What keeper for the Quarter-Final ?

Stevie

Which Keeper ?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Tuffey or Esson for the QF ?

Tuffey gets the cup games.

Big decision for Terry to make, does he stick with the format or will he opt for our no.1 Ryan Esson ?

Personally, this is massive, I'd be going for Esson.

What do you reckon ?

Edited by Scotty
added a simple poll

Tuffey for me, why should he be dropped when he has played his part as much as anyone in getting us to the quarters?

In fact if it wasn't for him we may well have been punted out of the cup by Elgin City, a defeat that would have been the most embarrassing result in the clubs history

dougal

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

We simply have to play our strogest team add that means Esson. Sentiment cannot enter into this and those who think Tuffey should start ahead of Esson just because he has started the two cup games so far are deluding themselves. We have to try and win this game, and while Tuffey would not let us down I am sure, Esson is by far the more experienced keeper.

• Agree 2

Who would have the safest pair of hands lifting the cup aloft at Hampden?

In seriousness though, probably who is working hardest in training. Personally I thought JT did ok against the green ones in the league cup despite the scoreline earlier this season. It's great to have two classy (IMO international standard) keepers at the club just now.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

One keeper who won't be in the QFs is Kyle Allison, who made his first start (I think) for Dunfermline today v Aberdeen. Didn't have much to do until he arguably cost them the game in injury time when he failed to deal with a cross. Unfortunate.

I think we are lucky to have 2 such high calibre keepers to choose from these days, when you consider in most previous seasons we'd have had to call upon inexperienced back-up like Allison, Ridgers and even Fraser before he made his breakthrough.

i voted esson but ive changed my mind tuffey he's a quality keeper

he might be shy of game time, but there isnt very much between them and tuffey should be a little more match sharp for this one cause of the nation cup games

id possibly let him play 1 or 2 league games before the cup game

i still prefer esson but tuffeys certainly a talent and deserves more games than he's got so far this season.

I think Esson just, just edges it for me as he is number 1 and it is an old firm team and he has the experience. However I would in no way have any trouble having Tuffey there as he has played his part getting there and probably deserves to continue.

In all honesty, its a wonderful dilemma to have. Two quality keepers, either of whom we could have confidence in.

I voted Tuffey simply because he has been our "cup keeper" this year but would be equally happy with Esson between the sticks.