Lennon Juanjo incident and other red cards...

hobopete

Was talking to a celtic supporting pal today who questioned my dislike for Lennon (as if you need a reason!). I replied that I lost all respect for him the day he feigned a headbutt from Juanjo. Juanjo was subsquently red carded - fairly early in the game - and we went on to lose what, from memory, had been a fairly tight game.

He pretty much denies knowledge of this incident - I've trawled youtube and the like but can't find a video of it. Does anyone happen to have a link to it?

In order to make a thread of it, can you name a worse red card awarded to a Caley Thistle player? I remember thinking Tokely's was harsh against Falkirk when we got relegated so in terms of importance maybe that one ranks higher even though it merited a yellow?

Not an ICT one but this has to be the worst red card !!!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cf3_1299581628

streaker on the pitch, player tackles him to the ground when no-one else seems to be making a decent attempt (ie. the stewards) and the ref sends the player off. Game was 1-1 at the time, the team that had the player sent off went on to lose 3-1.

I remember being so incensed by that incident that I wrote a letter to Martin O'Neill questioning the honesty and integrity of his club captain. Well, more than questioning it! He still hasn't replied :lol:

the game against aberdeen on the same day as Barrys testamonial dinner

Russel sent off DURING half time

Grant Sent Off after full time IIRC

still fail to see how players can be sent off when the game is not actually in play

think blackie had a similar incident for kicking the ball back to the side while walking off ???

Another harsh red I recall was McCaffrey away at Falkirk (when they played at Ochilview). One of their players had fallen to the ground and was gripping the ball between his thighs to stop Caff getting possession. The ref should have blown for a free kick to us, but didn't, so Caff had little choice but to but his foot in to retrieve the ball.

Russell's sending off was for booting the ball as hard as he could into the gods at the rear of the main stand, borne out of frustration because we lost a goal on or near half time I think. The half time whistle blew and he thumped the ball skywards. Deserved second yellow and a bit remiss of Russell to do it, he let the side down that day for sure. Was that not the 3-4 game, cracking entertainment that one.

Russell's sending off was for booting the ball as hard as he could into the gods at the rear of the main stand, borne out of frustration because we lost a goal on or near half time I think. The half time whistle blew and he thumped the ball skywards. Deserved second yellow and a bit remiss of Russell to do it, he let the side down that day for sure. Was that not the 3-4 game, cracking entertainment that one.

thats the game

made al the more strange by the fact that we landed up with the two jimmys at Barrys dinner...seem to remember him making a reference to it in his speech (Jimmy Nicholl)

Juanjo's ban was rescinded but as i remember Lennon escaped punishment for his part in it.

On the Aberdeen game, if i recall correctly Duncan's 1st booking was for winding up Dons supporters when he scored, two really stupid bookings. He deserved to go off that day.

Was talking to a celtic supporting pal today who questioned my dislike for Lennon (as if you need a reason!). I replied that I lost all respect for him the day he feigned a headbutt from Juanjo. Juanjo was subsquently red carded - fairly early in the game - and we went on to lose what, from memory, had been a fairly tight game.

He pretty much denies knowledge of this incident - I've trawled youtube and the like but can't find a video of it. Does anyone happen to have a link to it?

In order to make a thread of it, can you name a worse red card awarded to a Caley Thistle player? I remember thinking Tokely's was harsh against Falkirk when we got relegated so in terms of importance maybe that one ranks higher even though it merited a yellow?

That was a fantastic tag team effort from two of Scotlands worst officials - Dougie "Clueless" MacDonald and Alan "Huh? What?" Freeland. It was Freeland who informed MacDonald that Juanjo had headbutted Lennon and, acting on this advice, MacDonald sent him off. Given the decision was rescinded Freeland and MacDonald should have been hauled up before the beaks to explain this farcical decision.

Tokelys red card against Falkirk was fully warranted.

Another harsh red I recall was McCaffrey away at Falkirk (when they played at Ochilview). One of their players had fallen to the ground and was gripping the ball between his thighs to stop Caff getting possession. The ref should have blown for a free kick to us, but didn't, so Caff had little choice but to but his foot in to retrieve the ball.

That was a foul on McMenamin. I remember seeing it on Football First (remember that!?) and it was never a sending off.

Thanks CaleyD. It brings back the rage just watching it back! I still can't understand how players can react like that - certain players must actively wait for situations like that to occur so that they can take advantage of it.

I was one off the fans that Lennon "challenged". It was hilarious watching him being dragged away from us by Balde and being thrown on the bus. The guy was a disgrace as a captain and even more of a disgrace as a manager. :irritated:

• Agree 1

Speaking of dodgy goings on in football, Birmingham player Jordan Mutch has just been shown an 'invisable yellow card' in their match with Everton.... :yellowcard:

Back to the point of Neil Lennon being a dirty cheat, does it not seem slightly hipocrytical now that it was Dougie MacDonald that seemingly showed bias toward Celtic that day, yet he turned on the official at Tannadice earlier this season???

It's a conspiracy

Sadly the goading, 'conspiracies', violence, simulation, mudslinging and every other kind of nonsense is permeating the game to the roots in Scotland. Have a look at the lead story on the Edinburgh Evening News: http://bit.ly/hjDrPU

The saddest part of this whole situation is that games involving the ugly sisters from now on will, I assume, have increased viewing figures with people tuning in just to watch the pantomime'esque' rubbish which accompany them. This in turn will place more pressure on the SPL to have more derby games and increase the likelyhood of the league moving to 10 teams, thereby hurting our club.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

Lennon is a complete disgrace.

I've loathed him since Juanjo day and he just keeps getting worse and worse.

He really needs help and shouldn't be allowed to work in football.

With him being banished to the stand on Sunday I sincerely hope that all those around him goad him for all they're worth.

Push him to the brink and watch him self-destruct.

Sadly I think he thrives on the goading. He's making out he's a victim in all of this (and some of the incidents have been awful) but i can't help but think this is what spurs him on. This is the last post I'm making in regard to him. (For tonight anyway, at least.)

He should be treated as all ginger nuts deserve - dunked in a hot vessel, sucked and swallowed and the process repeated. In Lennons case he travels through the digestive system and re-emerges the folowing day - when ya can repeat the satisfying routinr again and again.