Celtic cup tie now WED 7:45

As it says on the tin. 7:45 WEDNESDAY 16th March.

Thanks Laura. I have just had a call from Jimmy Falconer to say that the rearrangement has been rearranged to WEDNESDAY. I was en route to the only sporting event apparently on today - the Half Marathon - so diverted towards the nearest computer but you've got the job done!

Any word of tv coverage? Can't see it being on sky with the Champions League matches also on.

I understand that there will be no TV coverage on Wednesday night and that the rescheduled date was changed from Tuesday to Wednesday to allow the pitch 24 more hours to dry out since there were no longer any TV constraints.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Majorly peed off. Just got home.

Been up in Inverness since Friday to make a weekend of it, looking forward to the footy. Then this happens. I knew it wouldnt be called off due to snow, but wasnt thinking of a waterlogged pitch.

Got a refund easy enough before i came down the road. Hacked off i wont see the game though!!

Any word of tv coverage? Can't see it being on sky with the Champions League matches also on.

I understand that there will be no TV coverage on Wednesday night and that the rescheduled date was changed from Tuesday to Wednesday to allow the pitch 24 more hours to dry out since there were no longer any TV constraints.

Does this mean the club will lose out on tv money?

So because there are matches not even in Scotland, or the UK that are getting shown on UK TV we lose money and can't get our game shown live on TV. SKY and the Champions League are utter idiots.

Its bad enough having the game moved to 3 on a Sunday afternoon ahead of the biggest rugby match of the year but if this Champions League nonsense is in fact the cse I will not be happy.

Does this include the BBC? I would imagine they would love to show a game like this on BBC Two if they got the chance?

So because there are matches not even in Scotland, or the UK that are getting shown on UK TV we lose money and can't get our game shown live on TV. SKY and the Champions League are utter idiots.

Its bad enough having the game moved to 3 on a Sunday afternoon ahead of the biggest rugby match of the year but if this Champions League nonsense is in fact the cse I will not be happy.

Does this include the BBC? I would imagine they would love to show a game like this on BBC Two if they got the chance?

Get in the real world Proctor, SKY,SPL,SFA,BBC,Uncle Tom cobbly and all don't give a flying about what supporters want,They will sell their soul and KO times for a fistful of anybody's dollars

• Agree 1

Does this mean the club will lose out on tv money?

Get in the real world Proctor, SKY,SPL,SFA,BBC,Uncle Tom cobbly and all don't give a flying about what supporters want,They will sell their soul and KO times for a fistful of anybody's dollars

Unfortunatly I know your right, Its going to come back and haunt them in the long term.

Anyone know how much today's postponement will cost the club ? I'd imagine there'll be a much smaller attendance at the Wednesday game and with the loss of tv money and hospitality it must be in the region of ?50k , money we can ill afford to lose .

Anyone know how much today's postponement will cost the club ? I'd imagine there'll be a much smaller attendance at the Wednesday game and with the loss of tv money and hospitality it must be in the region of ?50k , money we can ill afford to lose .

Much more than that! The Sky money is over ?80,000 on it's own. Then add in smaller attendance, hospitality etc

I would imagine the takings will be more than if it was another SPL club.

Weather wise I have just heard that the A9 is very bad (snow)and traffic is stationary on the dual carriageway heading north about 20 miles from Inverness

Much more than that! The Sky money is over ?80,000 on it's own. Then add in smaller attendance, hospitality etc

Is that ?80k each or shared between the clubs ?

I would assume the 80k is shared, the gate money will be shared, but we keep money on food, drinks, hopsitality, 50/50 draw, progs etc

I would assume the 80k is shared, the gate money will be shared, but we keep money on food, drinks, hopsitality, 50/50 draw, progs etc

I think it's ?82,000 each. So a bad hit if that is the case.

Has it been confirmed that the game won't be on the box? Sky will retain the rights and given they are contracted to show a certain number of ties each round I'd have thought that they will want to show it.

I believe Sky's deal was to show three of the four QF's. Having now decided to screen the Brechin v St J replay of tuesday 22nd I think they will fulfil that agreement. Up till last season the fourth QF match went to terrestrial tv. None of them have produced the cash this season. Makes me wonder why I pay a licence.

• Disagree 1

Has it been confirmed that the game won't be on the box? Sky will retain the rights and given they are contracted to show a certain number of ties each round I'd have thought that they will want to show it.

I believe Sky's deal was to show three of the four QF's. Having now decided to screen the Brechin v St J replay of tuesday 22nd I think they will fulfil that agreement. Up till last season the fourth QF match went to terrestrial tv. None of them have produced the cash this season. Makes me wonder why I pay a licence.

Espn have a few games on wednesday Sky have none, itv are showing Chelsea and incase your interested Rangers will be on ITV4 on thursday

If our game hadn't been binned they'd have shown two of the QF's with the Dons-Buds game on BBC and Brechin-StJ not on the box. I think they get first dibs on any replays, which would mean showing the StJ-Brechin game. But that would still leave our game. Maybe they aren't going to bother with it, although a midweek away game for Celtic would probably get a few more viewers than most other Scottish games.