Castle Stuart gets Scottish Open

Heilandee

Fantastic event for this area. Probably the largest gathering of sporting superstars ever in the Highlands.

Yeah, sporting superstars....

No doubt our very own Charles Bannerman will be hovering around in the hope of picking up Colin Montgomery's autograph....

:smile:

Just a brisk walk fae the airport SMEE Castle Stuart location

All the info is here... Open Info and this will be a one off operchancity as is is moving to the Rennaisance course in East Lothian next year

Are you sure? On the stv news it stated that it would be held at Castle Stuart for 3 years.

Just a brisk walk fae the airport SMEE Castle Stuart location

All the info is here... Open Info and this will be a one off operchancity as is is moving to the Rennaisance course in East Lothian next year

Are you sure? On the stv news it stated that it would be held at Castle Stuart for 3 years.

Just had a wee check and appears your quite right OCG,I understood the Rennaisance was a done deal for next year but appears the course still has 3 holes the powers that be are non too happy with and the Open being at Muirfield just over the fence in 2013 means it will indeed be held up here for 3 years.Absolutely brilliant news for the area and reward for the investment put into building of Castle Stuart and doing it right,it Will make a brilliant venue for the Scottish Open and showcase the whole area to a massive audience.

Charles qoute fae other thread..."My main problem with golf, apart perhaps from some of the fashions they wear, is Colin Montgomerie since it goes against the grain to see a lot of money being made out of playing a sport by someone who is - in a word - fat."

I don't quite get your ire against Monty for being fat, overweight,I can understand not liking him because he is arrogant,self centered or boorish, but think this may just be a PR thing and he just comes across poorly, as everyone i know who has spoken to him say he is a top guy in real life.That apart, there is no doubting his huge talent and skill at a sport where surely, there is no question about the skill level required to hit a ball several hundred yards into the smallest of targets and also stamina levels and mental toughness required to focus and compete for 5 hours a day,4 days in a row.Will you be going along to spectate yourself Charles? you really should give it a go, you might just enjoy it,and if you get the bug and fancy a wee shot,gie's a shout and i'll take you out for a knock,and won't wear meh tartan breeks :wink:

• Agree 1

Will you be going along to spectate yourself Charles?

Very possibly. I passed a very pleasant couple of days at Nairn West reporting on the Scottish Amateur in 2006... and even did an interview at the end with Dees legend Hamish MacAlpine whose son I seem to recollect won the event!

I also note with interest the other observations you made about Colin Montgomerie.

and even did an interview at the end with Dees legend Hamish MacAlpine whose son I seem to recollect won the event!

DEE'S LEGEND MACALPINE!!!!!! Only for the amount of abuse he used to take ( very well I may add) great character but Arab *******',and yes his lad won at Nairn

and even did an interview at the end with Dees legend Hamish MacAlpine whose son I seem to recollect won the event!

DEE'S LEGEND MACALPINE!!!!!! Only for the amount of abuse he used to take ( very well I may add) great character but Arab *******',and yes his lad won at Nairn

Oops... sorry, forgot! It was the place across the road, wasn't it? That's a wee but like people in the South of Scotland thinking that Inverness and Aberdeen are more or less the same place. :irritated: