Top 6 or not top 6, that is the question

Yngwie

Do you think ICT will make it into the top 6 this season?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think ICT will make it into the top 6 this season?

I voted no but we can still do it. Probably more likely that we won't make top 6 now IMO. We didn't play too bad against Motherwell or Rangers, were unlucky against Accies, and I hear we weren't too bad against Aberdeen. I think if we can get a win, our luck will change again quickly. Once we stop the rot, we can push again... but it has to be a victory soon.

Now that we've lost our well established central defence for the next 2/3 games, and it also looks like Jonny Hayes could be out for a while again, a Top 6 finish is now looking very unlikely.

We enjoyed a fantastic run in this league since the start of the season, but lack of cover in certain key areas of the team, is beginning to take its toll.

:sad:

I'm an eternal optimist but I couldn't help noticing Hamilton have made a couple of decent looking signings today. Their squad is now considerably larger than ours, and they appear to well enough equipped to avoid relegation.

I'd hate to see any of our key players picking up an injury over the next few weeks. It could cause considerable damage - there are several key positions where we are completely short of meaningful cover.

I think its the nature of the beast that Hamilton would have to strengthen up their squad with the belief that they will avoid relegation at a cost unknown to us and they want a 10 team league?

Could you imagine the jeopardy clubs could put themselves into with the belief that overspending will push them up the table to avoid a hypothetical 3 relegated teams next year.

Getting back to the question. a win over UTD and I will be voting yes.

Now that we've lost our well established central defence for the next 2/3 games, and it also looks like Jonny Hayes could be out for a while again, a Top 6 finish is now looking very unlikely.

We enjoyed a fantastic run in this league since the start of the season, but lack of cover in certain key areas of the team, is beginning to take its toll.

:sad:

Dont know who I'd play where but we have a choice from Innes, McCann (if he's still with us), Golabek, Gillet, Shinnie, McBain, Proctor. Of our retained U-19's we have Jack Sutherland and Tom Smith both of whom are maybe a bit lightweight.

Think I'd be looking at Proctor, McBain, Golabek, Shinnie with Innes and Gillet on the bench. Simply because I'm not sure any other than Innes and Shinnie are fit enough to make a full 90 mins. Fingers are crossed that Terry can find a top class central defender before monday night.

I voted yes but that is more in terms of wishful thinking.

Last season I wished for promotion but didn't expect it.

I would be happy if we stayed in the SPL but I don't think that long term we have the finances to stay here. That will only get worse in a ten team SPL.

Well after tonights results. I think there is one place to fight for. I presume the following will pull away

3rd - Hearts (good strong sqaud)

4th - Dundee Utd (starting to find form after slow start, plenty games in hand)

5th - Killie (despite losing sammon have good creative midfielders to pick up enough points)

Leaving ourselves, motherwell, st johnstone and aberdeen to fight it out for final place

- we have added to our squad and kept rooney, two postitives

- motherwell have lost blackman - big loss

- st j - similar squad

- aberdeen - kept maguire added blackman and a few experienced players but furthest behind

going to be close, unfortunately if i was a betting man i would go with the dons to pip 6th place on final matchday.

• Agree 2

well with the way results have gone while we have had this bad run it is still on i think it is hard to say how many places are left. The top 3 have gone we aint catching them but killie are looking good to stay there in 4th, dundee utd may have games in hand but 2 of them are against rangers and hearts and also a tayside derby against st johnstone not that easy especially with there games having to crampt in have to play a lot, motherwell only one game in hand now very much in the mix but we have them in our control atm, st johnstone i dont think are consistant enough and our game with them on the 19th will be massive and then aberdeen yes better squad but we have a bit of a gap but all this depends on whether we can START WINNING

The table does not lie.

We must start winning now at all costs to overcome the fact that some teams could leapfrog us very easily if they win even their next game .

The new boys have a lot to gain from putting out a good effortand this will strengthen the performance and resolve of the team as whole. Wins will lift spirits from the flagons and lift the flagging spirits so do not despair, we are only one win away from

the GREAT RSURGENCE.

:clapping:

Well after tonights results. I think there is one place to fight for. I presume the following will pull away

3rd - Hearts (good strong sqaud)

4th - Dundee Utd (starting to find form after slow start, plenty games in hand)

5th - Killie (despite losing sammon have good creative midfielders to pick up enough points)

Leaving ourselves, motherwell, st johnstone and aberdeen to fight it out for final place

- we have added to our squad and kept rooney, two postitives

- motherwell have lost blackman - big loss

- st j - similar squad

- aberdeen - kept maguire added blackman and a few experienced players but furthest behind

going to be close, unfortunately if i was a betting man i would go with the dons to pip 6th place on final matchday.

Hearts 3rd, not so sure about UTD 4th, their games to play include Celtic,Gers,Gers,Hearts,Hearts + loads of midweek games to play and a striker with a troubled mind will take its toll.

Think it may be tighter than you think, I think it will be between ourselves (providing we start winning)and St Johnstone, with Motherwell falling off and Aberdeen not quite catching up leaving the 7th place team on 42/43 points (which will be lower than the norm)