CONGRATULATIONS CHARLIE

L_G

Confirmed in the Courier.  SPL Manager of the month.  :clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping04:

Well deserved IMO. Well Done Charlie.

Apologies for duplication of a similar thread, but thought it was worthy of a sticky announcement.

Guest eriboll

FANTASTIC  :022:

Now can we go for two in a row without the normal result for manager of the month.

Yes well done to all concerned.

Congratulations to Tommy and the background staff, the players and everyone upwards to Charlie.

Ironic that another SPL club tried unsuccessfully to copy our model of club management the last time the club received the MOM award. That's the circle completed. Let's get down to business and move onwards and carefully upwards. Continuous improvement has to be the aim.

In some ways it's utterly amazing because as Barry has said and we have seen, we're not actually playing that well at present. Keep it up Charlie.

Confirmed on the official site HERE

This link did work earlier, but the article would seem to have been removed from the official site for some reason.  Must have been leaked too early or something.  OOooops

Courier has quotes from Charlie praising the whole team and in fact everyone within the club so it must just be a technicallity.

[EDIT (by Scotty) : The information was released to the club and press a few days early. This is normal practice with a story like this and is done to allow the press some time to get pics/quotes.  Stories are 'embargoed' until an agreed date/time - in this case Sunday 5th - when it was to be officially announced and could be printed in newspapers/websites or broadcast on radio/tv.

It appears that the Courier may have jumped the gun and will doubtless take some flak over this. Dont expect any article to be available on the official site until Sunday as regardless of the fact that its in the Courier, the club have to abide by the original embargo date (unless the SPL say differently in the meantime). I believe an article was published on the official site briefly (after the courier had gone on sale), but was removed as it was not meant to be displayed until Sunday.]

Great news for CC and everybody concerned with the club, now the hard bit starts were up there to be shot down, manager of the month usually coincides with a poor result, what with that and the fact that Aberdeen are comming to town on Monday will be really interesting. What a fantastic achievement it will be to get the 3 points, set us up well for November.

A nice wee response to all those who doubted his ability to continue the good work started by Pele, continued by Robbo and Brew and now CC and Parky have shown that they can also play with the big boys.

So, for all you midges and humpedagains.....................HAVE SOME :021:

Okay I know this is not the right place for this response but here goes anyway.  Charlie has obviously made a conscious decision not to acknowledge the players, the players must know this and I assume they get their praise or critisim later.

My theory - Acknowlegment in the heat of the moment could make a very public gesture, either positive or negative.  If he acknowleges some but not others then I think that would be a bigger problem.  We would then all be reading things into how he responded to each player.  We know he is a passionate and potentially heated guy, so I suspect he is much happier to show how he feels about the players performance in the dressing room and not from the dugout. He also keeps his focus on the game, not worrying about how he should respond to the player or if the player isn't happy at being hooked.  I know it's unusual, but it seems to work for him.

I know the players have a lot of respect for him and Parkie so I don't think it causes any unrest within the team.  It's just fans that seem to have a problem with it.  We won't change it so best just accept that's the way he works, and for now I'm happy to go along with that if the results keep coming.

Sorry - Rant over