I have seen for blatant gamesmanship, diving etc and we were bullied by them today becuase we are not stretwise enough of a team to do the same to them. We have to toughen up in that respect (and give them Innes as he would fit right in with his jersey pulling antics). Lastly, abd I don't like saying referees cost us a agame but this time I think the referee did. Not convinced about the penalty for Hamilton but too far away to be 100% sure but definately a penalty for the push on Sutherland late on. Some of the referees decisions were an utter joke and we got very little from him all day. Where he also almost cost us the game was he gave a foul for handball against Duncan, which it never was, and from that Hamilton ended up hitting the post.

A kick back against Terry's quote that the SPL don't want us. Time for a Celticesque paranoia scenarion maybe!!!.

• Agree 2

I was really disappointed with a point, it was truly a game I thought we should be winning and getting our form going again, lets not get away from the fact that we haven't got a result in 9 games and the games coming up aren't that easy.

Am I being arrogant in thinking we should have won or believing beforehand that it was a game for the taking, in my opinion no not really, but it would be like us to go out and beat Aberdeen now. Is it a case that we are getting too carried away, are the players getting slightly complacent, I wouldn't think TB would let them but in their minds it might be.

All this talk on tv about how well we had been doing, the papers talking about TB, taking points from the OF, TB winning manager of the month, being highlighted on Football Focus, even getting many more mentions on Soccer Saturday ect ect. Has it all went to our heads and this is the inevitable fallout of a run of poor form? If it has then lets put it right, it's great to ride high but it's how you deal with it and how you use it constructively and this means us too as fans and get behind the team more especially at home games.

Possible true, i could'nt believe it when they started talking about a euro place, especially in december!! these kind of comments always come back to bite you, that combined with the loss of Hayes made us a prime target for teams to 'peg us back' not to worry, we will come good again, once the wee man gets back to full fitness and Duncan gets a regular start.

It's a run of poor form that started at the start of the season. Only 2 wins and 3 draws at home is relegation stuff. While we should be thankful for the points gained away from home, we need to get our act together. We are rapidly undoing the good work from early in the season with this dismal home sequence. Only Hamilton are worse at home than any other team, St Mirren are equally as poor, the rest are better off. What was a huge cushion against the other clubs is now just a pillow case.

It is frustrating to watch as the team at home look like Highland league standard, as Elgin showed in the cup.

It's a run of poor form that started at the start of the season. Only 2 wins and 3 draws at home is relegation stuff. While we should be thankful for the points gained away from home, we need to get our act together. We are rapidly undoing the good work from early in the season with this dismal home sequence. Only Hamilton are worse at home than any other team, St Mirren are equally as poor, the rest are better off. What was a huge cushion against the other clubs is now just a pillow case.

It is frustrating to watch as the team at home look like Highland league standard, as Elgin showed in the cup.

Out of interest did you ever go and watch Caley or thistle in the Highland league days ?

Hopefully with us now hammering all of our games and with teams now needing to catch up they will soon start feeling fatigued and lose a bit of form themselves. Dundee Utd have FIVE games in hand, now i know they will probably still overtake us but after those five matches they may well be knackered.

Our next two games are Aberdeen and Dundee Utd at home. I'd be happy if we could take 4 points from that and would prefere the win over Utd to widen that gap just a little.

Hopefully with us now hammering all of our games and with teams now needing to catch up they will soon start feeling fatigued and lose a bit of form themselves. Dundee Utd have FIVE games in hand, now i know they will probably still overtake us but after those five matches they may well be knackered.

Our next two games are Aberdeen and Dundee Utd at home. I'd be happy if we could take 4 points from that and would prefere the win over Utd to widen that gap just a little.

If Aberdeen beat us and win their games in hand they could go above us as well .

Out of interest did you ever go and watch Caley or thistle in the Highland league days ?

I did, many a time. Mostly Clach, but also Thistle latterly. Why would you ask?

ICT Paisley..........have we not been saying this since before Xmas, with an 'easy' run of games coming up against St Mirren, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, Motherwell and Hamilton, all winable, all points frittered away.

• Agree 1

If Aberdeen beat us and win their games in hand they could go above us as well .

They could level on points, but would need an additional goal difference of 21+

Lastly, abd I don't like saying referees cost us a agame but this time I think the referee did. Not convinced about the penalty for Hamilton but too far away to be 100% sure but definately a penalty for the push on Sutherland late on. Some of the referees decisions were an utter joke and we got very little from him all day.

I thought it was a penalty at the time and looks clear cut in the highlights. I think it was Shinnie who dispossed Imrie and then played it inside to Foran who then played a terrible pass out and that was where the penalty came from, it's strange but there seems to be a lot on here who lament about playing the ball on the deck and not just punting it clear but if Foran had found row z with the ball out we would have gone in at half time a goal up! I think there's a time and place for everything and that was the time for the punt!

There was also a case for Hamilton in the first half when the ball bounced up a struck Shinnie on the hand in our box and I've seen them given.

The push on Sutherland at the end, I thought could have been given but we didn't even put the thought into the referee's head, Sutherland stayed on his feet and didn't even make any sort of appeal but I can bet if it was at the other end any one of the Hamilton players would have gone down and at least ask the question. In fact there were probably three seperate incidents that we could have gone down in the box but tried to stay on our feet, is it being too honest or as Huisdean said not streetwise?

Mike--not picking you out or anything but I translated your post and it was "We couldn't take out chnces and didn't score enough goals to win".

Anything else is hyperbole.

Not sure exactly what hyperbole is but from my limited knowledge you seem to think I produced a statement that's exaggerated for effect (not sure what part you mean??) maybe you can explain?

If that's what you took from the post then I got it all wrong, my reply was to Huisdean and basically I thought it was a penalty and we didn't get a penalty later on because we didn't claim or appeal for it and referee decisions go both ways.

Strangely can't remember saying anything about not taking chances or anything about scoring but you read into what you want!

I also did not mention cheating, I said if in a position that you feel your are being fouled then claim for it, if someone trips you up then go down you don't need to stay on your feet, that's not cheating in my book.

Further to my earlier post, and picking up what Mike has said, I am not advocating cheating. To me, Sutherland was definately fouled and had he gone doww, would the referee have been more likley to give a penalty?. Given the ref's performance on Saturday, it's doubtful but to me it was a penalty whether Sutherland stayed on his feet or not. Put this another way, if the Hamilton player had stayed on his feet, which I think he could have, would a penalty have been given?. The guy knew he had no chance of getting to the ball and went down from the slightest of touches, to me, definately not a penalty.

I still stand by what I said about being bullied by the likes of hamilton and the guys who sit beside me all agreed. We let them dictate what happened in the match, they tested the referee to see what he would give/let them away with and played on that all afternoon. Add on blatant timewasting, which they have done everytime they have come up here and I really hate the way Hamilton go about their business and would shed no tears if they were relegated.

As I have said, not advocating cheating but, and I have said this since we were first in the first division, sometimes we are boys against men and we really have to wise up and become more streetwise. The only guys thta come close to doing this at the moment are Innes, and I don't rate him as a player, and Foran, both who have been around a few teams.

• Agree 3

Further to my earlier post, and picking up what Mike has said, I am not advocating cheating. To me, Sutherland was definately fouled and had he gone doww, would the referee have been more likley to give a penalty?. Given the ref's performance on Saturday, it's doubtful but to me it was a penalty whether Sutherland stayed on his feet or not. Put this another way, if the Hamilton player had stayed on his feet, which I think he could have, would a penalty have been given?. The guy knew he had no chance of getting to the ball and went down from the slightest of touches, to me, definately not a penalty.

I still stand by what I said about being bullied by the likes of hamilton and the guys who sit beside me all agreed. We let them dictate what happened in the match, they tested the referee to see what he would give/let them away with and played on that all afternoon. Add on blatant timewasting, which they have done everytime they have come up here and I really hate the way Hamilton go about their business and would shed no tears if they were relegated.

As I have said, not advocating cheating but, and I have said this since we were first in the first division, sometimes we are boys against men and we really have to wise up and become more streetwise. The only guys thta come close to doing this at the moment are Innes, and I don't rate him as a player, and Foran, both who have been around a few teams.

Completely agree with the bit in bold