Andy Gray, Richard Keys

Johnboy

I,m booking my seat on the offered bus the next time I hear those harpies on loose women start talking about "manflu" and suggesting us poor fellows are unable to multitask. :irritated:

The world's lost it's sense of..........well, everything really

• Agree 1

dont like loose women myself but it could be argued that the "wifies" are employed to discuss men whilst AG and RK are employed to discuss the footie.

Don't agree OCG, both the loose women wifies and TV pundits are employed to "entertain", an element of banter and humour is essential in both or the whole viewing experience would become sterile and controlled

Just watching breaking news that Andy Gray has been sacked....madness,complete madness

Edited by Heilandee

dont like loose women myself but it could be argued that the "wifies" are employed to discuss men whilst AG and RK are employed to discuss the footie.

They were discussing the footie.

As CaleyD said on a previous post these "offensive comments" were actually part of a private conversation between the two of them - they weren't aimed at a world-wide audience.

Who cares what they say or do or even think in private? I don't.

Problem is that the private comments were made whilst they had their mics on at work Johnboy. Several others on the media have said that when they have their mics on whether on air or not it is better to always assume that you are being listened to by others.

HDee agree utter madness re sacking. Dont think he'll have to sign on though..

Women whether they officiate, hand out the raffle tickets or cut the the half time oranges should hang their heads in shame at the sacking of Andy Gray

SHAME ON YOU WOMEN!!!!!

dougal

Women didnt get him sacked Dougal! I bet it was a man who sacked him. Actually I like watching AG.

Edited by old caley girl

Problem is that the private comments were made whilst they had their mics on at work Johnboy. Several others on the media have said that when they have their mics on whether on air or not it is better to always assume that you are being listened to by others.

Yes, but their comments didn't go out on air - nor were they intended to.

These comments were probably only heard by a handful of people inside the Sky studio - one of whom then nastily, spitefully and vindictively decided to record them and make them public.

Career over. End of.

Yes, but their comments didn't go out on air - nor were they intended to.

These comments were probably only heard by a handful of people inside the Sky studio - one of whom then nastily, spitefully and vindictively decided to record them and make them public.

Career over. End of.

Cant disagree with that but seems that there had been warnings before so either stupid or naive.

On the radio this morning, it was suggested that Gray has for a while been considering sueing the News of the World (part of Murdoch's empire) for phone hacking, which might not be the wisest move for an employee of Sky (also part of Murdoch's empire).

Conspiracy theory?

He's an ex-footballer FFS, of course he's a plonker, his brains are in his feet.

But still not reason enough to sack him.

What is wrong with industrial language? Its not like he was doing "a Ron" and having a go at the "lazy boys", now that wrong.

Or even doing a John Motson and saying that all these coloured footballers look so much alike.

The guy's a plonker as well as a rubbish commentator, so excellent news he's gone. Don't shed any tears for him, he's been earning a seven figure salary for years. If you earn that kind of money a degree of professionalism is required, which Gray has clearly not got. His views might be his own, but they are completely out of touch with football and the world we live in now. So bye bye, take Keys with you. And if you wonder why this new footage came out now, just think of all the people who work on the shows who have had to put up with his unreconstructed behaviour, lording it over them for years, now they have their revenge. Don't make enemies on the way up, you might need them as friends on the way down. Uh-oh, too late Andy.

Edited by The Long Man
  • Agree 2

Women have to spoil everything.

Massive fan of Andy Gray... he's a muppet but he has an genuine love for the game and probably one of the least offensive commentators on the tv. For me EPL football & Andy Gray goes hand in hand... he's probably has made Sky a fortune over the years with the amount of men (my sexist remark) who have paid the extortionate subscription charges to enjoy the football bonanza every weekend.

They only recently found out about a comment made in December :ponder: my erse!!! They must have been sitting on that so there was no chance of them having to fork out a termination payment for the lucrative contract he was on.

Karen Brady can suck my ****

I bet this is the same middled aged do-gooders that went on that crusade against Russell Brand and Johnathon Ross a couple of years back and the ones who got all upset when Barack Obama killed that fly! Someone earlier mentioned Loose Women, I tell you if that was men talking about women in the way do, it wouldn't be shown until after the watershed. Come on people, there's more important issues and injustices in the world to be outraged about than this.

Edited by Renegade