Inspirational Songs

caleytastic

The announcer is looking for an inspirational song for the team to come out to on matchdays. Something that will in years to come be a song that is instantly connected with Caley Thistle. For instance Nessun Dorma is a particularly inspirational. Please leave your suggestions

thunderstruck by ac/dc

rather than chanting magnus at the start though the crowd could chant CALEY

might be a little long though could need to look into a cut down version.... or just put it on a wee bit earlier

thunderstruck by ac/dc

might be a little long though could need to look into a cut down version.... or just put it on a wee bit earlier

:rotflmao: Brilliant post . Cant wait to tell the lads in the pub about this one :rotflmao::rotflmao:

thunderstruck by ac/dc

:rotflmao: Brilliant post . Cant wait to tell the lads in the pub about this one :rotflmao::rotflmao:

meh..... so my hearing is rubbish. sue me

I've always felt Nessun Dorma was a "closing" song, something used to end an event or evening.....don't know why, just feels like that kind of tune.

Maybe a bit of John Williams - Empire Strikes Back.....recognisable, inspirational and a bit of fun all in one.

So long as you don't play "Another One Bites the Dust" when we win a cup match then you should be ok.

Highland Cathedral is a wrist slittingly dull and lifeless song!

As i have sed before, I reckon...given our location....we should run out to Waterfront by Simple Minsds

Edited by SMEE
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

NaNaNaNa.......Magnus!

Brilliant. :rotflmao:

Reminds me of a mate who thought the SLF's Alternative Ulster was "Delta Waltzer".

Will only be amusing to those of a certain vintage.

:twothumbsup:

When i was 12, in first year at High School....my mate sold me an SLF badge. it had written upon it thus:

Alter-

Native

Ulster

So people used to say...cool badge...and id say...ya man....Alter Native Ulster rules :P

Chumbawamba - I Get Knocked Down!

I would come in after kick off for every home game if that was used.

Never before, or since, has a song nipped my head as much as that one does. So much so that even when I was DJing I refused to buy and/or play it.

SMEE, I think Simple Minds, Promised You A Miracle would be more apt considering that's what Terry did when we got relegated...and then delivered when we got promoted.

NaNaNaNa.......Magnus!

Brilliant. :rotflmao:

Reminds me of a mate who thought the SLF's Alternative Ulster was "Delta Waltzer".

Will only be amusing to those of a certain vintage.

:twothumbsup:

When i was 12, in first year at High School....my mate sold me an SLF badge. it had written upon it thus:

Alter-

Native

Ulster

So people used to say...cool badge...and id say...ya man....Alter Native Ulster rules :P

Without wanting to enter into a political discussion, I'd say it works both ways especially in the context of the song.

Highland Cathedral is a wrist slittingly dull and lifeless song!

Yeah I agree with that. If ICT want to promote themselves and the area as a modern, vibrant society and club then all of this heedily deedily, kilt wearing, cringe-worthy bagpipe stuff should be totally avoided. Also, anything football sounding or done a lot by other clubs ("I get knocked down" being a prime example) is another idea that shouldn't see the light of day. IMO a song that should be chosen should be something mainly done by a band which has a strong chorus and pounding kinda feel to it. It doesn't have to be a Scottish band or anything local either, just something with a lot of soul, such as my choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNnB4dkVRJI

It definatley shouldnt be anything to do with traditional scottish music...... just because we're in the Highlands it doesnt mean we have to live up to the usual stereotypes.

What about Ecstacy of Gold by Ennio Morricone or Dont Look Back into the sun by the Libertines?

Would love a muse song but it would be more suited to an evacuation of the planet and setting up a new civilisation than a football match!!

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2