St Mirren -V- ICT : MatchdayThread

Scotty

Scottyy

I did NOT say that the BBC were entirely at fault, or even at all.

I said that they were rude not to reply to my email with THEIR reasons for non broadcasting to overseas listeners.

The fact that the Scottish Football Authorities (SPL?) may actually think that broadcasting this gane today, or any other game, to any overseas listeners will have the slightest effect on the bottomn line of any SPL club is laughable.Hilarious even.

In this day and age,and in the current financial state of the game in Scotland, as you righly point out, they should be doing all they can to promote Scottish Football wherever, and whenever, they can - not restrict it to the the few U.K listeners who actually do tune in.

For me it is like , say, a card game where all the players are hiding their cards under their vest. If you have a good had then reveal it and display it to the world for goodness sake.

The footabll Beaks in Scotland seem to be living in another century--look at Cairo , it was the internet and Facebook that started, fuelled and finally brought the revolution to a climax not the efforts of the Dictatorship-controlled Government's to control and thwart the media's reporting

of it.

My view is that by broadcasting your prowess and game to the world you promote interest and a newer business model which is more likely to be succesful than the "living in a cave" attitude of these folks.

Rant over- I am off to get my bacon and eggs and calm down.

Considering our defence was no where near our strongest a point was okay. Dargo pen - well will have to see the tv but looked v soft. Rooneys second was superb. Think we missed tokely badly today.

Nice to meet some of my fellow online posters!

Good day apart from the lack of a win!!

A couple of months ago we would have been really disappointed not to win against St Mirren but given the injury situation and suspensions to Tokely and Munro, this is really a pretty good result. Having said that, this is the type of game we really have to win if we are to hold on for a top six finish. It is a tough run in to the split with the last 6 games against sides likely to finish in the top 6. There are promising signs that we could get back to winning ways but it won't be then end of the world if we don't.

We need to be realistic and accept that a top 6 finish, whilst still very possible , is probably unlikely. If we end in the top 6 it would be an absolutely brilliant acheivement given the injuries we have had all season. At the start of the season I would have been happy for us to finish 11th and to be honest, even given our high placing at the moment, anything better than 10th at the end of the season will still represent a good performance overall.

• Agree 2

Not a bad result given our total lack of defence and the blind officials.

Unfortunately St Mirren obviously decided the stewards were far too friendly on our last visit, and had sent them for re-training to Tannadice. Pity.

But good also to speak to a couple of fellow CTOs.

Having watched the game on BBC "Waste of Cash" Alba, our back line looked like the only weak area today and that was a situation we could do nothing about.

Encouraging that the rest of the squad made up for that by making sure we stuck enough goals in at the other end to cancel things out. Rooney and Foran are really starting to click and I think we've found a bit of a gem in Doran, not only in his willingness (and ability) to run at defenders, but in his ability to actually deliver a decent ball from set pieces...once the guys on the receiving end get accustomed to a pacey ball instead of them floating in then I can see a few more goals coming there.

St Middens penalty looked very soft, but the other two were well taken and we can have no complaint about them. Even though we shipped 3 goals I still think there's more positives than negatives to be taken from today and it has to give Butcher a bit of confidence that, with the exception of the makeshift defence, he has capable players he can call on when needed.

Apart from the very dodgy penalty this was a fair game with a fair result. I must admit I was full of dread for our defence with Rossco and Granty missing and so it turned out. Proctor is a nightmare at the back and Innes wasn't far behind. Saints 2nd was the best goal of the game and I though we'd fall apart after that but the lads dug in and turned it around. All in all an entertaining game spoilt only by a steward who couldn't handle the pressure / banter and dived into the away support in an attempt to eject the culprit. I'd like to see him do that when the old firm visit. His actions could have caused a serious problem. And they wonder why fans stay away from football these days.

• Agree 1