St Mirren -V- ICT : MatchdayThread

Scotty

We were playing well and looked comfortable until Hayes went off the park and we lost our swagger. Would like to see the pen again, although Dargo goes down easily there is definitely a leg thrown out by Proctor so I think the ref had no choice. Proctor was a disaster at left back and his poor positioning left Thompson (?) the space for his goal, some finish though. After that, Butcher made his best decision of the day by swapping Duff & Proctor, Proctor went on to redeem himself and Duff also had a good game on the left. It was a bad day for defences because our 2nd was just badly defended as our first, good pressure by Rooney, Foran then eventually Doran and the ball was squeezed home. Rooney was superb yesterday and his finish for our 3rd was class personified, Foran won his first header of the day and played a terrific ball through, at full stride Rooney cuts the ball across the keeper to the opposite post... magic. Unfortunately though, we looked ropey all day on set pieces and they took advantage from a corner. It was like watching a basketball match at times but a draw was probably a fair result although we could have easily of lost if it wasn't for a wonder save from Esson

Great game but we really need to dig out a win from somewhere soon, just poor timing with all our injuries and suspensions.

Harry has the right of it. Both teams were pretty even and both teams played some very decent football. I'm still not convinced about the penalty but it was given and they scored from it and nothing can change that now. Defence was a serious problem for both teams and either could have had more goals. It was a bit sickening that after going 2-1 down and coming back to 2-3 we let them in for the equaliser but its still a point taken away from home and we are back in clear fifth for another week. Unless DU turn round the current scoreline.

I should add that, not only could we not field a strong defensive unit, we couldn't name a full squad for this game. Thankfully we have quite a few U-21's playing in the first team or we'd have had to raid the youths to adhere to the SPL rules.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Very good game, fast flowing end to end stuff. Happy with the point considering the suspensions / injuries. I thought the referee had an absolute howler though and I need to see the penalty again as it did look like a dive at the time. Saints 2nd goal was quality and Rooneys goal to make it 3-2 was well taken. Even though we didn't win. i think that is the confidence back up again and i'm sure we will win soon. Very promising.

The stewarding was awful. Petty and provocative. One of the younger lads was sworn at and then dragged by the scruff of the neck from a steward which then nearly caiused a mass brawl! The steward was removed and the police were viewing the CCTV. If it was caught, then i'm sure he will pay the price with his job. The steward with the clipboard was an absolute clown as well. There was just no need.

• Agree 1

I'm always correct (or some of the time, anyway...unsure.gif).

Well, your call for 4-4-2 was certainly timely. 8 goals in 2 games since Foran started playing through the middle and both he and Rooney look better players playing closer together, linking brilliantly for the 3rd goal. As entertaining as the game was yesterday, i really don't think we can get away with playing such an open midfield against better teams. Odhiambo and Doran were frequently pinned back, and while they worked hard in defensive areas, it's clearly not what they're best at. Esson rescued us again with an unbelievable save from a header late on. Surely he's an early favourite for ICT player of the year.

With only 5 players on the bench yesterday it appears that a couple of players have vanished without explanation. Golly? Was last on the bench against Hamilton last month. I haven't heard any mention of an injury. Blumenshtein? On the bench at Ibrox last month and hasn't been seen since. The Courier reported that he was called up for the Israeli Under-21 squad last week so he must be fit.

When you consider the situation that we faced yesterday I would have said that we di well to come away with a point - I felt that there were more longer term positives than negatives - and in an end to end match a draw was the fairest result.

So we start the game with a new if not "makeshift" defence. Not actually shure if Tel had any other options than what he picked - two central defenders who have not played together, one who is short of match practice. I have never liked Proctor at rite back but he deserved a chance and he didnt take it. Thank Gawd that we had Duff to steady the ship and Ryan to save the day as ever.

The loss of Hayes also put the game plan out of synch and we had to change our tactics accordingly. Cox and Duncan were strong enuff in midfield and will always be first pick when we have a wide option to play to and through. It was my first glimpse of Doran and he shure has potential but needs match time to progress and fit in to the system. Rooney and Foran together will reallly pay dividends. I thought that Foran played as well as I have seen him in ages - possibly released from the responsibility of shoring up the midfield and being overly defense minded. He has the "head", the positional sense and the movement to be the perfect foil fer Rooney as the third goal proved.

I would take Dargo back in a mo and he carved us open a few times in a St Midden 10-15 first half dominance which may have been as much about us sitting back on the lead. I was surprised that Hogg and Innes did not dominate in the air and we always looked susceptible to set plays - plus Innes lost his marker on several occasions.

ESSON :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Mr reliable as ever - and am I being cruel - but was he found wanting a little during that fisrt half Midden dominance - I kept on waiting for him to sort out the defence and give them laldy but he didnt and I was equally surprised that he stayed on his line so much. But what a reaction save at the end.

DUFF :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Another reliable who at times appeared to be the main man marshalling the defence. Plays the easy ball every time.

HOGG :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Thought that he looked the better of the other three by a long way.

INNES :twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Lack of playing time showed and he looked lost at times.

PROCTOR :twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Strange choice at left back - given his chance and didnt take it.

DORAN :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Like my first look - very Hayesesque but appears to be more of a tracker backer - also looks as he can pass/cross with either foot.

COX / DUNCAN :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Solid enuff but I would have scored Cox just in front of Russeldhino

HAYES :twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Not around long enuff to make any difference.

FORAN :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: My MOM with his best all round performance in ages.

ROONEY :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup: Certainly appeared to be helped by the new Foran and he shure is taking his chances again after a bare spell.

As fer off the field I will hit another thread on that.

• Agree 1

Am I right in thinking the first goal was Proctor's lunge, the second an unmarked midfielder (who did the same thing to us twice at the dump) and the third a complete failure on the part of Roonay to challenge for a header? I think Chris Innes needs to go.

My guess is -

Esson

Duff Innes Hogg Proctor

Hayes Duncan Cox Doran

Foran Rooney

Completely correct! Is this a first?

Its amazing how correct one can be seven minutes after the team lines are released.

That's insider trading Rene!

:yellowcard:

Edited by TheKnowledge

This video constantly stopped on my computer. So many times that I could not count them .

The black disc in the middle of the video kept going round and round and round. Can't imagine what it could be other than the video

Has anyone else had the same problem? Any explanations.

This video constantly stopped on my computer. So many times that I could not count them .

The black disc in the middle of the video kept going round and round and round. Can't imagine what it could be other than the video

Has anyone else had the same problem? Any explanations.

Pause it and let it load up.

Top Six Next Year

Don't fully understand your advice! If it is already stopped why would you "pause it"? And how?

Doesn't seem to matter what I do, it just keeps on stopping.

This has happened occasionally in past videos but not nearly as many time as this one.

Is there any explanation for :shrug: this?