***GAME OFF***

Sadly the weather hasn't let up overnight and following the 8am inspection, the referee has called the game off due to a water logged pitch.

I believe that the game should now go ahead this Tuesday, assuming the weather improves over the next couple of days.

If Dundee Utd Motherwell were to draw this afternoon, the semi final draw would have 8 teams in it :-)

Any word on when they hope to re-schedule?

As Laura says, the rescheduled date is this Tuesday 7:45 but I suppose that could possibly be tweaked for TV purposes.

Brilliant stuff, didn't expect there to be a date set so quickly.

I notice the last train back down to Glasgow is just after twenty to ten, does anyone know/heard of scotrail tweaking there times slightly to allow what I'm sure would be a large number of people to head back down on the night?

Edit: Scrap that, it would be an 11 hour journey :lol:

Looks like I'll be trying to wiggle my way into a Celtic supporters bus instead.

Edited by Iain

So..... Back on to that bus, and back down the A9 towards Glasgow for the Celtic entourage, and then back on it again for the long boring journey north on Tuesday. They'll be thoroughly p1ssed off with that - my heart bleeds for them!

:nanananana:

What a bummer! Rugby it is then, followed by Man City v Reading on ESPN at 17.30. A couple of my mates are avid Reading fans. There are about 3000 going up to Manchester today in 60 free coaches laid on my the Reading owner, John Madejski. Mind you he is a multi millionaire, but it is still a nice gesture.

Psychological warfare. Celtic pack their bags after a warm night in the Kingsmills and head back to Glasgow. They train Monday and presumably head back Tuesday morning. Hopefully they travel by coach on both journies rather than fly.

I'd contemplate buying it to personally shut the place down on Tuesday.

Seeing as Alex Salmond has had a greater than normal interest in Scottish football of late. I hope he can make it up for the match not only to see what should be a great game but to get first hand experience of how much funding is required to vastly improve the A9.

Never mind dangerous overtaking lanes. If the A9 was dueled between Perth and Inverness at a speed of 1 mile a year. The project would not be completed until approximately year 2100.

If funding is available to widen roads to accommodate an overtaking lane but the funding isn't there to dual it then change the rules please first minister.

I have a feeling that Wednesday has been chosen to get the game on TV. There was no chance of it being on Sky on Tuesday but looking at the Wednesday scheduale they are showing Trans World Sport on one of their channels at that time which suggests they could put the game on.