ICT -V- Aberdeen : Matchnight Thread

Scotty

The linesman saw feck all the whole game apart from the Munro incident which nobody else saw!! We just aren't getting the breaks from the referees at the moment but it just takes one big result to turn things around. When we beat rangers 2-1 at home in 2007 (I think) when rankin scored that screamer, we went into that game on the back of a 10 or 11 game winless run. 1 result I believe can turn it around. foran should be dropped and take a long, hard look at himself. He has been dire of late and we need him to be playing like he did last season! He drives us forward when he's playing well

• Agree 1

I'm absolutely gobsmacked at that game. So many controversial talking points. All IMVHO...

1. We were playing against 13 men tonight. The referee and main stand side linesman had it in for us big time.

2. Never a sending off for Granty. Macguire is a cheating basa and should be cited in retrospect for that.

3. Clear red card for the tackle on Shinnie (?). The fact that the ref didn't issue a red makes a mockery of the SFA.

4. Whoever it was that scored the first goal should have been booked for his celebration. Absolutely no need for that and the ref bottled it. Again.

I could go on a rant about specific players but to be honest I can't be arsed and it'd be a waste of time and effort.

Okay! To right! I would be raging too! First sending off of the season!

So is proctor in his place?

Yes, another record now sadly shattered.

Munro will obviously miss the Utd game - I'd guess the back four will be Duff, Tokely, Innes, Shinnie

I have noticed that refs seem to be more against us since Butcher spoke out a few weeks back!

I think I may just be a paranoid fan, however I have the feeling the spl are trying to eradicate Caley from the spl! Maybe Terry just put the idea in my bed .

I have noticed that refs seem to be more against us since Butcher spoke out a few weeks back!

I think I may just be a paranoid fan, however I have the feeling the spl are trying to eradicate Caley from the spl! Maybe Terry just put the idea in my bed .

You might have a point there.....

Maybe the officials are peed off trecking up the A9 and take it out on the team!

I know this is another defeat and that we are all disappointed after a great 2010 but we will win soon and have lots to look forward to. Yes our top 6 chances are getting more remote unless we start to win again but we are not out of it and even if teams pass us they wont get to far ahead of us so we still can battle for it and we have a great chance with the cup draw to at least pay one visit to hampden maybe two as well as lifting the trophey so we still have lots to look forward to between now and the end of the season

• Agree 1

Didn't see the sending off but if Terry is saying it was justified then so be it.Cannot help but pass comment on the officials. The ref was probably worse on Saturday but not by much on last nights. McArdle's tackle was a definite red card but the linesman didn't even raise his falg and don't think the referee was even going to blow for a foul had the whole home bench not erupted. Other incidents have been mentioned like the player not getting booked for celebrating his goal in an inflamtory manner and the deliberate handball by Vernon. These may seem petty but Russel Duncan was booked for doing a similar thing against Aberdeen a couple of seasons ago and Rosscoe was booked for a similar handball incident earlier this season. Absolutely no consistency from referees and the standard is the poorest I have ever seen.

As for the game, we played as well as we have for some time now and played some good passing football. Rooney had a massive game although he should have scored at least one of his chances. We probably made as many chances in that game, and certainly more clear ones than Aberdeen, which is good but we ned to take them. I am confident that we will soon.Shinnie, Duff, Tokely, Foran and Sanchez all had good games. For those slagging off Foran and Sanchex, but mostly Foran, what game were you watching. He ran him self into the ground and while not at the top of his game, cannot be accused of not trying. Some negatives however, how Nick Ross stayed on when it was obvious that Russel Duncan needed to come on is beyond me. He was totally overpowered in midfield which did lead to alot of pressure being put on our defence and was not snapping at players heels like Duncan would have done. That was such an obvious move for Terry to make so poor judgement there. Innes is a liability and should be on the bench as back up only. No pace, little awareness and awful distribution, he will cost us goals.

Luck has certainly deserted us at the moment but you could argue, we had lots of luck earlier in the season. We do need a win however and the Dundee Utd game could just be the spur to kick us on.

Sorry to say this but Grant Munro cost us the game last night.

I saw the sending off and from what I saw I am pretty certain Munro punched Maguire in the face or at least tried to. At the time I thought he got away with it until I saw the linesman with his flag up.

For me we were the better team before the sending off and still played some decent stuff in spells after it. I thought Rooney had his best game in a long time but just couldn't get a goal.

You ought to be careful Miss ICT. Ideas, Terry and bed in one sentence is a potentially dangerous mix.

Edited by Caley Mad In Berks

Positive from the game being rooney easily best performance in a long time looked a lot sharper and although didn't score very encouraging.

Don't like to say it but if anyone needs dropped from that team its foran he is captain and supposed to lead by example yet when things go wrong he is the one dissenting rather than motivating and his performances don't IMHO give him the right to complain.

Strange to pull dani at half time for proctor when duff is a capable stand in as i feel duff has very little to give in midfield as is supposed to create and have good vision but for me ross and sanchez can pick a pass out a lot better than duff and would prefer to see duncan play ahead of duff.

TBH once again if it wasn't for esson tonight could have been a lot worse as made some crucial saves.

You ought to be careful Miss ICT. Ideas, Terry and bed in one sentence is a potentially dangerous mix.

Woops :/ !

My take on the red card was that both players were guilty of raised hands in a "get out of my face" kinda fashion.

Players shouldn't do it, but Maguire acting like he'd been skelped by Tyson was a clear (and successful) attempt at getting a fellow player sent off for what was really a nothing incident

Guys you need to wake up a bit here. It was no tactic to get Munro sent off. As much as I hate Maguire, he didn't seem to do much wrong before Munro swung his left fist at his face. Yeah, Maguire made the most of it but it was a stonewall sending off. Grant Munro and no-body else cost us the game last night!

Guys you need to wake up a bit here. It was no tactic to get Munro sent off. As much as I hate Maguire, he didn't seem to do much wrong before Munro swung his left fist at his face. Yeah, Maguire made the most of it but it was a stonewall sending off. Grant Munro and no-body else cost us the game last night!

Seriously pal, what's your game here?

There was no swinging arm or fist. Nothing but handbags and Maguire fell like a sack of tatties to get Munro sent off. It really is as simple as that.

No game from me. I wish you were right but that is not what I saw. As far as I am concerned Munro definitely took a swing at him.

If the decision was correct to send him off, then why is it not in the (extremely edited) highlights?

No game from me. I wish you were right but that is not what I saw. As far as I am concerned Munro definitely took a swing at him.

If the decision was correct to send him off, then why is it not in the (extremely edited) highlights?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Cause it was off the ball incident and we dont exactly have cameras watching every angle of pitch..