ICT -V- Aberdeen : Matchnight Thread

Scotty

good grief. Some of the negativity of posters on this forum beggars belief at times. Yes the last couple of months has not been great.But we are holding our own punching well above our weight in the Premier League.Those of us who remember standing at kingsmills or telford st with a few hundred others wondering if the 'scottish' league would ever deign to let the Highlands in really can see Ict are living the dream.Lets all pull together and get behind the team. Rant over.

• Agree 12
  • Disagree 1

Squeaky bum time!! Not disastrous as other results sort of went our way....but how long have we been relying on this, and how long can we? We cant. Tonight was the last shout.

The Dundee Utd game in a weeks time will be the game that defines our season.

good grief. Some of the negativity of posters on this forum beggars belief at times. Yes the last couple of months has not been great.But we are holding our own punching well above our weight in the Premier League.Those of us who remember standing at kingsmills or telford st with a few hundred others wondering if the 'scottish' league would ever deign to let the Highlands in really can see Ict are living the dream.Lets all pull together and get behind the team. Rant over.

Since when is no wins in 10 and a **** poor, season long home record "punching well above our weight"? Thank feck we managed to scrape together an abnormal away run in the league up until recently, or we would have been right up sh1t creek!

Edited by SMEE
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Maybe the story from those who were at the game will be different, but from the radio commentary it actually sounded like we played some decent football at times tonight and created several good chances without managing to convert them. That's better than the dog days of the Brewster reign, when we were creating next to nothing (anyone remember that horrible home 0-3 against Aberdeen in December '08?). All the same, the run is worrying: Richard Gordon was just saying that we've now equalled Hamilton in going on the longest run without a win in the SPL this season. You've got to wonder how much the slump is starting to prey on the players' minds.

Edited by alternative maryhill

If it were a boxing match, I fear the ref would have stopped the contest in past 10 rounds!!

Still think Terry will keep us safe this season, Just grateful for the great start to the season.

• Agree 1

Despite what the gloom merchants will say, we played well and for me, at the risk of sounding like Neil Lennon, the ref has ruined the game. Didn't see the Munro incident but mccardle should have walked and Blackman could also have gone.

With 11 men it would have been very different.

Keep the faith

• Agree 1

Can't comment on Munro's red card but had the perfect view of McArdle's challenge on Shinnie. I thought Butcher was going to nut McArdle himself, such was the tantrum he threw. It was a shocker of a tackle, studs up, foot off the ground, well late - a red card every day of the week. We've had some abysmal referees up here recently, but Steve Rentboy - sorry, Conroy - took the biscuit.

I thought the players put in a good shift, and worked hard, even if some had better performances than others. Duff particularly stood out for me, he ran himself into the ground. I thought Rossco did a solid job back in the centre...though I continue to see Innes (with a turning circle the size of a bus) as a liability.

Sometimes it's just not your night. Tonight wasn't ours, though it rarely is when it is 10 versus 12.

• Agree 5

I think the fact that none of the Aberdeen players were appealing for anything apart from MacGuire says it all. If the linesman had seen an "elbow" why did he not tell the ref to get the physio on for him. Totatly spoiled what was a decent end to end game at the start.

I cant 100% say it wasnt a red but MacGuire certainly likes throwing himself to the deck.

Never saw the red card incident but it cost us the game.

We had plenty of chances to score but just can't buy a goal just now

Should have been 10 v 10 after the tackle on Shinnie and it's no concidence the right back didn't come out for the second half.

Hopefully Hayes isn't too badly injured and new guy showed a few nice touches

Strangely we had enough chances to probably win the game, although Aberdeen also passed up a few on the break.

Tokely proved (again) that he is our best centre half. You can see that Innes knows the job inside out, however he is too slow, lacks agility and when encountered with the ball seems to have a nose bleed and kick the ball away in a panic.

Whilst I appreciate that replacements are not readily obvious, exactly how bad does Foran have to play until he is subbed or dropped? It seems to have been a good few months since he even looked like the player we know he is.

Don't know whether Grant deserved a red card or not. Two straight red tackles, blatent diving and a deliverable hand ball all not dealt with properly by the ref.

Edited by Tree
  • Agree 2

Strangely we had enough chances to probably win the game, although Aberdeen also passed up a few on the break.

Tokely proved (again) that he is our best centre half. You can see that Innes knows the job inside out, however he is too slow, lacks agility and when encountered with the ball seems to have a nose bleed and kick the ball away in a panic.

Whilst I appreciate that replacements are not readily obvious, exactly how bad does Foran have to play until he is subbed or dropped? It seems to have been a good few months since he even looked like the player we know he is.

Don't know whether Grant deserved a red card or not. Two straight red tackles, blatent diving and a deliverable hand ball all not dealt with properly by the ref.

Totally agree with everything you said. I thnk 11 v 11 we would have won the game.

Havent got a clue what the incident with Grant was did he get sucked in to a retaliation,the linesman just kept his flag up, the ref didnt have a clue either, what ever happened it was the only thing the linesman saw as he didnt get involved with any of the fouls against us and didnt notice Blackman grab the back of Dorans neck either as he ran past right infront of our dug out, Doran looks like a good acquisition,Rooney's getting back to being a real pain in the Erse for the opposing team and it was good to see proctor back on the pitch.

We still had plenty of chances with 10 men, bring on united cos we have nothing to fear.

Aberdeen won, bless, must be the first time in a couple of years but they still wish they were Caley.

Never saw the red card incident but it cost us the game.

We had plenty of chances to score but just can't buy a goal just now

Should have been 10 v 10 after the tackle on Shinnie and it's no concidence the right back didn't come out for the second half.

Hopefully Hayes isn't too badly injured and new guy showed a few nice touches

Spot on.... Agree with all that. I didn't see the Munro incident either (ball watching)

Seems the only person that saw it was the linesman. Whether it was a justified red card or not, it completely buggered up our game.

That apart, Sanchez didn't contribute a lot. Duncan should have been on from the start.

A very disspointing night with a red card that completely dictated the way of the game.

Didn't see what happened myself but Maguire was laying it on as thick as he could, he got up and as soon as the linesman flagged collapsed to the floor again. :irritated:

Fantastic goal by Jack, but his celebration was not needed. He should've been booked and McArdle should have been red carded. That challenge on Shinnie was disgraceful.

Duncan shoudlve been on 2nd half, with Duff reverting to right back. And as usual the forward subs were too little, too late. Doran showed a bit of promise when he came on, look forward to seeing him more.

Rooney had his chances but more often than not lacked service, Defence got ran ragged and easy balls seemed so difficult at times. Same old stories.

Hoping more new faces arrive soon as we are in desprate need of new options.

For what it's worth - i think we played some of the best football for a while tonight, even after the red card. Rooney's run and shot deserved a goal. By the time they scored their second goal Aberdeen had only had two shots on target.

Worrying run though, things need to pick up. Most clubs have a bad run, and if we can come through a 11 or 12 game bad run and remain in 5th or 6th place then we should be lucky.

Rooney had his best game for ages, and was unlucky not to score.

Munro off??? Ask the linesman or that cheating little shiiiit Maguire.

Don't be too harsh on the team if you were not at the game, as we gave Aberdeen a game with only ten men.

Not disheartened, but certainly disappointed.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Butcher seems to put a positive spin on the game which for me and and most who weren't there seams like the red card was justified and he is not happy with munro but he seems to be very happy with the performance so i say dundee united massive game now lets get behind the boys and hope we put the same performance next week and if we keep 11 men then maybe we will win

Rooney had his best game for ages, and was unlucky not to score.

Munro off??? Ask the linesman or that cheating little shiiiit Maguire.

Don't be too harsh on the team if you were not at the game, as we gave Aberdeen a game with only ten men.

Not disheartened, but certainly disappointed.

Thought Rooney had a great game tonight - held the ball up, laid it off well and ran himself into the ground. Very unlucky not to score, and would have been my choice for MOTM easily. We actually played some good stuff at times, and on another night could well have won. Can't say I saw much improvement in Aberdeen - they still look a poor side with a defence that is there for the taking.

MacGuire cheated. There was no dliberate contact, and I for one disliked the way that he peeked through his fingers that were holding his face just to make sure that the ref had seen him. Jack should have been booked, the "celebration" was inflammatory. I complained about it, got nowhere. The tackle on Shinnie was a solid red. So we were, in fact, really up aginst it tonight. We need a win against the arabs though, no question.