Rory McAllister

Kirishima

I thought I read somewhere he was doing college/uni course that had 1 year left. So he wanted a 1 year part time deal until that was done. Good on him if thats the case.

He is going into his last year on an apprenticeship to be a plumber...

If he does sign to Peterhead it shows the real side of rory, dropping down a divison for more money and staying part-time instead of moving up leagues going full-time for the same or slightly less money

or maybe it shows a maturity beyond his years and a realisation that football is a short career and once its over he will need to find work in the real world just like the rest of us .... finishing his apprenticeship gives him options were he to get injured, go off the boil, or not have it in him to become a coach or manager when he hits his mid thirties or later ......

• Agree 3

If he does sign to Peterhead it shows the real side of rory, dropping down a divison for more money and staying part-time instead of moving up leagues going full-time for the same or slightly less money

or maybe it shows a maturity beyond his years and a realisation that football is a short career and once its over he will need to find work in the real world just like the rest of us .... finishing his apprenticeship gives him options were he to get injured, go off the boil, or not have it in him to become a coach or manager when he hits his mid thirties or later ......

Spot on.

In footballing terms no doubt a step backwards if true.

But in life terms, is it not sensible to consider taking something on locally that will allow you to finish your apprenticeship and put a few quid in your pocket? Football is a very fickle business (as Rory will know well) and maybe the boy thinks it's prudent to have something to fall back into befor making the plunge into full time?

Seems quite a sensible and mature option to me.

• Agree 1

Coincidentally, I recall speaking to Martin Bavidge on the subject of career first and football second. I imagine it has worked for him. That said, I think Rory could if he trained harder become a top player with plumbing career to fall back on. Just ask our Director of Football.

Coincidentally, I recall speaking to Martin Bavidge on the subject of career first and football second. I imagine it has worked for him. That said, I think Rory could if he trained harder become a top player with plumbing career to fall back on. Just ask our Director of Football.

And what would our DofF know about it?

No more Green dots but this have a thumbs up.... :twothumbsup: Rory had a scare im sure, being dropped from us and learnt that you need a trade, again as ive said on other threads.... some only have football so need to make it pay before the big 32 mark.... Fair play and good luck to the lad, he has made a name for himself. :twothumbsup:

Rory will likely be an SPL player again and may even make a bit of money out of the game. I dont think he's the type who can coach or manage so when his playing days are over he has to have something to fall back on. Makes every sense to complete his apprenticeship.

Rory now stating he wants to play fulltime football next season even though Peterhead have only offered him a part time deal.

Aye but Rory is renowned for not really saying what he means. Good luck to him tho but he will have to have matured considerably if he is to make the grade.

I see he's turned down joining St Mirren. I don't know which is funnier. Him turning them down or the fact they tried to sign him! Aberdeen & Hibs are named as possible destinations though :amazed:

I see he's turned down joining St Mirren. I don't know which is funnier. Him turning them down or the fact they tried to sign him! Aberdeen & Hibs are named as possible destinations though :amazed:

I'm surprised he has turned them down too, although i do think they'll be one of the favourites for relegation this season. He must be fairly confident he can get a better deal somewhere else.

I'm surprised he has turned them down too, although i do think they'll be one of the favourites for relegation this season. He must be fairly confident he can get a better deal somewhere else.

Apparantly the St Mirren offer was a bit of a cheek. They made an offer based on the presumption that a few quid more than he earns part time with Brechin would make him jump for joy. Think they forgot to realise that Rory was once an SPL player and knows the average salary in that league.

Apparantly the St Mirren offer was a bit of a cheek. They made an offer based on the presumption that a few quid more than he earns part time with Brechin would make him jump for joy. Think they forgot to realise that Rory was once an SPL player and knows the average salary in that league.

In football terms its been a long time since Rory was involved in the SPL so he unlikely to know what the going rate is for a "fresher". Lets not forget he spent most of his time in our U19's and Reserves and was very much a "bit part" player in the first team and was not on a big wad. As ususl, he is maybe setting his sights too high. He is on VERY GOOD money with Brechin so it will take a pretty high offer to tempt him financially. If he is SERIOUS about his football he should consider ALL full-time offers but these may come from the first division. If he 's in the game for cash, he would be better staying put.