Did I overstep the mark?

RiG

Right the Evening Express and the Press and Journal have this facility on their site where you can post comments about news stories. Upon reading the one about bird flu in Fife I posted the following.

"Oh great, it would be in Fife wouldn't it?"

This was deleted within about half an hour.

So I posted again

"Not the first time a bird in Fife has been caught spreading infectious diseases"

This was also deleted. Did I go too far? I should also point out that I don't really think this about Fife people at all. Normally I stick to winding up the Aberdeen fans by making them fight amongst each other.

You can understand why they would delete it though? I mean bird flu is quite serious and there are a large number of people who are becoming increasingly worried that soon we will have human cases of the disease. I can see it was meant as a joke but the people who moderate the site may have decided it was too serious an issue to be joking about.

You can understand why they would delete it though? I mean bird flu is quite serious and there are a large number of people who are becoming increasingly worried that soon we will have human cases of the disease. I can see it was meant as a joke but the people who moderate the site may have decided it was too serious an issue to be joking about.

We already have had human cases of it but so far they have been folk in the far East who pluck birds for a living and are around them 24/7.

Apparently this was a migratory Whooper Swan that was found dead so every one seems to think oh that's fine it won't be here after all then :roll:

Yeah I can see why they would delete it though. That said some of the stuff that gets posted on the Sports section is by far worse and that stays - and it's nothing to do with me either! :lol:

It probably amused the person who deleted (well at least the first 4 times he/she seen it)

Have you got a link to the column you mention in our previous post? :? <- That looks like quite an angry 'Confused' smiley doesn't it?

I just tried to post a serious comment about Aberdeen trying to sign Hammel from Well and was told that my email address had been banned! :(