St Mirren -V- ICT : MatchdayThread

Scotty

Wow--a goal already.

Scotty, as far as your thoughts on the BBC "Open All Mics" restrictions are concerned it seems to me that someone, somewhere in a high position at either the BBC or the SFA or the SPL, is paranoid.

A few weeks ago when all this nonsense started I wrote to the BBC Sportsound by email pointing out that there are probably only a relative handful of ex-pats scattered throughout the world whose only accessto SPL fiitball on a Saturday (or any other day) is through the Open All Mics since all otgher briadcasts to oiverseas lsiteners have systematically and progressively blocked as the last year or so has gone by.

I asked why they think that allowing access to these broadcasts to this tiny fraction of humanity could have the slightest effect on their business or ratings, and so on. The email was not impolite

They did not reply--which, as far as I am concerned, is very rude. If they have a case, a polite or straightforward reply outlining their reasonsis is all that is required but just ignoring it is simply consistent with modernity these days where good manners and responsible attitudesseem to be going the way of the Dodo.

Neverr fgear I will be contacying them again asking for the "courtesy of a reply" but am notholding my breath.

Maybe Charles Bannerman can make an enquiry or two and post their answer(s) on here.....? :redcard:

Scarlet. In my opinion it is NOT the BBC. They are simply broadcasting to the rules put in front of them. Those rules are dictated by the SPL (or for cup games the SFA) and in each case it seems to be restricted to broadcasting within the UK only.

It is short sighted in the extreme as far as I am concerned, and the SPL seem to be in blissful ignorance to the fact that their product is not as valuable as they think it is, nor is it particularly desirable for the masses spread around the world unless it is perhaps an OF game. No-one (except us and any St M. ex-pats) is interested in a St mirren -V- ICT game.

It has always been the case that live commentary of some games can only be broadcast in the uk. This happens when one or both sides have a live offering available on their site and have invoked their media rights. Understandable perhaps, and annoying too, but I can see the rationale and we have to live with that ..... but FFS, Open All Mics is not live commentary, it is a live discussion programme interuppted by "breaking news" if you want to put it that way. Whoever decided to go to the effort of insiting that this be geo-blocked is nothing but a bloody idiot with a hugely inflated sense of self importance and entitlement.

Not sure why Hayes started as he was struggling with previous knock.

The back four were just introduced to each other before the game, so no surprise we are conceding at will.

forget about them Terry and feed Doran, he could be the match winner.