Yesterdays Attendance

dougal

1893 was the official attendance yesterday :amazed:

Firstly i would like to congratulate every ICT fan including myself who attended yesterday, every single one of us deserve a round of applause :clapoverhead:

It will be interesting to see the stampede for tickets if we draw a glamour tie in the quarter finals, these so called fans who will appear out of the woodwork are a disgrace in my eyes and how they sleep at night is beyond me

Watching the game on TV only highlights how sparce the crowd was, in future when the crowd is that low we should wait till 2.55pm then all move en mass to the one area in the north stand(say section G & F) and main stand, that way it looks a lot less embarrassing on TV and you never know it might just create an atmosphere when everyone is huddled together

I had a big night on the sauce last night so i'm still half canned but i hope the above makes sense

Thoughts

dougal

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 7

well caught Sir you have hooked one

i am sick fed up of time and time again people trying to make out that because someone does not go to a game they are LESS of a fan than others

i would love to attened every game, i would love to have every strip i would love to do lots of things but there are a list of reasons why i can't/don't :-

• i am currently down in wolverhampton
  • i have a wife and two children, they sometimes have to come first
  • i am fortunate enough to have a season ticket so i go the games when i can
  • life doesnt always pan out the way you plan

it is becoming more and more common on here to find threads that are slating fans for one reason or another and its getting old and tired.

i am fortunate enough to be able to afford a season ticket and i am glad i do as i know it means that when i can get to the game my seat will be therre but im sorry i really didnt want to drive for the best part of 12 hours to come home see my wife and kids(who i havens seen for the best part of a month) for all of about 3 hours just so i can go to see us beat morton. im sorry if in your eyes that makes me a lesser fan but let me ask you this Dougal

when was the last time you went above and beyond for the club, when did you really get of your bum and do something for the club instead of just going online and bleating about how fans should be ashamed and unable to sleep at night?

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

i am sick fed up of time and time again people trying to make out that because someone does not go to a game they are LESS of a fan than others

i would love to attened every game, i would love to have every strip i would love to do lots of things but there are a list of reasons why i can't/don't :-

it is becoming more and more common on here to find threads that are slating fans for one reason or another and its getting old and tired.

i am fortunate enough to be able to afford a season ticket and i am glad i do as i know it means that when i can get to the game my seat will be therre but im sorry i really didnt want to drive for the best part of 12 hours to come home see my wife and kids(who i havens seen for the best part of a month) for all of about 3 hours just so i can go to see us beat morton. im sorry if in your eyes that makes me a lesser fan but let me ask you this Dougal

when was the last time you went above and beyond for the club, when did you really get of your bum and do something for the club instead of just going online and bleating about how fans should be ashamed and unable to sleep at night?

Calm down Tug............................nothing in the above post that's having a go at you or the likes of you is there? Dougal, for all his wind ups, makes a valid point that is true for the vast majority of clubs. Don't disagree with him, don't know what can be done about it but he doesn't deserved to be panned!

That's the thing about this and other forums. Are they private clubs that welcome only the opinions shared by the chosen few or are they public forums that allow freedom of speech/debate? Despite the best efforts of some (Alex :fishing:!) CTO usually falls in the latter category. Lets keep it that way!

Edited by Sorted
  • Agree 2

these so called fans who will appear out of the woodwork are a disgrace in my eyes and how they sleep at night is beyond me

dougal

Zebedee says "time for bed, Dougal."

Football has become very expensive to watch and, even with reduced prices for a less than glamorous tie, many people have to make difficult decisions

about which games they chose to attend.

However, I assume you're really talking about the couple of thousand who appear miraculously when we reach a semi-final and don't know the name of a single player?

If so - fine.

I agree with dougal. If the low attendance this was a one off I would ignore this thread but I'm begining to see a patterns in the cup games, not just at TCS. Where are the usual 3000 home fans that turn out for the league games The mind boggles

• Agree 1

Watched the highlights. Appauling attendance.

It's not all down to people unable to attend. Saturday afternoon, 3pm kick-off.. sudden drop in attendance, why? Only difference in this game from every other week, is the fact it was a cup game. Shouldn't be treated differently, same situation, league game, could almost guarentee a far better attendance. Bleh, mon' the away games!

Calm down Tug............................nothing in the above post that's having a go at you or the likes of you is there? Dougal, for all his wind ups, makes a valid point that is true for the vast majority of clubs. Don't disagree with him, don't know what can be done about it but he doesn't deserved to be panned!

That's the thing about this and other forums. Are they private clubs that welcome only the opinions shared by the chosen few or are they public forums that allow freedom of speech/debate? Despite the best efforts of some (Alex :fishing:!) CTO usually falls in the latter category. Lets keep it that way!

???

Well we who were there yesterday enjoyed it. Maybe it would be a good idea if the prices were lower eg £10 for kids quite a lot but realise that both teams have to agree.

Dougal theres a first we actually agree on something!

Edited by old caley girl

I seriously dont get this fluctuation in attendances at all. either you suppport a team or you dont. Now...i will admit...yesterday was a rarity for me...in that i was available to go to the game. But...i didnt have the money to spare. BUT...the other side of the coin.....i dont make the overwhelming majority of games these days...so...i wouldnt really be missed.

Question is tho.....where was the 1500 or so stay aways yesterday?....the ones that would turn up for the bigger games? I reckon ICT has a hardcore of about 1500 fans, who will turn up for most games, the rest are floaters, who arent so much ICT fans...more...general fans of football...looking to take in a game

Had a feeling this would pop up, unsuprisingly from Dougal.

Wasn't at the game with the missus yesterday. Our season tickets are bought and paid for so we make all the league games (unless it's midweek and I'm working away). Quite frankly I was not going to pay around ?50 for a day out in the cold to watch Morton with my 8 month pregnant wife. I have a baby arriving next month and every penny's a prisoner. I said a similar thing in a thread a while back when someone was having a go cos more people do not go to away games. Ultimatley everyone's circumstances / priorites are different and who is anyone else to judge.

Of course we would all like to see more heads at TCS but in the current financial climate I would rather a fan made 5 or 6 games a season than none at all.

Wasn't at the game with the missus yesterday. Our season tickets are bought and paid for so we make all the league games (unless it's midweek and I'm working away). Quite frankly I was not going to pay around £50 for a day out in the cold to watch Morton with my 8 month pregnant wife. I have a baby arriving next month and every penny's a prisoner. I said a similar thing in a thread a while back when someone was having a go cos more people do not go to away games. Ultimatley everyone's circumstances / priorites are different and who is anyone else to judge.

Of course we would all like to see more heads at TCS but in the current financial climate I would rather a fan made 5 or 6 games a season than none at all.

Well...yeah....your in similar financial dire straights to me, so its understandable not being able to make games. Unlike me tho, at least you have a season ticket. Firstly...i couldnt even begin to think about buying one, coz of a) not got the money nd b) Im lucky if im free to go to a handfull of games all season, because i got my wee ones or i do not have the money. In days of old...when my circumstances were different, i would have been there yesterday, even if it had been Whitehill Welfare they had been playing. But how many stay aways yesterday didnt go, just because it wasnt a big team ICT were playing? Thats the side of things i struggle to get my head round.

Edited by SMEE

dont think there will be this problem at the next round!

I will wager there will be plenty of empty seats tho....which, all things considered, is a pretty poor show!

I really doubt that

Any games here vs Old Firm this season have had plenty of empty seats. The Scottish Cup is less of a draw than the league these days!

Think I could well be at the QF game...............after all I'm one of those who some think not a good supporter. I only go to the big games......like Elgin City, Queens Park, Peterhead etc. For me the problem with going to other games tends to be the lack of available helicopters. But thats probably a poor excuse in the eyes of some folk.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Wasn't at the game with the missus yesterday. Our season tickets are bought and paid for so we make all the league games (unless it's midweek and I'm working away). Quite frankly I was not going to pay around ?50 for a day out in the cold to watch Morton with my 8 month pregnant wife. I have a baby arriving next month and every penny's a prisoner. I said a similar thing in a thread a while back when someone was having a go cos more people do not go to away games. Ultimatley everyone's circumstances / priorites are different and who is anyone else to judge.

Well...yeah....your in similar financial dire straights to me, so its understandable not being able to make games. Unlike me tho, at least you have a season ticket. Firstly...i couldnt even begin to think about buying one, coz of a) not got the money nd b) Im lucky if im free to go to a handfull of games all season, because i got my wee ones or i do not have the money. In days of old...when my circumstances were different, i would have been there yesterday, even if it had been Whitehill Welfare they had been playing. But how many stay aways yesterday didnt go, just because it wasnt a big team ICT were playing? Thats the side of things i struggle to get my head round.

When next season rolls around I've got a bad feeling I'll no be able to get a ST either Smee! :cry:

Mind you maybe I could get into the family section, on second thoughts nah I'd prob get shouted down for saying naughty words! :tuttut: