Top 6 or not top 6, that is the question

Yngwie

Do you think ICT will make it into the top 6 this season?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think ICT will make it into the top 6 this season?

Probably next year now...

Being seriousness, I think It's still very much possible. I think a top six finish and cup run would a make for a fantastic season. (I hope we do make the cut - If we don't I have to pay Alternative Maryhill in to the last awaygame!) Looking at how things are going at the moment, the goal drought is the problem. St Mirren, St Johnstone and Hamilton yesterday should have been beatable.

I genuinely believe wee Johnny Hayes will be the difference between a Top 6 and a bottom six finish.

He was only on for ten minutes yesterday, but still managed create a couple of chances in that time - but much more significantly - he gave the whole team a real lift.

Our next 6 games will decide whether we make it or not -

With Hayes back in the frame you've surely got to fancy our chances against the likes of :

Aberdeen home

Dundee Utd home

St Mirren away

St Johnstone home

Hibs away

Motherwell home

I would fancy ICT to take at least 12 points from that lot which should be good enough for the Top 6.

Edited by Johnboy

Kilmarnock will finish up in the top half and im willing to bet that either Aberdeen or Dundee United will pip us for the other spot, Motherwell are in the mix too. I just think unless we get back to the way we were before christmas we are destined to finish under the top 6.

At the risk of appearing negative...altho i see it as being a realist....i think that, given that our once in a generation away form seems to have come to an end...which saw us achieve an artificially high place in the league on the back of it....well....couple that return to normal service, with a currently terrible home form, which shows no sign of changing, i can see us getting dragged down from this point on. I think we will end up in the bottom 6, which doesnt bother me....as long as we can acheive 11th place or higher placing come the end of the season. 8 pts form the last 30 is not top 6 form!

I think we will finnish 7th or 8th at best

Edited by SMEE
  • Agree 1

I guess the fact that ICT have, historically, been slow starters and strong finishers in the majority of our league campaigns counts for nothing then.

The way some people are going on then Butcher should probably just right this season off and start preparing for next season....if we're really lucky we might just avoid relegation!!!

• Agree 1

I will vote after the United home game. If we beat the dons and united then its a confident yes but we need that killer instinct in front of goal or we will be punished.

Breaking it down our first 11 games we achieved 15 points, which I was happy with.

The next 11 isn't as clear cut as we still have to play United out of that run of 11 so excluding Gers and Hamilton we picked up 13 points. So lose draw or win would be 13,14,or 16 points.which is pretty close to where we want to be at this stage.

I would hope that 45 points would be enough to earn a top six place and we aren't too far off that target.

If the team reflects on what they have achieved so far and where they sit in the league I see no reason why they cant continue the run and be top six certs.

Looking at the table I'd say there are 5 (possibly 6) teams going for the final 3 top 6 places. We've played more games than all of them and I just can't see us being any higher than 7th by the time they catch up.

Couple that with our remaining fixtures and I don't see us getting enough points to get back up there. Losing to St Mirren & St Johnstone & yesterday's draw have done too much damage.

I guess the fact that ICT have, historically, been slow starters and strong finishers in the majority of our league campaigns counts for nothing then.

The way some people are going on then Butcher should probably just right this season off and start preparing for next season....if we're really lucky we might just avoid relegation!!!

Get real guys. 11th place was the target this season and that will be achieved. Give TB & MM a chance to build. I would love to see us in top 6 cos the extra money would be great but our home form is dire!

• Agree 1

voted no but I think its possible. The head says we will just miss out say 7th or 8th. We are definately not in the relagation race unless things go from bad to worse and we simply stop picking up any points at all. last time 37 points put us down and not too far away from passing that now.