Least favourite team

Kirishima

Apart from the usual suspects (O.F, Dons, RC) what team in any league in any country do you dislike and why? For me...

Cardiff

?30m in debt, currently they have 6 loan players in, were late with wages, late with tax bills and went to the high court, winding up orders narrowly avoided. They lied to fans by saying if they bought 10,000 advance season tickets, ?3m would be spent on players, but then spent it on debt instead. Sold land for ?450k to pay off debts, and sold Aaron Ramsey, Danny Gabbidon, James Collins all to reduce their debt, their chairman got the job by investing ?6m in the club, and while Motherwell were asking for a long overdue ?175k, Cardiff went out and got Craig Bellamy on ?45k a week wages.

I like teams like Norwich who are very much run in the proper way, for them to be edged out to the Premiership by a reckless debt-ridden club would be unjust.

This season, Celtic. Blatant Machiavellian attempt at manipulating referees, whilst blaming them and everyone else for their failures. As if the Old Firm get less decisions than anyone else.

Not overly fond of Chelski either. I don't like clubs that will buy success, then sack a manager because, in the case of Grant, he loses the Champions League Final (after substantially improving on Mourinhio's league position), then sacking Scolari for losing a couple of games whilst still attempting to build his team. And another very good reason...

...Italy! Love the country, have some very good friends from there. Despise the football. I don't mind Scotland, Austria etc playing defensively as they just don't have the players to compete. Italy has some of the greatest players in the world, yet are still content to grind out a 1-0 win against lowly opposition. I find their football too dull to be interested in and that's purely down to their tactics, not the quality of player.

The OF - Celtic for the constant whining about refs and Rangers for just being a dirty/nasty team. Also dont see what either Hamilton or St Mirren bring to the SPL - poor crowds, poor quality football, low entertainment value - would be happy to see a couple of D1 teams get the chance to replace them!!

Outside of that, any team that goes out and tries to buy a title such as Man C & Chelsea, always get satisfaction seeing them fail miserably. At least teams around them such as Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs try to develop young talent and buy players looking to build a team, the aforementioned 2 just seem to buy - then if they fail to win clear out for huge losses and start again, its where football is going mad with money wasted.

• Disagree 1

Rangers - other than Stamford Bridge, the only ground in these islands where, outside on your way the game, you could by a copy of National Front newspaper as a companion to your pie and bovril. Enough said.

MK Dons - can't be arsed with franchise sport. Amalgamation or merger is one thing (please no Dougal!) but doing what they did is just wrong. Get your own team!

Hamilton - everything about them!

Celtic and their "carry on" esp this season and then the of together for thinking that they are the only ones that matter and should do whatever suits them for games/league size etc

Man City for thinking that all that matters is how much you can pay for success (could poss have added a few others in this catagory in England).

Finally Aberdeen for not realising that we are now in another century and its not the 1980's anymore.

• Agree 1

The OF - Celtic for the constant whining about refs and Rangers for just being a dirty/nasty team. Also dont see what either Hamilton or St Mirren bring to the SPL - poor crowds, poor quality football, low entertainment value - would be happy to see a couple of D1 teams get the chance to replace them!!

Outside of that, any team that goes out and tries to buy a title such as Man C & Chelsea, always get satisfaction seeing them fail miserably. At least teams around them such as Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs try to develop young talent and buy players looking to build a team, the aforementioned 2 just seem to buy - then if they fail to win clear out for huge losses and start again, its where football is going mad with money wasted.

That sounds very close to home .

Hamilton for pritty much the same reasons as Caley100 plus their boring style of play.

Dundee for never knowing when to quit spending.

Aberdeen for their false sense of accomplishment.

The Old firm for the way they dictate most things in the game.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Whats the hatred for the crew about Scotty?

Toronto have never beaten them in 11 attempts !!! 5 losses, 6 draws. They are our nearest rivals in terms of geography (315 miles away), and their local police - who are not used to large crowds [Columbus is relatively small] - tasered a few TFC fans when went there a couple of seasons ago in numbers (about 2500 of a travelling support). Added to that they had Steven Lenhart playing for them until the start of this season and he is a player that TFC fans love to hate for some reason ......

post-2-0-29922000-1300809128_thumb.jpg

I am sure the dislike for them will decrease when Montreal enter MLS next year as they will no doubt be top of our s***list !

Dundee. We all know why.

And I don't like Falkirk. Mostly 'cos of their fans, I can't recall ever meeting one I liked. And they relegated us. And Steven Pressely. But mostly their fans.

I know a Dee fan and he's a nice chap, we broke him at Mooncat's stag do!!

I have a very strong dislike for Liverpool, but not as much as Man City (and Chelsea).

In terms of UK teams, I cant say there are any I really hate ..... There are some who I have a soft spot for for various reasons, but the rest really become irrelevant to me rather than hated.

-- Soft Spot --

Queen of the South (used to get good craic with their fans in Inverness and Dumfries)

Newcastle (got a few Geordie mates)

Wolves (not sure why, just always liked them for some reason, even in lower divisions)

Wimbledon (my late uncle owned a house in Wimbledon)

Arsenal (used to go to Highbury when I lived in London)

thats about it really ....... everyone else (except ICT & TFC) are irrelevant !

Hamilton - Anti Football and a manager who is so far up his own behind his shiny shoes are stained brown

Man City - buying there way to nothing.

Wolves - the only town i have seen football firms in. watched them chasing a load of man u fans (or vice versa) up the street earlier this year

AC Millan - watched them play roma a few years ago at the san siro. atmosphere was great but it was largely created by the away fans, the football was worse than us though...

For me it would be any club - mostly from the English Premiership - that has tens of millions of quid pumped into them to buy players with egos larger than their talent, who care not for the club, the fans or anything else but money. Some of them don't even know how to put on training bibs :rolleyes:

Up here...only three teams i hate are Rangers....apart from all their sectarian *****...they are mind numbingly dull to watch. Then theres aberdeen, whos fans seem to think they should be still winning things, coz they had 4-5 good yrs near 30 yrs ago. And the tinks up the road, who should never have got into the SFL in the first place. They only got in coz they had a good couple of years, and mostly the fact Elgin Had been done for cheating.

Down Souf.....i hate Chelsea....who seem to think they are a "big club" but they were pretty much nobodys till Abramovich came along. And Liverpool....i really dont like em

• Agree 1

Pre Neil Lemmon Celtic and Rangers in equal amounts.

Now

Celtic, Celtic reserves, Celtic under 21's, all Celtic youth teams and Falkirk becaus Pressley is an arrogant,cheating t**t

• Agree 1

Apart from the usual suspects (O.F, Dons, RC) what team in any league in any country do you dislike and why?

The OF seem to be permeating this thread just like they do Scottish football in general ... so just re-iterating the original poster's actual question ....... lets keep this an OF free zone :ictscarf:

Aberdeen, cos I live here and 99% of their fans and definitely the local paper seem to be under the impression that their football team is the greatest ever, however when they loose its the end of the world. They also seem to think that they're hard done by cos they're far away from the central belt. For example in today's edition Joe Harper suggests that its a crime that their Scottish Cup semi-final is on a Sunday at 12.45pm and suggests that in order to accommodate his team having a 3pm Sat kick off (his argument was that they may need the next day off to celebrate!!!!!) the whole Scottish card of that weekend should be switched to the Sunday. To me that sums up the Aberdeen arrogance, they would knock out another 30 odd teams fixtures to suit themselves. Other than that, nobody really puts me up or down.

I enjoy watching any football but, as I have only one favourite team, I cant actually have a least favourite. For the rest of you I assume you all have a number of favourite teams and you are now discussing the least favourite of those favourites. So what about the teams you dont like?

• Disagree 3

Barcelona - 'Mes Que En Club', eh, no, I think you'll find that you are actually just a club, much like Real Madrid, or Port Vale, where you spend more than you earn. Real at least own up to it. Nice stadium, well done, it must be hard work building a bowl with no roof, well done.

Ireland - Get over it, it's gone, and you can't have an odd number in a tournament.

France - Uhh, yuk. Sort yourselves out lads.

Kilmarnock - Hurry up and take your turn, you have been clinging onto the SPL for far too long, and now your thinking of Europe! Its just going to make it all the harder when it finally happens.

Partick - Your not anybody's second team, and hardly anybody's first team.

Aberdeen - Way too much expectation, and the fact they have never been relegated just proves that life isn't fair.

The Hurricanes - I was never comfortable with their tactics, which involved waiting until they were four nil down, and then starting to play. Why not play from the kick off?