Least favourite team

Kirishima

Added to that they had Steven Lenhart playing for them until the start of this season and he is a player that TFC fans love to hate for some reason ......

Seperated at birth?

post-2081-0-81793600-1300974021_thumb.jppost-2081-0-25459200-1300974009_thumb.jp

For me it's just the old firm, with Celtic edging it this season.

Edited by PullMyFinger

Excluding OF,R.C and the YOUR NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE club, it would be Falkirk,Partick,Hamilton

I thought Dundee would have been mentioned more for their seemingly endless money pot of last year but you cant help but admire them for climbing out of the relegation zone the hard way

Edited by 12th Man

Don't like Partick much. All the patronising middle class fans coming on to lecture us in 2004 when we took their SPL place. Also the carp about being different from the OF, while their fans are still able to spit on you and abuse our ground staff while turning up late pished and helping their mates over the wall at TCS for free. Going out the cup to them twice were low points in ICT history.

Never had much time for St Midden either. They've never quite got used to the idea that ICT are a big enough club to beat them regularly. Mind you I suppose they bring more to the SPL than Hamilton.

I enjoy watching any football but, as I have only one favourite team, I cant actually have a least favourite. For the rest of you I assume you all have a number of favourite teams and you are now discussing the least favourite of those favourites. So what about the teams you dont like?

I think, judging by the red dots, that my command of the english language has wooshed right over the heads of a few people.

For something to be your least favourite then in must be in your favourites list. i.e the lesser of your favourites.

Edited by Alex MacLeod
  • Disagree 2

I understand what you're saying Alex, but some people have teams that wouldn't make it onto a favorites list, and it is these teams we're talking about. (I think :nanananana: )

When I lived in the Midlands I used to hate a few teams...

Aston Villa - Because my dad is a former Blues fan and my mates at school used to think like Aberdeen fans of today. i.e. living off their euro exploit decades ago.

Stoke City/Millwall/Cardiff - Excuses for organised fights whenever they played. It's football, not boxing!

Blackburn Rovers - When I supported Man Utd I couldnt stand Blackburn. I think they cheated their way to their title, and there was too much arrogance in their squad in the form of David Batty, Stuart Ripley, Greame Le Sucks, Tim Sherwood and even Alan Shearer! Hated that.

Southampton - Particularly when they thrashed Man U 6-3 at The Dell a day before we went to Weymouth for a day out!

Greenock Morton - Most depressing stadium building site I have ever been to and just never likes them :shrug:

Now, since I've moved North, I quite like to see the Midlands teams do well (although I still hate Villa).

These days (aside from the obvious) I don't like...

Chelsea/Man City - as per reasons already mentioned by others regards buying success

St Mirren - Rosscoe is Innocent!!! And their stewards are a bucnh of :******: 's

MK Dons/Leyton Orient - Let me down one too many times on my coupons this season :thumbdown:

Dundee - they voted no to us entering the SPL in 2004 along with Partick (Partick understandably as they were being relegated so not got a problem with them!)

Dundee Utd - I really dislike Peter Houston

Accies -Horrible stadium / support / town / pubs

Falkirk - nasty support

Hearts - arrogant fans

I enjoy watching any football but, as I have only one favourite team, I cant actually have a least favourite. For the rest of you I assume you all have a number of favourite teams and you are now discussing the least favourite of those favourites. So what about the teams you dont like?

I think, judging by the red dots, that my command of the english language has wooshed right over the heads of a few people.

For something to be your least favourite then in must be in your favourites list. i.e the lesser of your favourites.

Interesting point. I wonder if you have a dictionary definition to support your case? I can see where you're coming from but I would argue that the common use of the phrase to mean "most disliked" takes precedence over any technical linguistic argument. Its part of the evolution of language. Being the least favourite is placing something at the bottom of your ranking of liking something.

Interesting point. I wonder if you have a dictionary definition to support your case? I can see where you're coming from but I would argue that the common use of the phrase to mean "most disliked" takes precedence over any technical linguistic argument. Its part of the evolution of language. Being the least favourite is placing something at the bottom of your ranking of liking something.

i didnt know people with this level of english lived in inverness :amazed:

Not sure I agree with people who say Falkirk have horrible supporters.

Experiencing their reception when we walked to Brockville on the final day of the first Highland March was fantastic, and this was repeated when we took a lap before Highland March 6. I've never had a problem with them outside HM circles either.

Granted the way we were relegated leaves a sour taste in the mouth as far as Falkirk FC are concerned, plus I'm not a fan of Steven Pressley, but i cant really say their support is bad. So many other fans (hamilton, OF, aberdeen and Dundee spring to mind)