Highland Huns

dougiedanger

Heard some Dons fans on Wednesday were calling us Highland Huns.

Is that a new thing?

What on earth have we done to deserve such a label?

Definitely not a new thing i have heard this a lot too

I reckon it has something to do with our predominantly blue strip and maybe some of the unfortunate songs that section G used to sing a few years back when we played Celtic

dougal

I used to go and watch Aberdeen in the SPL when I lived there (ICT were in the 3rd division at the time and progressing through the leagues - I'd go to games when I was home for the weekend). I never found the Aberdeen fans to be particularly friendly. A lot of them think Inverness is full of radges - which is quite amusing. Rangers of the North? Pah. Try Barca.

All the Dons fans I ken are quite sound, but they all have mentioned at some point how uncomfortable they feel about large sections of their traveling support. Huns of the North, I reckon, comes from a perception that everyone in the Highlands supports Rangers. I've heard it a few times. I would say Aberdeen are the Staggies of the East. ******, manky, depressing town, ridiculous accents and a tendency to cling to past glories for dear life.

• Agree 1

All the Dons fans I ken are quite sound, but they all have mentioned at some point how uncomfortable they feel about large sections of their traveling support. Huns of the North, I reckon, comes from a perception that everyone in the Highlands supports Rangers. I've heard it a few times. I would say Aberdeen are the Staggies of the East. ******, manky, depressing town, ridiculous accents and a tendency to cling to past glories for dear deer life.

Fixed it for you.

Most county fans I know have Rangers as their 'big' team. Not sure why. There's a big team just across the bridge from the Black Isle for them.

• Agree 1

Aberdeen fans are very paranoid. They hate anyone or anything Rangers related. They hate Terry Butcher and refer to him as a hun all the time. I think its why they didnt like Jimmy Calderwood even though he was the best manager they had for ages. Its quite funny that they hate a team so much when the other team doesnt really care about them. Its a bit like Ross County hating us

What a load of tosh. I've lived in Aberdeen for almost 40 years and in my experience there is nothing other than admiration and respect for what Caley Thisle have achieved and how we have established ourselves in the Scottish game.

I'm in Inverness this evening and left the "Caley Club" about an hour ago. What pisses me of is the amount of "Huns" who still frequent the club and think they have a divine right to loudly bad mouth Caley Thistle fans (in our own domain)and confirm their loyalty to the Boyne or whatever else these bigots pretend to understand aboud 400 years of Irish history which has absolutely feck all to do with the Highlands of Scotland.

Seventeen years down the line I get seriously annoyed with these morons who should be supporting their local club and buying thier brats Caley Thistle strips instead of old filth merchandise.

• Agree 8

What a load of tosh. I've lived in Aberdeen for almost 40 years and in my experience there is nothing other than admiration and respect for what Caley Thisle have achieved and how we have established ourselves in the Scottish game.

I'm in Inverness this evening and left the "Caley Club" about an hour ago. What pisses me of is the amount of "Huns" who still frequent the club and think they have a divine right to loudly bad mouth Caley Thistle fans (in our own domain)and confirm their loyalty to the Boyne or whatever else these bigots pretend to understand aboud 400 years of Irish history which has absolutely feck all to do with the Highlands of Scotland.

Seventeen years down the line I get seriously annoyed with these morons who should be supporting their local club and buying thier brats Caley Thistle strips instead of old filth merchandise.

On a more positive note, you don't see as many people wearing gear of the glasgow teams at TCS. Unless we're playing them, that is.